when are the extra shards of IG11 and Kuiil available?

Prev1345
for example double drops start at my reset the day before the announcement.
15th dec. here, but had my reset „counting“ for 16th dec.

for now no information. will the shards be available tomorrow?

Replies

• Options
    I guess we get a new update around reset, isn’t that how it usually goes?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We do have information, they will be available tomorrow (the 16th Dev local day/time in Cali, as always)
    Three of those required characters are already farmable, but Kuiil and IG-11 haven’t reached farmable status on the Holotables yet. Lets quickly walk through how they will be unlocked because it’s a bit different than normal. First, both Kuiil and IG-11 will be available as Additive Drops on all Cantina nodes from December 16th through January 6th. Kuiil & IG-11 will then move to Hard Nodes right as the Additive Drops on Cantina nodes end on Jan 6th.
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    I guess we get a new update around reset, isn’t that how it usually goes?

This is the usual way, it all rolls out after the update.
  • Options
    👍
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This is the usual way, it all rolls out after the update.

Uhhh. Shouldn't it be "This is the way?" I don't recall Mando saying "usual."

:D
  • Options
    Hmm, normally these types of updates come around this time of day, 00:15 in my time zone. But nothing yet... can't wait! :D
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Hmm, normally these types of updates come around this time of day, 00:15 in my time zone. But nothing yet... can't wait! :D

it's tomorrow
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    It's been the 16th for an hour already. I saved my Cantina energy specifically. Seems I might have to spend some and go to sleep instead.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Options
    It's been the 16th for an hour already. I saved my Cantina energy specifically. Seems I might have to spend some and go to sleep instead.

I thought it was the 16th too but nothing happened
    So i used all energy and refreshes as I figured I got the wrong date.
  • Options
    Well this sucks. 16th here for 10,5 hours already. Thought the game would be updated 3 hours ago and Id get to use my energy. Lame.
  • Options
    Agreed. This type of stuff normally kicks in at local time. Noon-39 here in Japan and still nothing.

Glad I forgot to stock up on the 15th!
  • Options
    It's december 16th, it's nearly 6AM and nothing
  • Options
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    Agreed. This type of stuff normally kicks in at local time. Noon-39 here in Japan and still nothing.

Glad I forgot to stock up on the 15th!

Lucky you. I stocked up onthe 15th and just sitting here with allthat energy now. Also in Japan :p
  • Options
    It happens AFTER the update at the usual time on the 16th
    That means near end of day today
  • Options

Well updates in my time zone usually are at around 00:15....so 7 1/2 hours ago.
  • Options

That’s not how it’s supposed to work. This is the same class as double drops and double drops begin in the respective time zones. Perhaps they should’ve specified if it was different then.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

That’s not how it’s supposed to work. This is the same class as double drops and double drops begin in the respective time zones. Perhaps they should’ve specified if it was different then.

Agreed they should have given not only the date, but also expected time of the update. I'm sitting on 500 cantina energy now and in worst case will miss the free energy filling of a whole day now.
  • Options
    Sadly, the devs have form for this sort of thing....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/230340/time-zone-issue-again

After 5 years and almost as many Community Managers, you’d think they’d be better at this by now.
  • Options
    Sadly, the devs have form for this sort of thing....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/230340/time-zone-issue-again

After 5 years and almost as many Community Managers, you’d think they’d be better at this by now.

Ha, that’s like expecting the ground to not get wet when it rains.
  • Options
    Be nice if they were more specific, I mean when they do double drops normally it starts that morning not that night!
  • Options
    I'm hoping it runs to the Event timetable, and so starts in a few minutes... otherwise I feel like it'll be another 12 hours or so.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Options
    Didnt hit when the event tables reset. Guess were stuck with all that energy till tomorrow.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    c0ka9rx6dmxm.jpeg
    Looks like none of you bothered to read the SWGOH events write up of the GWR podcast. I was sure I saw it say after update somewhere so was confused reading all the comments in this thread. Also before people say “they should have made a post themselves” they made a post telling us where to find the details, if people didn’t bother or want to check then that’s not on them
  • Options
    There's the Beskar Mando update tomorrow, when that drops it'll go live
  • Options
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    There's the Beskar Mando update tomorrow, when that drops it'll go live

Didn’t they say it was happening today?
  • Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    c0ka9rx6dmxm.jpeg
    Looks like none of you bothered to read the SWGOH events write up of the GWR podcast. I was sure I saw it say after update somewhere so was confused reading all the comments in this thread. Also before people say “they should have made a post themselves” they made a post telling us where to find the details, if people didn’t bother or want to check then that’s not on them

Well they did make posts here, and failed to be specific in THEIR posts. Sorry, people shouldn’t have to go to third party sources to get the specific details when it’s literally their jobs to communicate with us on their official forum.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    c0ka9rx6dmxm.jpeg

Well they did make posts here, and failed to be specific in THEIR posts. Sorry, people shouldn’t have to go to third party sources to get the specific details when it’s literally their jobs to communicate with us on their official forum.

They were specific enough to say if you want to find out the details for the event and it’s requirements then check here. Again if you decided not to check that then that’s your problem not theirs. The swgoh events write up by the way takes a good 2-3 minutes to read fully, even less time to skim through for the information you want. It’s not like they hid the information just because they didn’t put it outright on a post directly in the forums, they still made a forum post telling us where to find the information if you don’t follow up on that don’t complain when you don’t know the information lol
  • Ponnek
    41 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    c0ka9rx6dmxm.jpeg

As said above, updates usually happens for me at about 00:15. It's 10:15 at the moment so it's already 10 hours after the normal update time.
    So the question for me is: do I have to wait until the next day 00:15 for the update?
  • Options
    My updates normally go live around 11:15pm my time, it’s currently 09:23am where I am so I’m expecting the update in around 14 hours from now, you should do the same.
  • Options
    c0ka9rx6dmxm.jpeg

I think you're getting something wrong here. Can only speak for myself but I do know that post and it only gives the date, no utc daytime. We already have the 16th here, and like others have posted, expected the update to happen after my recent reset.
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    c0ka9rx6dmxm.jpeg

I think you're getting something wrong here. Can only speak for myself but I do know that post and it only gives the date, no utc daytime. We already have the 16th here, and like others have posted, expected the update to happen after my recent reset.

Nope, pretty sure I’m right this time around. We know there is an update today and the IG and Kuill shards will be available after the update, as shown in the screenshot. CG typically do their updates at 3:15pm their time (California I’m pretty sure). It’s currently 1am there so gotta another 14 hours before the update goes live