Best way for new players to start

TheChild_eats_eggs1
1459 posts Member
edited December 2020
There are 2 common ways to start this game, Phoenix (how I started), or Geos.

There are a few points to consider:
PHOENIX:
Teams made - Phoenix, Empire, CLS, Ewoks :wink:, BH

Ships: Phantom II, Ghost, some Empire ships, BH ships

JG characters: Palp, Thrawn, R2, CLS, Chewie, C-3PO

GLs that you accidentally started on: SEE, JML, JKL

Level for 1st 7* JG character: ~75

GEOS:
Teams made - Geos, Galactic Republic, Ewoks

Ships: Geo ships, Vulture Droid (in addition)

JG characters: Padme, C-3PO

GLs / GAS / JKL that you accidentally started on: GAS

Level for 1st 7* JG character: 85
My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

Best way for new players to start 10 votes

Geos
20%
Old_Ben12345ReginnFarm 2 votes
Phoenix
40%
Schwartzringel_magoBrad107KhanGoldShord 4 votes
Other
40%
jedikilla84XitarusGifafiFett_Kenobi80 4 votes

Replies

• Options
    Other: Please say
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Other
    phoenix and geos
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    phoenix and geos

Ok, but which first @Gifafi
  • Options
    Other
    I actually started with BH and got my first 7* with Boba Fett at lvl 65!
    I also started wth Ewok Elder for Heals and Revives and my arena team is amazing because of it.
  • Options
    Now that farming characters is literally twice as fast, there's little reason not to go for phoenix first, finishing off the ship geo trio as you unlock fleet arena, AND go for a secondary "power team", such as farming towards JKR/DR, or working on something like FO towards SLKR.

Geos as a team aren't really "good" until 83.
    You want Phoenix before that.
    Palp/Vader/Thrawn/Piett/Gideon is an extremely solid team, that only requires major investment in 1 character.
    Can run Tarkin until Gideon's farmable, or BSF if you're farming for DR.

Grabbing JKA and Ahsoka for Padme isn't that hard, and you can use GMY or Fives until you unlock GK, GMY ends up being basically free to unlock - Ezra/Kanan/JKA/Ahsoka, you then either grab Bastilla or star up Consular/Luminara.
    Padme/JKA/Ahsoka/R2/GMY is fairly good considering it's level of investment.

The only real question is whether or not you farm towards CLS. He has the benefit of being the single cheapest high-A/low-S tier team in the game, but it's still 4 completely useless characters you'd have to farm up, considering what your other teams would be, and thus might be better left until later... especially considering you need a functional 7* BH team for Chewie.

Considering you can get a functional Phoenix team, a functional Geo team, a functional Empire team, and technically a functional Padme team all by level 83/84, AND still have the time to farm for secondary characters like BHs or cheap "power characters" like KRU, THAT is likely the path you should take these days.
    Padme's much more functional without the high-investment characters than CLS is, and due to the exceedingly low gear requirements to unlock him, (especially if you overgear and zeta R2 beforehand) CLS is also pretty easy to rush for when you get closer to actually having his team up and running - Han, Chewie and Chewpio unlocked, at a minimum.

Phoenix first, Empire/core Geo trio second, Padme's team and the other 2 Geos + Bossk/Boba/Jango/HT third. (Boba likely being a store farm once you finish other relevant store farms far earlier than you'd actively farm bossk/jango/HT)
    Gives you a solid fleet (geos work surprisingly well under Akbar, as well), 4 solid teams by 85, and work towards HT for fleet and Bossk/Boba/Jango trio to carry BH events.

And yes, this is entirely feasible, as well. Phoenix is available as a super early farm, and you can then easily move over towards Empire/Geo farms as they hit 7*, and then start working on your Padme chars around 75-80, pretty easily unlocking them by the time you can unlock brood alpha.

Need to be in a pretty good guild for credit income (one that at least does every event minus challenge rancor regularly, so TW/STR level guild.) to make them all usable prior to 85, but yeah. It's doable.

Vader's Merciless and Brood's pre-summon would probably be your first 2 zetas, then decide if you want palp's lead, then max out your padme team.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Other
    Gifafi wrote: »
    phoenix and geos

Ok, but which first @Gifafi

well it kinda depends. If you have strong allies and can get to gba node that sounds best to me, but not sure if that's doable without the phoenix to get thrawn and ep. When I started geos weren't an option but on alt I went phoenix (enough to get thrawn and ep) then geos, mainly for the ships as regular arena was already stacked. Geos then lead to padme but I haven't built her team up that much yet. Geos are also a great early-game gac team that only require one zeta (as opposed to padme or even ep/vader).

I wouldn't build phoenix up any more than you absolutely have to to get thrawn/ep.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I actually started with BH and got my first 7* with Boba Fett at lvl 65!
    I also started wth Ewok Elder for Heals and Revives and my arena team is amazing because of it.

BH get you Chewie and heists, not much more. Ewok Elder is nice early game but needs Ewoks (an ishy faction) to work well. There are other reviving toons, which are better than Elder.
  • Options
    Geos
    I like this idea @TheChild_eats_eggs1 .
    I think if at all possible to get both by level 85, that would be idea. But if I had to choose one, Geos would be best imo. They're just a better first team than Phoenix (yes they're not amazing until you get GBA, but Nute can lead them until then.) and Padme is a better 'second' team than an Empire squad.
    The only real question is whether or not you farm towards CLS.
    I think yes you should. CLS is such a powerful team. Yes you need to farm bounty hunters and ewoks, but both those teams are useful in GAC.

Also @Fett_Kenobi80 I would take Ewok Elder out of your arena team. I don't know what gear your bounty hunters are at, but it would be more beneficial to have a full bounty hunter team. One revive won't change much. If you really need a revive, you'll probably lose that battle anyway. Adding in Greef Karga over Elder will still give you good health and protection recovery, as well as a mass assist. (yes, he's not a double drop farm, but you don't need him at high stars to be viable.)

Cheers
  • Options
    Forget JML for beginners if he is going to aim for any other Legend, there are 50 toons and ships, of these 20 are with relic minimum 3. There are 12 relics for Rey or Supreme Leader Kylo.

Beginner needs an acceptable team to start the galactic war farms and simulate as fast as possible. A scoundrel team next to minimize the problem of credits and training droids.
  • Options
    Phoenix
    I still say starting Phoenix is better.

That said, I wouldn't push them for fleet since you need DS to get Zetas.

To me you should use Phx as your LS team & farm them, but, also have Kylo-U working as you head towards fleet & plan on picking up Geo's at L60 when Fleet opens.

Geo's will shine once you have Alpha open but no reason to farm them crazy before say L50 or maybe even L60-70 outside of the 2 pilots that you get access to from early Cantina.
  • Options
    camper288 wrote: »
    Forget JML for beginners if he is going to aim for any other Legend, there are 50 toons and ships, of these 20 are with relic minimum 3. There are 12 relics for Rey or Supreme Leader Kylo.

Beginner needs an acceptable team to start the galactic war farms and simulate as fast as possible. A scoundrel team next to minimize the problem of credits and training droids.

JML beginner! No no no. I meant JML accidentally was started on, so when you go for him, you’re at a head start
  • Options
    Other
    I like this idea @TheChild_eats_eggs1 .
    I think if at all possible to get both by level 85, that would be idea. But if I had to choose one, Geos would be best imo. They're just a better first team than Phoenix (yes they're not amazing until you get GBA, but Nute can lead them until then.) and Padme is a better 'second' team than an Empire squad.
    The only real question is whether or not you farm towards CLS.
    I think yes you should. CLS is such a powerful team. Yes you need to farm bounty hunters and ewoks, but both those teams are useful in GAC.

Also @Fett_Kenobi80 I would take Ewok Elder out of your arena team. I don't know what gear your bounty hunters are at, but it would be more beneficial to have a full bounty hunter team. One revive won't change much. If you really need a revive, you'll probably lose that battle anyway. Adding in Greef Karga over Elder will still give you good health and protection recovery, as well as a mass assist. (yes, he's not a double drop farm, but you don't need him at high stars to be viable.)

Cheers

Uh, my dengar needs one more piece of gear and I'll add him to my arena team, other than that, I am farming Greef and Mando for BH. so I will finish today and remove Elder, and use him in unlocking C-3PO and my Ewok team as he is gear 8 lvl 72 and all moves nearly maxed out, with good mods. So Yeah! I'll be a full BH team soon.