GAC Strategy help needed

Hi folks,

I’m in a weird situation where I really appreciate my main teams but can’t really get secondary strong teams. Here’s my profile https://swgoh.gg/p/118919173/

My Padme team is the best I have, i can beat Geos, JKR teams, Bastila teams, GR... but when it comes to GAC, i don’t really know how to combine the other toons. Right now, in 5vs5, i use, for defense:

1. Full geos
2. Bastila, Jolee, Luminara, Old Ben, QGJ
3. Phoenix

For offense, i use

1. Padme, GK, Yoda, Ahsoka and Anakin (my top team)
2. EP, Vader, Maul, Tarkin, Bastila fallen
3. Septs with Nute, Dooku, B2, Asajj, GG.

But i’m not happy at all with the results. What are the changes you would do, and the farming/gearing you would suggest, in order to get me in a better position for GAC?

For context: I just unlocked CLS and a few weeks away from JKR. Can’t beat Tier 7 of Thrawn with my current Phoenix, working on that too.

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Options
    Seems like you're in a good spot right now.
    You do have a high gp for how your roster looks, so I understand how you are having trouble in GAC. Some quick tips:
    • If possible, move Yoda to your Jedi team, and maybe bring them on offense. (However, since Padme is your best team, you might need Yoda with that team in order to beat a strong team your opponent puts on D.) So I would bring those Jedi on offense in case you have an opportunity to put Yoda with Bastila and make a pretty strong offensive team.
    • CLS is a great offensive team in GAC. You can 3-man lots of teams with just CLS, Han, and Chewy. Put an effort into unlocking Chewbacca at least 5*. This is a team that would benefit from some gear.
    • Slap a zeta on Vader's Merciless Massacre. This greatly increases his viability, and if you gear him around the 12-13 range, he can solo a lot of teams, and he's a powerhouse on offense.
    • When you get JKR, focus on gearing that team as high as you can (gear 12-13). Move Yoda to that team permanently. (You can keep him with padme for squad arena though.) You can move R2D2 to Padme's team for GAC.

Hopefully that can help you. Once you get Vader, CLS, and JKR teams up and running, that should help you a lot.
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Also, a guild change might be beneficial. Try and get in a good guild running geo tb, that will help tremendously. Unless you really like this guild, or you know people from real life in it. This is just a suggestion.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Put a zeta on Vader's Merciless Massacre and Jolee's That Looks Pretty Bad. Also level up Moff then put speed mods on him and replace Maul on the Empire team. He is a beast even at low stars.

I would also suggest moving up to a stronger guild. If you are playing daily you can get into a guild that is producing Wat shards and beating HSTR. My old guild Breaking Beskar takes on lower level players, wins most TWs, does HSTR and they are a fun group to hang out with.

Breaking Beskar - https://swgoh.gg/g/70631/breaking-beskar/ or log on to their Discord - http://discord.gg/UCUwxzb. You can message RotorGeorge in-game with ally code 929-772-835 or discord at RotorGeorge#9632 if you have questions or want to join. Tell them I sent you!
  • Options
    Swap that Bastilla team for offense with Nute seps for defense.

Bastilla can be used decisively on offense, especially if you put GMY with her and Jolee against Bossk teams. Lots don't know how to beat zNute seps in early one-game.

Do what they said with Vader. Even G12 a zzz Vader can 1v5 a lot of teams.

Geos should be offense too. They are great counters to NS teams whom you will have difficulty with.

Let your Phoenix team rot once you have Thrawn.

Let Lumi rot.