Thanx! Mando Event is Awesome! congratz

brunobyof
25 posts Member
edited December 2020
Hell Yeah! This made me want to rewatch the 1st season of mandalorian and also the mechanics, the cinematics, the sounds....THAT is some really great improovement.
Btw, give a bonus to the guy which had the idea of implementing the thematic music into the game screens, it gave it a new, fresh vibe and makes us want to play even more.
I wish you guys put more of these in the future, including empire, bountyhunters, jedi or sith music on each major release like this.

That's it. Just wanted to give a nice feedback

Replies

• Options
    It is amazing. I had my kids watching and they were loving it.
  • Options
    100% agree! I did the event with my son watching, we both loved it! Very well done, loved every second of it.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    For once i didnt have to be spoiled the event watching it at Ahnaldt stream as i could finally do it myself day 1 (except last 2 tiers)
  • Options
    Yes! I’ve not completed all of it yet, but it’s very cool so far.
  • Options
    Once again, developers have no idea that the Mandalorian has an official name that has already been pronounced in the series. If they don't know, his name is actually Din Djarin. I'm amazed at their ignorance of the Star Wars universe yet again.
  • Options
    Ferus_Olin wrote: »
    Once again, developers have no idea that the Mandalorian has an official name that has already been pronounced in the series. If they don't know, his name is actually Din Djarin. I'm amazed at their ignorance of the Star Wars universe yet again.
    In the description in the journey guide they say his name.
  • Options

Once again, someone jumps onto the forums to make an uneducated statement about the game without validating the information first. I'm amazed at how quick people are to show their ignorance of basic etiquette.
  • Options
    how quick people are to show their ignorance of basic etiquette.
    This is not a question of etiquette. This does not negate the fact that the hero does not actually have a name in the game, using the faceless wording "Mandalorian". With the same success, they can call absolutely any representative of the Mandalorian people "Mandalorian", and in the explanation indicate that he is, for example, Jango Fett.

• Options
    I agree with Ferus, it is strange, and the mentioning of his name in the description is not the excuse. They could give him a name at least in the new version (with bescar armor)! But they haven't, and the Mandalorian is nameless again. Why?
  • Options
    Not everyone knows his name and therefore its better in terms of getting everyone on board for the character. Also his name wasn't mentioned that often in the show and he is called Mando by the others and not by his real name, which could change and then when we maybe get another Mando character, Din Djarin would be much more fitting for him
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    There will probably be another version using his real name, either JKL-level or straight-up GL. Or even both.
    And yeah, the event is great, from what I had the chance to try. Credit where credit is due.
  • SinisterSandman
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    They're probably trying to avoid spoiling it for those who can't watch it immediately. The Child is still The Child in their information too.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Options
    They call him the mandalorian because that’s what people call him in the show, and it probably makes him more accessible to a wider audience
  • Options
    Narve wrote: »
    I agree with Ferus, it is strange, and the mentioning of his name in the description is not the excuse. They could give him a name at least in the new version (with bescar armor)! But they haven't, and the Mandalorian is nameless again. Why?

6212cwm93h53.jpg

For now, I think this rationale is why. I think we could see Din Djarin as a character in the future, as others have stated.
  • Options
    The event itself is outstanding. Arguably the best event ever put together. Well done by all involved in the event itself. Visually stunning - simply fantastic work all around.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    how quick people are to show their ignorance of basic etiquette.
    This is not a question of etiquette. This does not negate the fact that the hero does not actually have a name in the game, using the faceless wording "Mandalorian". With the same success, they can call absolutely any representative of the Mandalorian people "Mandalorian", and in the explanation indicate that he is, for example, Jango Fett.

Nobody calls him Din. Not in the show, not outside the show. Nobody but pedants and killjoys. We know he has a name--hell, we know Baby Yoda has a name--we don't use it because we don't care. Quit acting like we're deadnaming them by saying Mandalorian or Baby Yoda...

I mean, seriously.... Examine your life decisions if you read someone saying "Hey, thanks, guys, I really liked this event and my kids enjoyed watching it, too! Well done all around," is to bullrush in and shout "WELL ACTUALLY IT SUCKS BECAUSE HIS NAME IS DIN."

Get a life.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I love the Mando event! So entertaining! I think it is well done! Kudos to CG!
  • Options
    Has anyone beaten the entire event? If so, how was the difficult vs. recommended gear etc?
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Has anyone beaten the entire event? If so, how was the difficult vs. recommended gear etc?

It was easy for me. Should be doable with less than recommended gear levels I think.

I had Mando gear 12, IG-11 R7 and the others gear 8
  • Options
    JoryG87 wrote: »
    CrispyFett wrote: »

It was easy for me. Should be doable with less than recommended gear levels I think.

I had Mando gear 12, IG-11 R7 and the others gear 8

Relic 7 IG-11? I should think he’d be able to solo it at that level!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.