Repeatable Events and High Tenacity

2Next

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Frankly these opening TM-trains are far more irritating than higher tenacity opponents. You cannot even retreat and re-start until the train has run its course which in some cases can be half a minute or more.
    afii3p9x7j69.png

Nah..... Your bounty hunters just need milk.
    I gave them extra Wheatties and they 3-starred CT2.

The TM-trains are still irritating though. Nothing you can do except wait for them to finish and decide whether to continue or re-start.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'd first point out that I have already completed all feats in all 7 tiers of the current BH GC (so this doesn't come off as a "sour grapes" post). In repeatable events, please stop with the high tenacity toons (or ships - ala Finalizer event). It only forces players to enter, open, then, when the needed debuff(s) don't stick, retreat, rinse and repeat. That does not make the event "better" or "more puzzly" - it just makes it rng-dependent, boring, and take longer than it should.

High speed or high health units, as a gear/relic "check" is understandable. But high tenacity is just a "time wall". Please stop implementing it in repeatable events.
    @scuba @MetaThumper @Nikoms565
    I read the OP. It complained about BH GC and high tenacity. My reply is a solution. It is also the most valid solution. You will find many posts on the forums where I recommend to people using HK for his tenacity down. My most common is Thrawn to HK, but even Jawa Engineer then HK. It's the mechanics. Complaining about legit mechanics such as NPCs using high tenacity just like I do with my 174 tenacity Nest is not going to change any Dev decisions.

Get Dengar. I don't have Dengar, but that is the solution.

It would be funny if a Dev jumped in here and said,"If you guys can mod your Nest to 174, why can't we mod our NPC's to 174?"

Galactic Challenges are not meant for everyone to = win each week. You should steamroll some and you should struggle on others, unless your roster is just that awesome. Mine is not. Lots of missing feats this time, cause I don't have Dengar.

Except you didn't read the OP. It says nothing about this being specific to this BH GC. It says in general repeatable content, why is the tenacity always tuned so high? They didn't ask how to beat this one, they said they already beat all of it.

Apparently the meaning of "I read the OP" has changed recently

Except I did read the OP, and I stand by my points. Use tenacity down mechanics, even though you are not just referring to this event "I'd first point out that I have already completed all feats in all 7 tiers of the current BH GC (so this doesn't come off as a "sour grapes" post" that you did refer to with your cognitively dissonant opening disclaimer.

Just about every faction has a toon that puts down tenacity. It is a great and powerful mechanic.

Ah, yes, because using a character with tenacity down would totally make the opening turn of a JTR team running HSTR P1 less RNG. Oh, wait... that relies on one of 2 exceedingly specific team comps Neither of which want to apply tenacity down

Oh, right, that totally applies to events like hero's journey events, etc. where you're stuck using a very specific team Nearly all of which don't have tenacity down, or require higher gear if you need to waste a turn applying it.

Oh, right, that totally applies to the eventual GCs that require teams that don't have tenacity down. ...as you yourself said, "just about every", NOT "every" - What happens when we get, say, a Tusken GC, that's reliant on landing debuffs?

The initial high tenacity in most of these encounters does literally nothing other than waste the player's time - Because it doesn't change the rest of the fight, it ONLY changes the first turn. See: JTR HSTR strats, which are exceedingly consistent after that first turn if you get 2 confuse stacks and speed down to stick. It doesn't matter after the first turn if debuffs are 50/50, because stuff like speed modding, etc. generally lets you keep them up after landing them that first time.

And most teams that rely on debuffs for damage, like Vader, either have stupidly high base potency options (throw piett on your vader team, for example) or are normally modded for high potency anyway.

Really, these high tenacity events pretty much only negatively affect normal teams using useful debuffs as part of their actual strategy, rather than actual debuff-focused teams like DR/Vader/NS/etc. ...and don't actually change your ability to "win", at all, they just make you restart 50 times until the necessary debuff lands.

With that said, not all of these GCs are actually "high tuning", but rather an affect of certain characters being present. ...mando's lead does provide bonus tenacity, for example, which I'm pretty sure does actually apply, as I vaguely remember one of them applying palp's lead in a previous GC.
  • Options
    Frankly these opening TM-trains are far more irritating than higher tenacity opponents. You cannot even retreat and re-start until the train has run its course which in some cases can be half a minute or more.
    afii3p9x7j69.png

Nah..... Your bounty hunters just need milk.
    I gave them extra Wheatties and they 3-starred CT2.

The TM-trains are still irritating though. Nothing you can do except wait for them to finish and decide whether to continue or re-start.

Lol that'll work too and I agree about the TM argument.
  • Options
    im not worrying about the tenacity but the stupid turn meter overload and high speed.

Nobody liked that.