Expensive Bundles?!

I'm a level 25 player, and I frequently get pop-ups about bundles with heroes and credits. So, I checked them out in the store finally, and they are ridiculously priced! Do people really pay $25, $40, $50, and $100 for some small, minor things in a F2P game?! Personally, I would have considered spending $5 or even $10 if I could get the characters I want, but no more than that. Marvel's Future Fight had daily bonus I used to purchase, and specific characters I purchased. But this pricing will only prevent them from getting my money. Why not price each character at $5, which would tempt people much more. How many kids in their teens and under will be allowed to buy $100 bundles, huh?!?

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, people buy them, even if you (and I) do not. If no one ever bought them, they wouldn't keep showing up. There are people that have literally spent $1000+ on this game. We call them "whales" - and we thank them for funding a game we like to play. Play nice.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yes, people buy them, even if you (and I) do not. If no one ever bought them, they wouldn't keep showing up. There are people that have literally spent $1000+ on this game. We call them "whales" - and we thank them for funding a game we like to play. Play nice.

I'd rather the whales not buy thousands of dollars worth of stuff. That keeps prices high, keeps F2P tactics reigning supreme, and keeps this game more of a timer/energy/grind. I'm of the mindset that the F2P Star Wars games are the worst. Take this one, make it premium, add chapters with stories in IAP instead of throw-away materials, and then I'd love it. The turn-based battles are fun and would be great in a premium game. I'm just saying that, like other F2P games, if there were low-priced IAPs, more people would pay to play.

And I can't imagine spending thousands on something that probably won't exist in another year or two. So weird.
  • Options
    I would think a character pack with a low price will sell way more and will result in more profit.
  • Options
    I'm a level 25 player, and I frequently get pop-ups about bundles with heroes and credits. So, I checked them out in the store finally, and they are ridiculously priced! Do people really pay $25, $40, $50, and $100 for some small, minor things in a F2P game?! Personally, I would have considered spending $5 or even $10 if I could get the characters I want, but no more than that. Marvel's Future Fight had daily bonus I used to purchase, and specific characters I purchased. But this pricing will only prevent them from getting my money. Why not price each character at $5, which would tempt people much more. How many kids in their teens and under will be allowed to buy $100 bundles, huh?!?

I'd say first of all don't underestimate the power of the force. And by that I mean the power of the star wars franchise. People will and do pay money. I never thought I'd shell out on character packs but I have and those offers are time sensitive and you may regret it later but buying is a personal preference. But it's basic economy 101. If they sold every character for £5 a pop and theres about 75 toons your looking at a max revenue per full compliment of £375. On top of this a lot more people would have every character. Now if you sell some (1-3)characters for £45 that will take 1-2 months to farm people will buy them and all of a sudden you have stacks more revenue as people will offset the time it will take them to get the character. The game model has to make money for continued support and this is how they do it.

The good thing about this game is you can still do pretty well being free to play so don't feel you have to buy them but it may depend on how much you love star wars or how badly you want that 5th member of your team you've been trying to get for weeks
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well said curtneedsaride. Unfortunately, the urges are to high for the whales, thinking they'll be someone someday without realizing they're mere farmers that's being farmed within a farm call Holofarm.