Negotiator Speed Vs. Finalizer

East_Rengaw
33 posts Member
edited December 2020
I run Finalizer in arena and am fairly consistent vs Negotiator. A few times, however, the Negotiator has gone sooner than expected.

We'll take the starting lineups as an example that occurred recently: 189 Speed Negotiator with Eta-2, Umbaran Starfighter, and Hound's Tooth against my 6* 167 speed Finalizer, Silencer, SF Tie Fighter, and Kylo's shuttle. Finalizer puts Hunted on HT, Silencer stuns Anakin, SF calls silencer to assist against HT to get ability block, then the shuttle gives Silencer a turn and it attacks Anakin, triggering unending loyalty. That way, the ai uses "Republic Protection" instead of "mobilize." The match would be easier with a 7* Finalizer since the offense up would give me enough juice to not have to trigger unending loyalty, but I digress.

I won that match, then proceeded to face the same team comp with lower speeds all around (Negotiator at 188) but max abilities still, and the Negotiator went before my Shuttle. No Valor was given out and the enemy team took no turns before that. I attacked again with the same result. I've looked through the kits and cannot see why that might be, but is there something that I have missed?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7390 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are several sources of tm and speed manipulation in the ships you listed besides valor. Without showing a video, it's hard to know for sure, but it could be several things.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    There are several sources of tm and speed manipulation in the ships you listed besides valor. Without showing a video, it's hard to know for sure, but it could be several things.

I can try to post a video when I get a chance, though I'm not sure it will show much. Since no enemy ships take a turn before the Negotiator, the increased cap ship TM and/or speed would have to be from a unique ability/status. None of the ships involved are able to do that aside from taking a turn with valor that I can see.

The increase is a small one as 189 speed Negotiators usually go just after the Shuttle (and this Nego is 188). In this scenario, the Shuttle goes just after Nego. Are there any ships that can provide a little boost like that while still in reserve? Or are there any situations where the displayed cap ship speed does not reflect actual speed? Thanks!
  • crzydroid
    7390 posts Moderator
    Options

I can try to post a video when I get a chance, though I'm not sure it will show much. Since no enemy ships take a turn before the Negotiator, the increased cap ship TM and/or speed would have to be from a unique ability/status. None of the ships involved are able to do that aside from taking a turn with valor that I can see.

The increase is a small one as 189 speed Negotiators usually go just after the Shuttle (and this Nego is 188). In this scenario, the Shuttle goes just after Nego. Are there any ships that can provide a little boost like that while still in reserve? Or are there any situations where the displayed cap ship speed does not reflect actual speed? Thanks!

But what I mean is, Valor isn't the only thing. In the situations where your shuttle (speed 140 if I found the right swgoh.gg account) goes first it might have been gaining tm from one of its abilities.
  • Options
    But what I mean is, Valor isn't the only thing. In the situations where your shuttle (speed 140 if I found the right swgoh.gg account) goes first it might have been gaining tm from one of its abilities.

You know what, you're completely right! I did not even consider that it was an ability on my team's side, but I believe that the key is FOST's special for the Shuttle. Since no enemy damages an ally, the Shuttle doesn't gain that additional TM and winds up just a bit slower than Nego.

Good call - appreciate the help!