Territory War Placement editing

Having participated in a ton of Territory Wars, something that I have noticed is that occasionally a guild member will place a defense team that will be in the wrong order, or a team that should probably not be on defense. An example would be an Ewok team with Ewok Elder in the leader slot and Chief Chirpa in a non-leader slot, whereas the correct leader should be Chief Chirpa instead of Ewok Elder (who should be in a non-leader slot).

This got me thinking:
As far as I can tell, there is no way to truly prevent a guild member from intentionally ruining a guild's war defense by filling it with random squads composed of level 1 un-geared characters (troll squads). I have not seen this before first hand, but I can see it possibly being an issue. It would probably just be random people trying to troll a random guild (as opposed to people trying to sabotage a guild they are facing in a territory war, since you can't see the enemy guild in a territory war until it is too late to sign up for it.

How these issues could be fixed:

Add potential powers that guild leaders and officers have that would allow them to:

A) Edit the order of squads (their own squads and other guild members' squads) in their war defense. For instance instead of being stuck with a squad composition placed by another guild member consisting of (numbers each representing a unique character in the squad):
1 2 3 4 5,
guild leaders and officers could edit the order, to something such as this:
4 2 3 1 5.
This way, the guild officers and leaders are able to optimize their war defenses and to fix mistakes made in it.

B) Remove squads from their war defense (their own squads and other guild members' squads). This would directly combat territory war trolling. The guild member who placed that now deleted team would then have to re-place it in order for it to be on the defense again.

C) Swap the locations that squads are placed (their own squads and other guild members' squads). For instance, if a guild officer or leader thinks that it is a better idea to have a squad placed in the middle left fortification be moved into the bottom right fortification, they can then make that change.

*Leaders should probably have the ability to decide whether officers have these powers*

Just a quick QOL suggestion that I thought of. These changes don't necessarily have to specifically combat trolling; they would be useful to have anyways.

Replies

• Options
    not sure why it replaced suggestion B with a face but ok lol
  • Options
    Sorry but no.

To my knowledge the trolling you speak of isn't an issue and they can always boot people who continually don't set a proper defense.

Part of tw is being able to work together rather than having rather guild leader babysit everyone.

I'm ok if they make gac defense changeable and tw changeable by the person who placed it in case they make a mistake but a guild leader changing my teams because they think they know better. No thanks.
  • Options
    Sorry but no.

To my knowledge the trolling you speak of isn't an issue and they can always boot people who continually don't set a proper defense.

Part of tw is being able to work together rather than having rather guild leader babysit everyone.

I'm ok if they make gac defense changeable and tw changeable by the person who placed it in case they make a mistake but a guild leader changing my teams because they think they know better. No thanks.

The trolling thing was just speculation, so I am not too surprised if it isn't a real thing. I honestly just think that these QOL changes would be more useful for Guild leaders and officers editing defenses in general. This could be helpful for newer players who need assistance with picking the right war defense.

Yes, if the guild leader and/or guild officers are not very good at strategy in this game, it would not be ideal to have them edit your teams.

But then again, if your guild leader isn't very good at strategy in this game then they aren't qualified to have access to features such as territory war/battle orders either. And if your guild leader isn't listening to your input despite you having more experience than them, then it is probably time for a guild switch.
  • Options
    The devs have stated more than once that they will not implement a change like this. Allowing officers to change TW defences fall under the category of players having their gameplay controlled by someone else.

It might be a pain in the neck, but the only way round this is to fill your guild with reliable people who follow instructions!
  • Options
    Alternatively you could recruit (and keep in the long term) only the players that are willing to cooperate and follow the set instructions.
  • Options
    A FAR better idea (for TW and GAC) would simply to make it possible for a player to replace/change/remove any defensive team that they, themselves have set. No guild officer intervention needed. No "playing for other people" - just a simple "undo" option. How this has never been implemented is beyond me.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    A FAR better idea (for TW and GAC) would simply to make it possible for a player to replace/change/remove any defensive team that they, themselves have set. No guild officer intervention needed. No "playing for other people" - just a simple "undo" option. How this has never been implemented is beyond me.
    Honestly, that could work just as well, I just feel that my idea and your idea both have specific and conditional flaws.

My idea could be a problem if the leadership or officers don't know what they are doing, and the player who placed the defense isn't online later when they could revert the change.

Your idea could be a problem if the player who placed the defense doesn't know what they are doing, especially if they are offline for the rest of the setup phase duration when they could revert the change.
  • Options
    Alternatively you could recruit (and keep in the long term) only the players that are willing to cooperate and follow the set instructions.

Mistakes can always be made.
  • Options
    The devs have stated more than once that they will not implement a change like this. Allowing officers to change TW defences fall under the category of players having their gameplay controlled by someone else.

It might be a pain in the neck, but the only way round this is to fill your guild with reliable people who follow instructions!

oh ok. I gotchu