Safest Toon to Take to 80 First

So with the update set to go off today and the level cap going to 80 I have a question. Meta change won't occur for 2 more weeks is the way I understand it, so.....

Which toon is the safest to invest taking to 80 first?

Replies

• Options
    I'm going with QGJ, Dooku, Rey, RG firsT for arena. Also Barriss and JC for yoda, maybe?
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No safe options (anything is on the table), but I'm probably going to take some healers first because they're so invaluable in GW and may become more useful in Arena. Probably Luminara or Barriss although I'm tempted to take Daka first since she's so useful in Arena (although her heal is poor).
    I'm going with QGJ, Dooku, Rey, RG firsT for arena. Also Barriss and JC for yoda, maybe?

All of those Arena choices are perfect for today's meta, but I think the OP was wondering about the lvl 80 meta. I think, of those, RG would be "safest" until we know how the rebalancing will be done.
  • Options
    I would really like to think that the more iconic characters would stay strong after the meta shift. But I probably shouldn't put too much stock in that
  • Options
    Assisters should be safe
  • Options
    Sid is probably safe, along with Windu and RG. Your arena team would be awful though
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    sid safe? he was going to be the first i would replace lol, but what do i know

i am Keeping Phasma,Dooku,Qgj not sure on the rest
  • Options
    Since we have no idea what's going to happen, current meta characters are the best choice since we can stay strong in the arena for a few weeks before the major rebalancing. I'd like to earn some more crystals before that
  • Options
    Yeah i am currently farming Savage and Magma XD
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Don't start out by leveling the fastest toons. Wet don't know how big of a hit they will take, damage wise. We do know that the slower toons will at least not be nerfed.

RG would be prudent to level up. I'm going to guess that Ahsoka, Fives, Daka, Savage, Kylo, Phasma, FOTP, Barriss and Luminara are all very safe too.

I'm less convinced about the usefulness of droids after the update. Also, very speedy toons like Dooku, Sid and Yoda.
  • Options
    No idea. :/
  • Options
    RG will be safe IMO. thats about it.....
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody imo. Safest is to rely on kind whales to tell us lol.
  • Options
    CUP ........ He can't get any worse, right?

No one knows for sure so race to 80 if you want, but don't come here and complain if you make poor decisions

Good luck all
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    86 or RP ... Safest bets
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hard to say, going to focus on GW capable characters first (Barriss etc). Will just have to wait and see how my other characters pan out in arena.
  • Options
    I'd say lumi is definitely the safest bet as a F2P player. I'll also take dooku, QGJ, Rey, GS and possibly JC up at the same time. I have 10 mill credits saved up so I should be fine, plus, I'll get more over the time it takes to level up.
  • Options
    My plan is RG, Barriss, GS, Dooku, Daka, Rey, Lumi, QGJ, Sid, RP
    Somewhat in order of priority
    This should cover both Arena and GW
  • Options
    I love how they give us CUP and also useless Jedi Guardian Elf and keep the cool looking Jedi Temple Guardian for themselves (for the AI teams)....but don't get me started.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Options
    BenjiFett wrote: »
    My plan is RG, Barriss, GS, Dooku, Daka, Rey, Lumi, QGJ, Sid, RP
    Somewhat in order of priority
    This should cover both Arena and GW

That being said, no one is safe... :#
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Safe toons in my opinion:

RG - Tank that auto-taunts. I dont care what level you are, that's always a good thing.

ST Han - if fortitude becomes a thing and they increase damage of slower characters: Han will deal more damage (highest damage of the tanks atm) and he will become a turn meter nightmare the longer he stays alive.

Rey - Theorycrafted to be the highest speed in the game and she hits like a truck. Despite a downgrade in damage for high speed chars (reportedly), she will STILL get 3 attacks on someone.

Luminara - Heals, obvious.

JC - Heal every other turn? Obvious.

Bariss - lets keep rolling the obvious

GS - people say he will fall off when gear levels equal out. I disagree. He already hits like a truck and he will get assists EVERY turn with turn meter gains on crit. Pft, I am bringing him all the way.

Speculations:
    The others I am unsure about. Dooku is supposedly going to drop off in hp/speed, but he is anti-jedi so I think he might be a must have for any future jedi meta.

Sid - low hp already, but he heals every death. Good for GW I think, but hard sell for 80. Also anti-jedi so that keeps him on the board

Phasma - And lo, god opened the heavens and saw a sea of helmets. She might be good, but they are changing her kit for more FO synergy. Not sure how she will do with non FO teams.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »

GS - people say he will fall off when gear levels equal out. I disagree. He already hits like a truck and he will get assists EVERY turn with turn meter gains on crit. Pft, I am bringing him all the way.

They already replaced this with +15% damage. It was ridiculous for sure as it was.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Toukai wrote: »

They already replaced this with +15% damage. It was ridiculous for sure as it was.

@Alexone Bah, I didnt hear that. Well, either way, he is still going to wreck face. The +15% damage isnt anything to scoff at either.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    DrewN76 wrote: »
    86 or RP ... Safest bets

I was wondering about RP. For a glass cannon, she gets a decent HP boost and a small speed boost (still very slow, but that may mean she keeps her DPS with the rebalancing, and the TM unique works well with assisters/Dooku). And she seems to get a huge damage boost in the expected gear. I'm wondering if Rey will be the inferior glass cannon at lvl 80.

• Options
    Have you seen Rey's speed at level 80 and 90? She'll be the best glass canon if anything.
  • Options
    Have you seen Rey's speed at level 80 and 90? She'll be the best glass canon if anything.

We have no idea whether the rebalancing changes will reduce Rey's effectiveness. If she goes first, but only tickles, she won't be as useful.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I highly doubt that they'll nerf speed attackers that much in terms of damage, and make them hit like a wet noodle. They're attackers, not tanks, not supports, not healers, so will always have an edge in the damage department, otherwise they become completely useless. Fortitude may be enough to stop characters being killed of in the first turn, which IMO, is the best way to deal with this, instead of rendering the likes of Rey and QGJ useless.