Can amor/resistance be reduced below 0 by armor/resistance penetration?

rsy17
3 posts Member
edited November 2020
After some messed up stuff and cleaning up, here is the third try:

Let's say you have a lvl 85 char with 20% armor, which would be a flat value of about 160 (637.5*20/(100-20)).
And let's say someone attacks with 10k dmg and 200 armor penetration.

Will the flat armor be reduced to about -40 aka -6%, so he would actually do 10.6k damage?
Or will the armor just be reduced to 0 and the attacker does 10k damage?

I couldn't find any answer for that yet. I got an answer from Bulldog 1205, who thinks it should not be reduced below 0, at least he hasn't seen/encountered that yet.
Post edited by rsy17 on

Replies

• rsy17
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
  • Options
    I think that like protection, it now cant be taken below 0
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    My thinking is it will not go below 0. There is no way it would increase your damage output, or you could just stack up armor shred for huge hits.
  • Options
    hey crzydroid, thanks for the answer. yes that's what somebody else told me too, so I assume this at the moment when doing some calculations :)
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I think Crit Avoidance and Accuracy are the only stats that can go negative.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I think Crit Avoidance and Accuracy are the only stats that can go negative.

Well, I think that almost all stats can go negative, but I should say I don't think armor can go *functionally* negative, in that it won't subtract less than 0 from incoming damage. I think armor CAN go negative in the sense that if someone stacked Armor Up or unique ability stacking armor on top of a bunch of armor shreds, you could still end up with no armor. I just don't think negative armor would actually *increase* damage beyond what the attacking character's calculations were. Though it's just a guess but I don't think I've seen any evidence of it. A raid would be the place to test.