In-game chat doesn’t show “upgrade to relic 7” anymore

Prev1
The max is now R8, ok, I know.
But R7 is still a significant goal, especially meeting the requisites for GLs.
Would you please fix?

Replies

• Options
    Does it really matter to you to have your upgrades reflected in the guild chat?
  • Options
    Does it really matter to you to have your upgrades reflected in the guild chat?

For some people yes. This is a collection game. Any kind of achievements is part of the fun.
  • Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Wait till the gls require relic 8, oh wait, that'll be the next batch, relic 8 cup, relic 8 new legendary jar jar binks to unlock GL Kenobi
    Totally relevant to this discussion.
  • Options
    I noticed this as well. Seems intentional to me that now R8 will show the notification in the guild chat.

A shame really as in my guild we usually congratulate one another on R7. This usually creates more conversation on people's GL or roster progress. Sadly we're not close to R8 yet.

It's not a major thing but imo it's a nice prompt to engage within the in-game chat.
  • Options
    The game still announces gear upgrade to gear 9-13, which is a significant lesser achievement than relic 7.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    sloweagle wrote: »
    The game still announces gear upgrade to gear 9-13, which is a significant lesser achievement than relic 7.

Yes. I d rather they remove notification for gear 9 but keep the one for relic 7
    I was just sad when i upgraded my SEE to R7 and not even a notification
    Not gonna R8 anyone anytime soon as my guild cant even beat p1 of the raid
  • Options
    Agreed. We've sorta made a self-notification joke of it in our guild. We'll announce our own R7 and then discuss/joke about CG removing the notification.

I wish they'd add it back since most guilds are pretty far away from completing the new raid.
  • Options
    Really? Dang, I'm getting GAS to 7* and R7 today when the TB is over

Would've looked awesome...
  • Options
    I'm the exact opposite. I don't want anybody to know who I wasted relics on. Or gear, for that matter.

I do think it's funny that gear 9 is a notification though. I guess it's still considered worth bragging about when using up all your stun guns from gear 9-13, but anybody can farm signal data and scrap materials relic 1-7.
  • Options
    I'd be down if they decided to show relic upgrades 5 and up.
  • Options
    Stryde wrote: »
    I'm the exact opposite. I don't want anybody to know who I wasted relics on. Or gear, for that matter.

I do think it's funny that gear 9 is a notification though. I guess it's still considered worth bragging about when using up all your stun guns from gear 9-13, but anybody can farm signal data and scrap materials relic 1-7.

As a guild officer I do want to know if a member is wasting gear on a useless toon.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fun guild.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Sounds like a fun guild.

I said if ;)
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    As a guild officer I do want to know if a member is wasting gear on a useless toon.

I just put a zeta on Pao. Nobody gave me grief.
  • Options
    CG once again forgetting about the little guys, where getting to relic 7 is still a big investment. Relic 8 is impossible for me and will be for a long time.
  • Options

He’s one of the cornerstones of a Mon Mothma Rebel Fighter team, so that’s no longer a joke zeta tbh.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

He’s one of the cornerstones of a Mon Mothma Rebel Fighter team, so that’s no longer a joke zeta tbh.

Maybe they misspelled "Bodhi"
  • Options

A Zeta on Bodhi?!? Another one like that and your out dude.
  • Options
    Could care less.

Though i will say if gear 9 pops.... r5 through 8 should.

That said i put zetas on what i want to.... if its bodhi... its bodhi.... but lets be real, its not bodhi
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Could care less.

That means you do care.

At least a little.
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    More achievements, like R-anything, should be posted in guild chat. It’s nice to cheer people along and encourage each other. But CG just wants to play the subtle mental manipulation game to prod people to spend spend SPEND! Merry Christmas, gimme dat money
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Options
    Better yet, have the ability to turn off achievements. There’s only so many 🌎🥇.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Can we also do that on the forums to avoid reading any try-hard braggadocio? 😜
  • Options

tumblr_phwwkwD4tP1u9qgcf_250.gifv

SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

tumblr_phwwkwD4tP1u9qgcf_250.gifv

RelievedUntidyAmericanwirehair-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    My guild loves seeing the notifications when someone gets to relic 7. No longer having it has caused a drop in moral. For now people are making posts when they reach it. Relic 8 is impossible for us at this time. We want it back. I mean come on we get notified when someone gets to something like gear 7 or something like that. Getting to relic 7 is so much more of an accomplishment.
  • Options
    The problem is how they coded the notifications. They just put a flag on G9-G12 to notify when those were reached. For relic they just coded a flag for whenever a char reaches max. It notified us when we reached R4 back when that was max. Then when increased to R7 the R4 notifications went away and R7 started up. Now that it increased again R7 is gone and R8 is announced.
  • Options
    R8... so hot right now.
  • Options
    It still shows gear level increases from level 9 onwards so that's er, nice? useful? silly? a complete waste of bytes? :D