What power level does a separatist need to be to beat the Amadala event?(Just to unlock)

I have been building my Separatists for the Amadala campaign and I don't want to over invest in them, How much does it typically take to beat the event?

Replies

• Options
    It depends on your squad. Some are better at the event than others.

Can you provide a link to your SWGOH profile? The bare minimum would be a description of the toons you currently have & their current gear levels and zetas.
  • Options
    If you are using geos, i would say about g8/g9?
    And if you're using the ahnald team, then i suppose about g10.
    I'll get my first Gl...after 50 years
  • Options
    It depends on your squad. Some are better at the event than others.

Can you provide a link to your SWGOH profile? The bare minimum would be a description of the toons you currently have & their current gear levels and zetas.

^^^
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Options
    @Ruciferalmighty Any reason why you're not planning on getting your separatists to 7 stars to get a 7 star Padme?
  • Options
    @Old_Ben12345 For now I am just working to unlock the legendary and then I wanted to move on to improve phoenix squad just so I have those three legendaries in my roster.
  • Options
    @Old_Ben12345 For now I am just working to unlock the legendary and then I wanted to move on to improve phoenix squad just so I have those three legendaries in my roster.

@Ruciferalmighty You need to properly invest in teams. Having 3 legendaries at 5* is not as good as 1 developed Padme team at 7*. Farm for Padme 7*, make her team good, then go for 7* Thrawn and Palp, make their team good, then go for something else.
  • Options
    @Oldben_12345 What team does Padme go with?
  • Options
    Fair point, @Ruciferalmighty

If you go with 3 Geos, + Nute + Dooku that's probably the quickest team to get ready. One of them has to be Geonosian Spy. Spy has to be g9, better if it's g10, but you can do it g9 no problem. This is NOT a waste since Spy will also figure into your Fleet Arena plan. Dooku should be your 2nd highest geared toon in that squad.

Also, I didn't realize you're so early in the game. If you don't have a plan for Fleet Arena, now is the time to put one together. Level 44 is the first time you can start farming ships with regular energy, and if you farm the right ships & pilots so that they're ready at level 60, you'll do far better in Fleet Arena than most people who don't even think about ships until after level 60. Good strategy right now will pay you back for years to come.

Lastly, do you have a good guild? Your SWGOH profile doesn't list any guild at all & that worries me a bit. If you shoot Poggle or Cad Bane to 7* using the Galactic War store, you'll be ready to collect Heroic raid rewards. All you need is one 7* toon. If you do that, you're going to have an easy time with the gear you need.

LMK if you want some ideas on how to get ready for fleet and why that's the most important thing you can do between level 44 and level 60 (with the possible exception of joining an all-Heroic guild, but that only takes a minute or two).

• Options
    Kylo-U + TIE Silencer Node in Cantina Level 3 !!!!! Best early investment in a ship IMHO.

Kylo/Silencer, Hera, & Ezra should be the only thing your hitting in the Cantina Battles levels for a good while.

Get them to 5* minimum, 7* preferred.

Then spread out into Geo Soldier & Spy will help with added DS ships.
  • Options
    I go Spy first, Soldier 2nd, then Phoenix.

You just can't do as much damage in Fleet Arena with Phoenix as you can with 3x Geos.
  • Options
    @Mastespeedy Where is geonosian spy farmable? I know he has a Cantina node but is he farmable in a shop? I am in a alliance with my Dad and friend but I think I am going to be leaving it soon because it only has three members.
  • Options
    @Mastespeedy Where is geonosian spy farmable? I know he has a Cantina node but is he farmable in a shop? I am in a alliance with my Dad and friend but I think I am going to be leaving it soon because it only has three members.

He is farmable in the fleet arena store too, but that unlocks at lvl 60, a bit too late
  • Options
    Makes sense, that seems like a solid plan. However, by the time you are level 85 (required for Padme's event) you will likely have your phoenix all done, and will have gone back to finish off your geos. Good luck (:

2 quick tips:
    1. I see you are currently using Poggle's lead. Switch do Count Dooku as the leader of your separatists. His lead is a lot better, plus it puts healing immunity on enemies, which is super helpful around your level, when healers are so powerful.
    2. Take MasterSeedy's advice. He gives good advice 100% of the time.
  • Options
    You just can't do as much damage in Fleet Arena with Phoenix as you can with 3x Geos.
    Phoenix isn't about Fleet, its about his LS team that he wants for Palp/Thrawn.
    Geo's 2nd IMO because you can't get their ships right away till 60 anyway.
  • Options

You guys should ALL go elsewhere, find a guild large enough to do raids & can stay together
  • Options
    He is farmable in the fleet arena store too, but that unlocks at lvl 60, a bit too late

But its a nice compliment to boost farming.
  • Options
    Phoenix isn't about Fleet, its about his LS team that he wants for Palp/Thrawn.

Yes, but it isn't about Palp/Thrawn right now. If you get your Geos ready you can crash through Fleet Arena against people who aren't ready for you. There's time to get Phoenix later. Empire won't come into its own until sometime after level 78. You can't even beat the 7-star version of Thrawn's event until level 72 minimum, and that's with good mods they probably won't have. So as I say, there's time. You can only rush one thing at a time at this level, and rushing Phoenix just doesn't help you much. But there's only one chance to race to the top of Fleet Arena, and that's level 60, and that requires that you've done your prep work before then.

And it doesn't matter that the Geo ships aren't available until level 60 because you can store up the Galactic War tokens & then rush the farm so fast they'll all be 5-star minimum before you even hit level 62. 7-star before level 65. It goes extremely fast if you save up some GW tokens before hand.

Anyway, that's what I would advise. But it's not my account.
  • Options
    @MasterSeedy Should I work on Separatists and then eventually switch to Geonosian later for Wat tambor and fleet arena? Do I just need to get my separatists to 5* to unlock Padme at first? Is she really hard to get and do I need to be level 85 to unlock her? Sorry for all the questions.
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @MasterSeedy Should I work on Separatists and then eventually switch to Geonosian later for Wat tambor and fleet arena? Do I just need to get my separatists to 5* to unlock Padme at first? Is she really hard to get and do I need to be level 85 to unlock her? Sorry for all the questions.

I'm not MasterSeedy, but I can try to help.

1) I'd try for Geos immediately
    If you get your Geos ready you can crash through Fleet Arena against people who aren't ready for you.
    and this GREATLY helps with Crystal income, and is easier than squad arena.

2) Yes. 5* to unlock, 6* for 6*, 7* for 7*. Same for Thrawn, Palp, GMY, C-3PO, Han's Falcon, Chimaera, Chewbacca, R2-D2 and BB-8 :).

3) She will require gear 10/11 if you are not using Geos, and 9/10 with Geos. She requires lvl 85 for unlock. The only ones you can get earlier are Thrawn, Palp, R2, GMY, and Beskar Mando. If you want to see what you need to access the event, go to Journey Guide --> the event you want to check --> 'Prerequisites'
  • Options
    @TheChild_eats_eggs1 Is it hard to get a full geonosian team? Isn't brood alpha unlocked in the cantina node and only the cantina node?
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @TheChild_eats_eggs1 Is it hard to get a full geonosian team? Isn't brood alpha unlocked in the cantina node and only the cantina node?

Well ...

Geo Spy to 7*, then Geo Soldier to 7* (Cantina). This doesn't take too long if you start straight away.
    Poggle to 7* straight away. If you can & are doing daily GW you should have it ASAP. Then, HOARD currency for all out on ships.
    Guild Store -- focus should be Sun Fac straight to 7* with any gear purchases only when in dire need. He appears often so shouldn't take long.
    When you reach lvl 60, if you haven't finished any of the Geonosians, Spy, Soldier and Sun Fac are there to use in addition.

So no, not to long.

As you want to just do unlock first, I'd suggest to take them all to 5*, hoard in GW for ships, then do Zeb after Geo Ships are 5*. Squad Arena and Cantina Store are not needed for Geos, so I'd get Kanan and Chopper farming straight away. In Cantina, instead of Spy 7*, then Soldier 7*, do Spy 7*, then KRU/TIE Silencer 5*, then Hera 5*, then Ezra 7*, then Spy 7*, then Soldier 7*, then Hera 7*.
  • Options
    TheChild is giving you good advice, Rucifer. I'd pay attention.

The only small quibble I'd have has to do with Galactic War currency. I might use it to get one 7-star character before then hoarding all the rest (instead of hoarding everything from right this second). It's hard to know exactly how much time it would take to go up the various levels, so from the mid-40s to level 60 is probably not much more than a month, and it takes 66 days of winning all 12 GW nodes to save enough currency to 7-* all 3 geonosian ships. So hoarding right now isn't bad at all. It's a good plan. But there's also value in starting to collect gear for heroic raids now so it will be available to you as soon as you hit level 72, which is when you start needing it. Having a big gear stockpile can really help. So there's a trade off there. How quickly you can get your first 7-* character from some other source has a lot to do with whether it's worth it here.

So you could take a break for a few days to get 7* on one Galactic War store character (it doesn't matter which, just whichever one is closest to 7* right now so you have the shortest time away from hoarding) and then collect rewards from Herioc raids or you could start hoarding all GW currency right this moment. Either one is a good plan.

Is it hard to get a full geonosian team? Isn't brood alpha unlocked in the cantina node and only the cantina node?

Yep. Brood Alpha is unlocked only through a late-game Cantina Battles node (it's only available once you reach level 83). This doesn't affect your early Geo strategy at all because Brood Alpha does not have a ship.

For early unlocks of a 5-star Padmé the three most important characters are Nute Gunray, Count Dooku, and Geonosian Spy. Nute causes the GR squad to waste their turns undoing his Extortion ability, Dooku grants stealth which prevents counter-attacks as well as inflicting shock which prevents them from healing and buffing, and Spy does all the damage. Other great characters which take a while but still help in this event (since you won't get a 7* Padme until at least level 80) are Grievous, Ventress and B-2 Battle Droid.

If you get your ships into stable shape by level 65, you should be able to have Padme on schedule with no problems as a 5* unlock.

What you may not realize is how much your character level affects the amount of gear you're allowed to put on them. Padme Unlock requires high-gear8 toons, with at least some Omega abilities already in place. This means there is no serious chance of getting Padme until level 76.

So you could focus on Padme right now, but you won't get her earlier than that. If her teams took that long to bring together then it might make sense to start now, but they don't take that long. The 10 levels from 65 to 75 are more than enough. Focussing on ships won't hurt your Padmé quest at all.

This is similarly true for Phoenix and Thrawn or Palpatine: Palpatine's event is hard to estimate in difficulty, but I certainly don't think you can get it done before level 65. And while you may not have your fleet entirely sorted until level 65, you'll be done with farming Spy & Soldier long before then, so you can move on to finishing Hera & Ezra there fairly quickly as well.

Even better, if you don't get your initial 5* unlock of Palp as early as possible, that's fine, since what makes him a serious and deadly foe is found in his Omegas and Zetas, which you can't begin to add to characters until level 76.

So some people might have Palpatine at level 65, but they'll have a very weak version and he will still be very beatable until much later. For you to have Palp at level 72 and Thrawn at the same level because that's when all your Phoenix come together, that's fine.

For those toons there is not a single magic level, save perhaps level 82 when zetas are first available, where having it as soon as possible is important to your overall game progress.

It's good to recognize that those characters are important and to have plans to get them, but what makes them important isn't available until the mid-70s levels at minimum, while what makes ships important comes much sooner.

That's why people are telling to focus on ships now. We agree with your goals and how important they are. We're just trying to get you to see that the game presents different opportunities at different levels, and the opportunity you have now isn't Palp or Thrawn or Padmé. The opportunity you have now is to get a jump start on ships.
  • Options
    Totally agree with MasterSeedy the great’s advice.

I would recommend hoarding 800 currency on GW currency and farming Poughkeepsie with spare. At lvl 55, increase hoard to 1.6k as to get more prepared. You should still get Poggle there by lvl 72 and that should be good 😌.

Good luck and please report back progress on Ships and Padmé. MasterSeedy’s advice on Padmé’s whens are not going to make sense (she opens at lvl 85) but this about being ready.
  • Options
    Whoops, the Padmé event has a level gate? I did not know that. Thanks, @TheChild_eats_eggs1 !
  • Options
    Whoops, the Padmé event has a level gate? I did not know that. Thanks, @TheChild_eats_eggs1 !

Yep. It’s annoying. She and CLS and the Revans deserve not to but ... CG does what CG does.
  • Options

If you get your Geos ready you can crash through Fleet Arena against people who aren't ready for you.

2) Yes. 5* to unlock, 6* for 6*, 7* for 7*. Same for Thrawn, Palp, GMY, C-3PO, Han's Falcon, Chimaera, Chewbacca, R2-D2 and BB-8 :).

3) She will require gear 10/11 if you are not using Geos, and 9/10 with Geos. She requires lvl 85 for unlock. The only ones you can get earlier are Thrawn, Palp, R2, GMY, and Beskar Mando. If you want to see what you need to access the event, go to Journey Guide --> the event you want to check --> 'Prerequisites'

R2 is level 85 as well
  • Options
    I just checked.

R2 does not have a level gate. CLS, however, does.

BB-8 and JTR do require level 85
  • Options
    Snowbird13 wrote: »

R2 is level 85 as well

As MasterSeedy said, R2 has no level gate. R2 was recently changed to lvl 21 gate (when you unlock events).