Mandalorian S2:E4 Chat (SPOILERS)

Between medical appointments and a studio-wide meeting that lasted hours (which was fantastic and necessary), the day got away from me. I won't normally post outside of business hours, but I want us to be able to continue our conversation about Mando S2.

Razor Crest FTW

Replies

  • ... wow.

    Foreshadowing isn’t usually something SW is good at. But that... that could lead to a lot of fun things.
  • I consider mando light fun, I'm not as big on it some seems to be. This episode delivered in spades on that front and it feels like the budget have significantly gone up from first season. The nonstop action sequence in the 2nd half of the ep was pretty well done.
  • spoilers alert for the last chapter of the mandalorian

    If you saw the last chapter of the Mandalorian you will know that at the end of the chapter the dark Troopers appeared and that gave me the idea of ​​a complete squad of imperial droids and that squad would be forming by

    the imperial probe droid which would get a rework
    0a192j4lkam9.png

    the Dark Trooper who would be the leader for being the most technologically advanced
    qvaqs00vc2se.jpeg

    the KX-series security droid that appears in rouge one and jedi: fallen order, which would be the team tank
    4nnbqu9n0qmu.png

    the EX-D series infiltrator droid that appeared in the Rebels series which will be one of the attackers of the squad
    9fcbysj3mdzz.png

    and the DT-series sentry droid which also appeared in the Rebels series and would be the other attacker of the squad
    01wio02izhl9.jpeg

    extra: IT-O Interrogator this at first I had thought for the squad but I remembered the DT-series sentry droid and I end up taking it out because this droid seems to me more like a complement like the ARC Soldier's turret than a character because this droid never enters combat is more of a tool than a unit
    nyy426h9qxjr.jpeg

    And then that would be my composition of an imperial droid squad, what did you think? would you change something? what would you guys change? goodbye



  • spoilers alert for the last chapter of the mandalorian

    If you saw the last chapter of the Mandalorian you will know that at the end of the chapter the dark Troopers appeared and that gave me the idea of ​​a complete squad of imperial droids and that squad would be forming by

    the imperial probe droid which would get a rework
    0a192j4lkam9.png

    the Dark Trooper who would be the leader for being the most technologically advanced
    qvaqs00vc2se.jpeg

    the KX-series security droid that appears in rouge one and jedi: fallen order, which would be the team tank
    4nnbqu9n0qmu.png

    the EX-D series infiltrator droid that appeared in the Rebels series which will be one of the attackers of the squad
    9fcbysj3mdzz.png

    and the DT-series sentry droid which also appeared in the Rebels series and would be the other attacker of the squad
    01wio02izhl9.jpeg

    extra: IT-O Interrogator this at first I had thought for the squad but I remembered the DT-series sentry droid and I end up taking it out because this droid seems to me more like a complement like the ARC Soldier's turret than a character because this droid never enters combat is more of a tool than a unit
    nyy426h9qxjr.jpeg

    And then that would be my composition of an imperial droid squad, what did you think? would you change something? what would you guys change? goodbye



    Although I THINK those are Dark Troopers, I wouldn't be certain of it yet. They look like Dark Troopers, but they also look like some other imperial stuff. I think this squad would definitely be fun, however from what I know of Dark Troopers they would definitely be an Attacker Unit, so this squad would have 3 attackers.
  • Well I think this solve some rise of skywalker questions as to how the emperor got his cloning tech. And are these possibly the troops from dark forces?
  • So we’re those EP clones in the tanks, or Snokes? I’m leaning towards EP. When I paused and took a closer look, it looked like his face.
    Some of the plot lines in this episode and the last one were kind of clunky and didn’t make much logical sense. I know it’s SW and logic is loosely held to, but it’s shouldn’t be glaringly obvious so as to make your suspension of disbelief fall apart.
    Not going to nitpick it here, I just hope they tighten it back up.
  • First, the episode was directed by Carl Weathers himself - how cool is that?

    Second, doesn't anyone on that show remember the famous words,
    Come to the dark side. We have cookies.

    I have a bad feeling about those space oreos.
  • Can I be that guy.. although I’m watching the show and some what enjoying it.. is it me or is going a little slow? I mean half way through the season and he’s back where he started and all he has is a planet and a name..

    Just wish the story would pick up more
  • Ultra
    6786 posts Member
    Kripty wrote: »
    Can I be that guy.. although I’m watching the show and some what enjoying it.. is it me or is going a little slow? I mean half way through the season and he’s back where he started and all he has is a planet and a name..

    Just wish the story would pick up more
    We found out:

    1. What Greef and Cara have been up to
    2. How Nevarro has been doing
    3. Mando is being chased by the New Republic
    4. Gideon is alive
    5. Hints on why Gideon wants the child (pretty huge)
    6. Gideon has a tracker on Mandalorian, so they are hot on his trail

    The story is picking up at a good place, its not just doing exposition dump after exposition dump, its doing a slow crawl reveal, with world building, while keeping it episodic

    Last episode we learned a lot about Bo-Katan, the Mandalorians, their goals, Gideon, and where Mando needs to go to find a Jedi to complete his quest

    All these building blocks will converge for the last few episodes, for sure

    I understand that the pacing of the episode will not sit well with everybody though. I'm enjoying it, however

    I think you'll like it more if you watch it as a complete season in a binge rather than week-to-week
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Kripty wrote: »
    Can I be that guy.. although I’m watching the show and some what enjoying it.. is it me or is going a little slow? I mean half way through the season and he’s back where he started and all he has is a planet and a name..

    Just wish the story would pick up more
    We found out:

    1. What Greef and Cara have been up to
    2. How Nevarro has been doing
    3. Mando is being chased by the New Republic
    4. Gideon is alive
    5. Hints on why Gideon wants the child (pretty huge)
    6. Gideon has a tracker on Mandalorian, so they are hot on his trail

    The story is picking up at a good place, its not just doing exposition dump after exposition dump, its doing a slow crawl reveal, with world building, while keeping it episodic

    Last episode we learned a lot about Bo-Katan, the Mandalorians, their goals, Gideon, and where Mando needs to go to find a Jedi to complete his quest

    All these building blocks will converge for the last few episodes, for sure

    I understand that the pacing of the episode will not sit well with everybody though. I'm enjoying it, however

    I think you'll like it more if you watch it as a complete season in a binge rather than week-to-week

    Don’t get me wrong things have happened but for me personally I guess it just feels a little bit repetitive.

    I enjoyed Rebels and CW more I guess but the difference there is they had more of a cast, they could do an ep on Ezra and the next on Zeb and so on and the same with CW.

    Here it’s a show about a man in a mask and a baby that can’t talk..

    Dialogue is slow too. And being a show about one guy will be like that.. my wife said it feels like the show has 4 lines, “this is the way”, “ don’t touch that” “I’m looking for other Mandalorians” “ I’m returning him to his kind”

    Kinda made me laugh when she said it.
  • It's deliberately copying Have Gun ... Will Travel and the epic series Gunsmoke. The dialog in those series could also be terse and laconic. (Not that I know personally, but it's what I've read when reviewers last year were discussing the influences of earlier shows on Season 1.)

    So there are other shows that have been successful with similar dialog & pacing. This show is likely to continue copying them. So if that's what's bothering you, I don't think it's going to get better.
  • You say that it’s going to slow yet in my opinion ep 4 had a lot of story within and it is setting up wat looks to be an excellent next episode
  • Episode 5 Ahsoka

    Episode 7&8 Final Showdown with Gideon 2

    Episode 6 ?
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • MasterSeedy
    2521 posts Member
    edited November 23
    Ep5: Act 1, questing for Ahsoka. Act 2, learning things with/from Ahsoka, Act 3: the attack by Gideon.
    Ep 6: On the run the whole episode. At first they think that he's more powerful/ influential/ knowledgeable than he is. Later they realize he doesn't have force powers & he doesn't have people everywhere. He's just tracking them. They disable the tracking device and/or slip it onto someone else's ship.
    ===> Unforeseen twist: Gideon manages to kidnap BY or, if not, manages to put huge pressure on the Mandalorian. Enough pressure that Mando has to seriously consider actually giving them the child. Maybe he's talking about killing everyone on Navarro or something. In any case, either he gets The Child or he acquires Unspeakable Leverage.
    Ep 7: Kuill or The Armorer or Bo Katan ...or maybe even Cobb Vanth (but probably Kuill)... provides a place for the escapees to regroup & plan. They must mount a desperate attack, but at least they have a plan. They attack, but find out in the climax of Ep7 that their plan is not going to work.
    ===> Special, entirely foreseeable twist: someone dies at the end of Ep7 or beginning of Ep8. Things look grim. Most probable candidate for dying? Kuill.
    Ep8: All the surviving heroes that were separated - Bo Katan, Ahsoka, Cara, Greef, Kuill, a rebuilt IG-11?, really anyone that survived this far - come together to defeat Gideon. The assistance of the homeworld-Mandalorians is crucial, and Bo Katan wins the dark saber during the battle, becoming the presumptive leader of Mandalore. As a result Mando goes from hero-on-the-run to hero-with-a-home, if he wants it. But he turns it down to continue the quest to get the child home.

    Gideon survives his defeat for a bit, but then we see how angry the power behind Gideon has become and realize that he might not be alive at the beginning of Season 3 even though the heroes did not kill him. Will that power be SEE himself? Or does SEE have a force-wielding agent with a body that is more mobile than that of SEE who is his direct intermediary with people like Gideon who are given power but not normally allowed to see the SEE face to face.

    If SEE is present in this final scene of foreshadowing, there is nonetheless revealed that powerful force-wielding Hand of the Emperor who is now given the all important task of retrieving The Child. (Mara Jade?) It is obvious that Mando has no idea how much trouble he is in, how powerful is the enemy that will pursue him in Season 3... but that's why Ahsoka has been introduced. Not because she was needed against Gideon, although she was, but because now that the battle is truly joined, the heroes will not be able to survive Season 3 without their own force wielding hero, and Ahsoka is it.
    Post edited by MasterSeedy on
  • ===> Special, entirely foreseeable twist: someone dies at the end of Ep7 or beginning of Ep8. Things look grim. Most probable candidate for dying? Kuill.

    Kuiil is already a goner, son.
  • Post-script:

    Cobb Vanth will make an appearance. It's possible that Vanth rather than Kuill will provide the safe place to regroup & plan at the end of Ep6/beginning of ep7. He's also a candidate for Hero-that-gets-killed, but I still think Kuill is more likely to be that one.

    The diligent X-Wing pilot will also make another appearance, leading fighters from the New Republic to help stave off total defeat at the end of Ep7 and/or to make victory possible in the middle of Ep8 (though ultimate victory in Ep8 will not be won from the cockpit of a ship).

    Unfortunately, diligent X-Wing pilot is likely doomed at some point in season 3. For he's the point of contact between the heroes who must, at some point, learn the nature of their true enemy, and the Galactic Republic, which must remain ignorant of SEE's existence to allow time for him to raise the First Order against them & build his super-fleet during the sequel trilogy.

    Since the heroes have to learn the nature of their enemy in order to have a true fight between them & their enemy any information conduit between them the Republic must die.
  • MightyWizard
    840 posts Member
    edited November 21
    If they're actually dark troopers in the show then that'd be pretty awesome. As far as I remember they're originally from The Force Unleashed, yeah?
  • Kuiil is already a goner, sondaughter .

    Wait, what? I guess I forgot that.
  • Kuiil is already a goner, sondaughter .

    Wait, what? I guess I forgot that.

    It was in ep 8 s1 at the start
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Maximillian222
    12 posts Member
    edited November 21
    If they're actually dark troopers in the show then that'd be pretty awesome. As far as I remember they're originally from The Force Unleashed, yeah?

    They are Dark Troopers. If you have on descriptive audio during that scene they are described as Moff Gideon standing in front of Dark Troopers.

    EckhartsLadder points this out:


  • So, should Gideon pilot his transforming TIE or his destroyer?
    Also, nice timing on adding Gideon to go with his (presumed) return to the story.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Sebek
    1028 posts Member
    Love The Directing by Sir Carl Weathers, Love Moff Gideon
    Also There's a Jupiter Globe in one Scene
    Loved Every Part of it
    Join the Dark Side, We Have Cookies.
    Join the Light Side, We Have Wookies.
  • I think that Ashoka will tell Mando that she would have no idea about Yoda's species and advice him to search him who knows everything about Yoda's species and only Mace Windu knows about this. I have collected logics from this
  • I'm diggin reading the speculation, reviews, opinions and proposed storylines.

    There was a lot going on in this episode, but not necessarily in-your-face about it.
  • efazboka71 wrote: »
    I think that Ashoka will tell Mando that she would have no idea about Yoda's species and advice him to search him who knows everything about Yoda's species and only Mace Windu knows about this. I have collected logics from this

    That’s a pretty far fetched theory. The only “evidence” cited was that George Lucas left a plot hole that could lead you to believe anything you could imagine. George left tons of huge plot holes. Not because he was secretly building cool plot lines to be revealed later, but because he was more interested in creating cute and warm story lines than solidly built ones. The same goes for JJ Abrams.
  • The only cool secret plot reveals he ever created were Vader is your father and Leia is your sister. And they came about by accident. Not because they were originally planned for.
  • First, the episode was directed by Carl Weathers himself - how cool is that?

    Second, doesn't anyone on that show remember the famous words,
    Come to the dark side. We have cookies.

    I have a bad feeling about those space oreos.

    They were macaroons not oreos, and they are normally very bright colours.

    But dark side child could be interesting 😁
  • Mohrg wrote: »
    First, the episode was directed by Carl Weathers himself - how cool is that?

    Second, doesn't anyone on that show remember the famous words,
    Come to the dark side. We have cookies.

    I have a bad feeling about those space oreos.

    They were macaroons not oreos, and they are normally very bright colours.

    But dark side child could be interesting 😁

    I guess all the macaroons I've ever had were the boring ones. lol.

    They made the child adorbs in this episode. Not a huge fan of it, but I did chuckle a bit. The wire bit in the beginning was kinda funny, though predictable.
  • I think it would be cool if the show goes their own route with Gideon and the post ROTJ empire doing something new rather then trying to tie in sequel trilogy story lines.

    The clones in the tanks could be just test subjects for projects Gideon is trying. This troopers in the final scene look like dark troopers. Gideon may be trying for a army with soldiers infused with midichrolrians.
Sign In or Register to comment.