New Account-Mothma?

I started a new account and have been mulling over Phoenix or separatists and noticed Mon Mothma on hard node 5 might not be too much of a stretch to reach early on. Could a Mothma lead team do well in arena? If so what would be my other targets for arena and shops?

Replies

• AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    As good as Mothma is, personally I'd still go early on Pheonix. Thrawn is pretty much essential as is Palpatine. Phoenix give you an early squad arena team with loads of synergy and a couple of ships for Ships Arena.
    Post edited by AlexanderG on
  • Options
    Oh, and should help you get through GW early on too.

BTW. I wouldn't take Pheonix past gear 8 other than Ezra but this does make getting Thrawn at 7* a total RNG-fest.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    I'd definitely think she's a good farm, but yeah Phoenix early.
  • Options
    Mothma is overrated and straight up murdered by meta teams.
  • Options
    But early game could well be a decent option @Straegen and if you farm resistance fighters you get a bunch towards ships.. wedge, Biggs, cassian, k2so.. scoundrels for credit heist etc etc.. if I was starting out I’d give her some thought, esp if I was in a new new arena shard..
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Straegen wrote: »
    Mothma is overrated and straight up murdered by meta teams.

Uh, yeah - I mean most teams are murdered by the new meta?

But I was using a 4* MM team with under geared Rebel Fighters (G8-9) and deleting G12 teams
  • AlienOverlord
    213 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    She seems like she'd be good against the teams I'll be facing early in arena. I went Pboenix on my last account and did well and it'd be an easier farm now but I've been thinking I want to try something different.
    I could also use the team to get EP and in the far future, JKL and JML, So the gear wouldn't be wasted. Although, I wonder at what point I'd need to transition to a new team. If after lvl 85, should give me lots of time to farm.
    The problem I had with Phoenix was the transition to the next team, but that was before the EP and Vader reworks.
  • Options
    Now more than ever you have the opportunity to choose a non-traditional path. I hate to say it but the #1 reason a player is pigeonholed to pursue that path is DS Geo TB. It won't take long for you to be beyond DS Hoth, but LS Geo is so difficult you will be in a guild focusing on DS Geo TB for most of its currency for quite a while. You are going to want Thrawn for that.