Am I the only one that's excited to see the new meta?!?!

I'm personally looking forward to a change. Seeing the same old teams in the top 20 has grown old. Nerfs be dammed I'll happily change gears and freshen things up!

Replies

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not. It took me months to farm my main team and it's not even finished yet. If they become unusable I'll just have to throw in the towel. Hopefully it won't be too drastic of a change.
  • Options
    Humm.... But you don't know what the new meta will be. And as most have stopped paying and they get all of their squad advice on this forum the same problem will occur.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If they released it now then yes. But imagine grinding heroes to 80 over the next 2/3 weeks while spending lots of resources for their gear which is now harder to get and then when the meta actually changes those characters become useless.

With so many characters needing that mk CEC thing at level 73 which will now need an extra 50 purple pieces it would be a bit hard to happily changing characters and gear those too
  • Options
    For people to change their squads they need to be able to level them up and gear them up. Adding hundred more purple components as requirement to get to the next gear will slow down the process to a point where players will need to be very selective about who to gear up. That will translate into fewer toons we can max out and use in our arena squads, so not as much change as we might have hoped for.
    I for one was focusing on my FO toons which will soon be maxed out and I was also excited about my next project which was an Ewok squad but with the upcomming gear requirements the time and ressources needed to gear them up is turning me off.
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    If they released it now then yes. But imagine grinding heroes to 80 over the next 2/3 weeks while spending lots of resources for their gear which is now harder to get and then when the meta actually changes those characters become useless.

With so many characters needing that mk CEC thing at level 73 which will now need an extra 50 purple pieces it would be a bit hard to happily changing characters and gear those too

Exactly my I'm not banking energy and rushing to 80. I'll get there when I get there.
  • Options
    Ripitrox wrote: »
    I'm personally looking forward to a change. Seeing the same old teams in the top 20 has grown old. Nerfs be dammed I'll happily change gears and freshen things up!

I'm game for a change. Most of us have enough toons at decent enough level to always be competitive. You might fall a little in arena but you will be able to climb again.
  • Options
    I believe this is the reason they are holding off on changing damage for speed heroes. They want to see if they level raise and new gear will have an effect (and what that effect is) before they push those changes out.
  • Options
    They've said they'll be adding new stages to the challenges and new gear as well. So one can hope that the gear added is some of the more sought after pieces. Much like they did with the computers a while back!

I'm not so much worried about seeing the same teams yet again so long as there's some new viable players in the mix. Everyone will forever be wanting to min/max which will always result in similar teams at the top. But it will be nice to have to work different strategies