The Matchmaking is still Bad at times.

I will say overall the matchmaking has been a bit better. Most of the time we go up against a guild at our GP or in the ballpark. This time though it couldn’t have been worse. My guild has 6 GL Reys, 5 GL Kylos (1 without ultimate of the 5) 1 GL Luke and 1 GL SEE. Our Guild GP is 245,595,400. The guild we are up against sandbagged the match making. When I 1st looked them up at SWGOH.gg they had 49 players and were almost 50 mil GP higher than us. The site hadn’t updated and later changed to 42 players dropping their GP within range of ours. Their GL list is 20 Reys, 19 Kylos, 9 Luke’s, 3 See’s.
To prevent this from happening can’t you guys include the amount of players each guild has the day or days before at random times to make it harder on guilds to sandbag than just dumping 8-10 players before the matching occurs?
I’ve read the GA matchmaking in comparison matches players on GP and usable squads. Havin a guild with 14 GLs against a guild with 51 is absurd. A straight up battle with a guild within 10-20 mil GP who didn’t sandbag is a fair test in skill. This time we got fed to some loser who can’t hack it within their GP range.

Replies

• Options
    Giran11 wrote: »
    My guild has 6 GL Reys, 5 GL Kylos (1 without ultimate of the 5) 1 GL Luke and 1 GL SEE. Our Guild GP is 245,595,400.
    Havin a guild with 14 GLs against a guild with 51 is absurd.

If you have full guild then it means you have 4.9 average GP per player. I have 4.8. I have one GL for many months and could have two atm if I didn't switched mid-farm after GL Luke was announced. I'm semi-casual player, and the only reason for switching is that I like original trilogy much more than other SW movies. I'm also not a whale.

So, given the fact that the semi-casual player with that average GP could have two GLs at the moment, don't you think that you lost in TW not because your opponent's sandbagging but because your members aren't planning their development good enough? Postponing GL farm for that long time was the choice of your people. If it leads to disadvantage in TW, should it be your problem or your opponent's?
  • Options
    It has nothing to do with the players not building up or farming correctly. It’s the fact that the guild we went up against had a GP of 300 mil before the matchmaking and kicked out 7-8 players just before the join phase ended and dropped their GP into us. 42 players at 245mil GP is going to be enormously stronger than 50 players at 245 Mil GP. It’s hard to complain to much cause we’ve won the previous 5 TWs and have only dropped 2 in a row 1 time. Against the same amount of players/Guild GP within 20 mil either more or less is a fair matchup.

It would be nice if they lump the week of TB with the round of TWs to follow so to speak. Whatever a Guilds GP on the last day of TB is what the guilds GP will be in matchmaking to help prevent sandbagging. Or at matchmaking go back a few days and change the day each time.

The rewards aren’t much different from 1st and 2nd. Any guild can sandbag the system. It just makes for a better level playing field is all to fix it
  • Options
    It has nothing to do with the players not building up or farming correctly.

Then don't raise the point that opponent guild have 51 GL. If you have almost 5M GP per player and don't have 50+ GLs on your own side you can only blame your farming strategies, not matchmaking. You WILL sometimes get unbeatable opponents with that roster, regardless of "sandbagging" or whatever.
    It’s the fact that the guild we went up against had a GP of 300 mil before the matchmaking and kicked out 7-8 players just before the join phase ended and dropped their GP into us.

Do you have hard proof or just guessing?
    42 players at 245mil GP is going to be enormously stronger than 50 players at 245 Mil GP.

"Enormously"? It's false assumption. You don't fight against their entire rosters in TW, only top teams matter. In this situation 42-man guild must use 8 teams per player while 50-man only 6-7 teams per player. And at this GP range it shouldn't be hard to field 6-7 top teams.
  • Options
    You do realize that the matchmaking is according to those who sign in to the TW, not those who's in the guild right?.
    By that there could be a situation where there's 20-30 players with GL in the guld, but only half sign in.
    After calculating the active gp, this is where 2 factors come to play- how a person bhild his/hers rosters (for example- reliced DR is much more usefull than a reliced Teebo and unlocking/leveling/zeta every character without thought will just inflate ones gp) and what is the guild's strategy (for example last TW my guild had 11 GL and our rivals had about 2-6, and we still barely won with the skin of our teeths).

Yes, sandbagging is a real thing, but one could minimize it's effect if he build his rosters wisely and if his guild stratagize wisely
  • Options
    Proof of Sandbagging. Yes. Since SWGOH.gg only updates once a day for me once setup phase starts and I can see who we are playing I check SWGOH.gg. Then I’ve checked at the next reset. The start of TW guilds who sandbag will be 50-60 Million GP higher than us with either 49/50 or 50/50. The next time SWGOH.gg resets they have 40/50 or 42/50 somewhere around there and then their GP is around ours. I can see how many players they had on their roster the day before by doing this. That’s the biggest sign.

Also with the amount of players that sign up doesn’t sound like it’s as big of a factor than the GP between the 2 guilds. We had 45 players sign up for TW and each tile only had 18 Def spots to be filled where usually when 45 or more that sign up we have 21-23 Def spots on a tile to fill. Primarily what I go off of is seeing what their roster was the day before. It will say last updated 16hrs ago as example as soon as we are matched and then the next refresh they are down 8-10 players and their GP falls around ours then.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Proof of Sandbagging. Yes. [...] We had 45 players sign up for TW and each tile only had 18 Def spots to be filled where usually when 45 or more that sign up we have 21-23 Def spots on a tile to fill.

And if you had been matched with different opponents who had signed up with a full guild (50 players) they would have had 23 defensive spots instead of their usual 25 - and maybe they would have come to the forums to complain about your sandbagging and maybe calling you:
    ... some loser who can’t hack it within their GP range.

Sandbagging has many faces and you could argue that signing up with 45 members instead of 50 is sandbagging as well.