Level 80 Update - Additional ingredients for gear crafting recipes

@EA_Jesse :
First, thx for the today news about that update and sorry for my english (it's not my native language).

I really was relaxed about that update, knowing it would need a lot of time (and money) to get all the items I need for maxing gear 8 and then gear 9-11.

We all know the discussions about the droprates for the hairdryers and other items. To increase the ingredients for some of them makes me really furious. For example the Mk 5 A. Droidcaller which needs 94 items instead of 44. That means 250 additional energy at a 20% droprate. That means an extra day only for ONE additional item by using nearly the complete free energy (yes, I know, 375 in summary with bonus energy)!!!

I spent a lot of money for that great game and it was okay. And I use 5 refreshs usually all days for 600 additional energy. What means I will need a complete day for 4 extra items. No energy for farming shards or other items counted...
And a droprate of 20% is very optimistic displayed. If it is like hairdryers we all know ist will need at least 3 days for f2p's.

EA, that will kill all fun if your clients don't see any progress in the game. You really should think over!

Regards, bluecouch(ing)

(p.s.: didn't find another discussion about that so I started a new one. If it already excists pls move my input there)
Blue It's a trap - German guild - It's a trap Black

Replies

• Options
    This update reminds me of Fenway Sports Group and the 77th minute walkout a Anfield. Vitriol ordered, packaged, sent and recieved.
  • wikking4u
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

We all know the discussions about the droprates for the hairdryers and other items. To increase the ingredients for some of them makes me really furious. For example the Mk 5 A. Droidcaller which needs 94 items instead of 44. That means 250 additional energy at a 20% droprate. That means an extra day only for ONE additional item by using nearly the complete free energy (yes, I know, 375 in summary with bonus energy)!!!

May I tell you that it doesn't take 250 energy at 20% drop rate but 250 battles, which are at least 2500 energy ;)
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    wikking4u wrote: »

May I tell you that it doesn't take 250 energy at 20% drop rate but 250 battles, which are at least 2500 energy ;)

And the new items we will find in battles which will costs 12 energy.

Drake23, Its a trap
  • Kosar
    84 posts Member
    Options
    It seems most likely that they know once people are maxed, the biggest expenditure is on farming gear pieces. It's capitalist economics, unfortunately. Realistically I'd say they don't have a hook for how to get more cash spending besides this gear farm, which is disheartening to say the least. If you look at a game like Terra Battle, just as an example even tho it's over a year old, they have a regular cash influx by constantly rotating limited events for 5-21 days at a time, with some overlap by running multiple specials at a time...But there are always special events running. Until Galaxy figures out how to do this instead, the only thing we have is a gear grind. Granted after 4 months, I do believe we should have at least 2 constant rotating limited special events here... I wouldn't have expected more... But the fact we barely have 1 in Yoda (and not even repeatable) and then we get hit with these gear increases is, like I said, disheartening.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I'm getting tired of wasting entire energy refreshes and only getting 1 or 2 pieces of gear out of 50+ needed, then having no energy left to do anything else. There's just no end to it.

• Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    I'm getting tired of wasting entire energy refreshes and only getting 1 or 2 pieces of gear out of 50+ needed, then having no energy left to do anything else. There's just no end to it.

What else are you doing with your energy except farming? :-O
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Drake23 wrote: »

The light and dark side battles. I'll probably put farming on hold just to finish those.
  • Bluecouching
    77 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    wikking4u wrote: »

Hell, yes. Back to school for math
    That doesn't make it better... :/
    Blue It's a trap - German guild - It's a trap Black
  • Options
    Drake23 wrote: »

How about having real fun facing brutal imperial troops, Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine himself on LS 7D hard while farming purple gear and Luke Skywalker shards with fully synergized Jedi squads instead of simming nodes we can't be bothered to manually play again?
  • Options
    Please someone tell me what's EAs freaking reason to kick everybody's teeth with brilliant ideas