Will they return my zeta mats on Moff Gideon?

Prev1
Sayonara15
21 posts Member
edited December 2020
I added a zeta for Moff gideon’s leadership, but since they worded it wrong I’d like to be refunded the zeta mats, how do I contact them and is there a good chance they will put it through?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Sayonara15 wrote: »
    I added a zeta for Moff gideon’s leadership, but since they worded it wrong I’d like to be refunded the zeta mats, how do I contact them and is there a good chance they will put it through?

No refund is going to happen to you specifically

However, they have done refunds of abilities before (for example when they changed the rebel path finder basic), don't remember if they did with Hux tho

If they get to do a refund, you'll get it automatically, no matter if you wanted or not the refund, you'll get the materials back and you'll decide if put them again on him or not
    BUT, only if they decide to do it for everyone

I don't think they'll refund anything for a specific case
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »

However, they have done refunds of abilities before (for example when they changed the rebel path finder basic), don't remember if they did with Hux tho

If they get to do a refund, you'll get it automatically, no matter if you wanted or not the refund, you'll get the materials back and you'll decide if put them again on him or not

Thanks for the answer, hope they do cos it kind of changes everything, I have no tank and only deathtrooper as an attacker
  • Options
    Hopefully yes. I genuinely want my zeta back and the gp decreased for a leadership I won't be using in this new framing.
  • Options

Where is it worded wrong/ expanded on?
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Where is it worded wrong/ expanded on?

Between the part of "If all allies are" and "imperial troopers" there should be an "also"

Correct wording should be "If all allies are also imperial troopers"

That specific wording implies that you either run a exact composition the leadership asks you, while also being imperial troopers, or you are not getting the benefits of the leadership AT ALL
  • Options
    Can anyone link the post where it says there was a mistake? I haven’t seen it and a bit curious...
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Can anyone link the post where it says there was a mistake? I haven’t seen it and a bit curious...

Here you go https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2199353/#Comment_2199353
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    For further clarification, the "also" goes between "allies are" and "Imperial Troopers:"

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2199353/#Comment_2199353
  • Options
    LOL, yeah that's a pretty substantial wording. I did the event battles with Bossk Vader Thrawn EP and some other DS toon thinking they fulfilled it.
  • Options
    Yeah I'd also like a refund of that zeta. I looked at it and it seemed valuable until they changed the wording.
  • Options
    They've admitted they dropped the ball on the wording. They should refund all Moff Gideon leadership zetas, fix the in-game text and then let people decide whether or not they want to re-apply the zeta.

Full disclosure - I haven't applied the zeta, so don't have a dog in the fight. I am merely commenting based on what the right thing to do is, because integrity matters.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Do y'all 'member Hux and how he used to work with any team in preventing TM gain? Petridge Farm 'members. I also remember excitedly buying the pack to get him to 4*, taking him to G12 (another bug/unintended feature) at 4*, putting his zeta on him... and then he got hit with the nerf bat and only worked with a full FO squad. (which I did not have, as I went the Rey route) Never was refunded any of the play store purchase, gear, nor zeta. Prepare for the same treatment with Moff Gideon. I'm not whining, any investment in this game is 'subject to change,' so buyer beware but don't be salty if you don't get your investments back - this has a nearly identical precedent.

pepperidge-farm-remembers-608.png
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • Options
    Do y'all 'member Hux and how he used to work with any team in preventing TM gain? Pentridge Farm 'members. I also remember excitedly buying the pack to get him to 4*, taking him to G12 (another bug/unintended feature) at 4*, putting his zeta on him... and then he got hit with the nerf bat and only worked with a full FO squad. (which I did not have, as I went the Rey route) Never was refunded any of the play store purchase, gear, nor zeta. Prepare for the same treatment with Moff Gideon. I'm not whining, any investment in this game is 'subject to change,' so buyer beware but don't be salty if you don't get your investments back - this has a nearly identical precedent.

pepperidge-farm-remembers-608.png

This is different. They didn't nerf his leader -- they miswrote it, so it means something totally different. It was a mistake on CG's part, not a nerf. So people should have their lead zeta refunded. btw I don't have the lead zeta.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    This is different. They didn't nerf his leader -- they miswrote it, so it means something totally different. It was a mistake on CG's part, not a nerf. So people should have their lead zeta refunded. btw I don't have the lead zeta.

So... exactly the same situation, when a poorly written description made an ability appear to function universally in contrast to only within the characters' own factions as it does in game/the coding?

• Options

So... exactly the same situation, when a poorly written description made an ability appear to function universally in contrast to only within the characters' own factions as it does in game/the coding?

No... One was a nerf to a unique ability. The other was the wording was wrong in-game. They are very different. A nerf is when an ability is changed. Wrong wording is when CG developers have written x but the in-game description shows y but in-game x still occurs. In this case, the x was there was no lead if there weren't 2 attackers, 1 tank, 1 support + Gideon; and y was if all allies are ITs but not the required type (attacker/support/tank), you still got the best part of the leader ability. FYI
  • Options
    They are different scenarios but both should entitle refunds of materials used.
    Those specific cases doesn’t affect me personally but it’s good to know that the company will follow good business ethics in the future when it might affect me.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    LOL, yeah that's a pretty substantial wording. I did the event battles with Bossk Vader Thrawn EP and some other DS toon thinking they fulfilled it.

They do fulfill the first part, and they never fulfilled the second part no matter which wording was used.
    Post edited by Ltswb1 on
  • Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

They do fulfill the first part, and hey never fulfilled the second part no matter which wording was used.

EP and Thrawn are Support; only one attacker
  • Options
    I agree that the zeta should be refund
  • Options
    Cg has altered the deal, pray they do not alter it further
  • Options
    They didnt alter the deal, they just made a mistake with the wording.

That’s not too much of a big deal imo
  • Options
    They didnt alter the deal, they just made a mistake with the wording.

That’s not too much of a big deal imo

It is as much as a deal as putting on that zeta or not, the ask is the same.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    They didnt alter the deal

Pray that they don’t alter the deal any further...

Couldn’t resist..
  • Options
    I'm sure it'll get refunded. Maybe not today or tomorrow, it's a weekend after all, but eventually. It's a pretty big flub to forget the "also" in there.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Huh. I wouldn't have ever thought of trying to do one or the other. My mind immediately went to an all troopers team with those specific roles.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

Thanks for the answer, hope they do cos it kind of changes everything, I have no tank and only deathtrooper as an attacker

Why don't you work on your troopers then? Gideon will work great for them.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Where did they say it is worded wrong?
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Eweff wrote: »
    Where did they say it is worded wrong?

Look several posts up.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2199353/#Comment_2199353

Apparently the original wording could be read as all imperial troopers would get the bonuses of the second part even if they were not the rolls of the first part.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Yeah he will be really good I just don’t have the resources for that at the moment
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Yeah he will be really good I just don’t have the resources for that at the moment

Shore troopers gear is totally insane as well
This discussion has been closed.