Malak nerf

Kingly
43 posts Member
edited December 2020
Is malak ever going to get a nerf? Because i struggle so much in the arena unless his armour is weak but otherwise when his relic 7 is almost invincible imo he needs a nerf what do you guys think?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think he is fine. He is a pain, but manageable, even at R7.

What is the team comp on both sides?
  • Kingly
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I am using shaak clones against him I don’t have any revans i am working towards SEE slowly while others using darth revans with malak aswell as padme teams
  • Options
    use jedi knight anakin as the fifth, you need his heal block
  • Options
    So because you struggle against him he should get nerf?
  • Options
    GAS is the Malak killer.
  • Options
    Malak is fine. I have a R5 Malak and there seems to be plenty of teams in Arena and GAC that beat my DRM team, fortunately clones is not one of them.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    avihas wrote: »
    So because you struggle against him he should get nerf?

Welcome to the forums.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    To be fair, the part of his kit that was added to prevent Papa Palpatine express could be removed now.....
  • Options
    Shaak ti clones is not a counter to Malak so you will run into trouble there. He isn’t OP. Once you get GAS and face a Malak you’ll realize just how much easier it is to take him down.
  • Options
    Shaak ti clones is not a counter to Malak so you will run into trouble there. He isn’t OP. Once you get GAS and face a Malak you’ll realize just how much easier it is to take him down.

Or you use Troopers
    Or CLS
    Or Bounty Hunters
    Or any GL
    Or Scoundrels
    Or any character with healing immunity and/or stuns
    Or JKL

Basically, use a spoon to eat your cereal. A fork isn't the answer.
  • Options
    Considering our OP is trying to use Shaak Ti clones against Malak I’m assuming he doesn’t have any of those teams at the gear needed to counter Malak.
  • Options
    Malak is still op for the difficulty in getting him, which I acknowledge is still pretty high - but nowhere near as hard as gas.
    I run padme in arena (r3 padme, r5 gk, R2 C3PO, r7 jka and snips). Jka has offence and potency sets with pot cross. Lands the heal block on malak maybe 35%. At g12, a malak can still eat my whole relic squad if jka goes down or fails to land the heal block when malak lost enough health to be killable
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    Considering our OP is trying to use Shaak Ti clones against Malak I’m assuming he doesn’t have any of those teams at the gear needed to counter Malak.

This is a reason for a game-wide nerf?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kingly
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    use jedi knight anakin as the fifth, you need his heal block

Should i replace him with arc or fives or maybe echo
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Malak is still op for the difficulty in getting him, which I acknowledge is still pretty high - but nowhere near as hard as gas.
    I run padme in arena (r3 padme, r5 gk, R2 C3PO, r7 jka and snips). Jka has offence and potency sets with pot cross. Lands the heal block on malak maybe 35%. At g12, a malak can still eat my whole relic squad if jka goes down or fails to land the heal block when malak lost enough health to be killable

Ummmm, that just means you are not using the right counter. I have a Padme arena team too. Guess what, also like 100 other characters I use. Padme is a soft-counter to a DR Malak team. Not a hard counter. My team is R3 R7 R7 R7 R5 in pictures order. Took the last team. Malak ended up killing all but GMY. SA got him. It happens even with gear and mod parity. Even if you lose JKA though. A relic Ahsoka with courage should be able to 1shot g12 Malak with whirlwind. Her basic should also do significant damage if she is modded right. rb57mgxrwovj.jpg
    mq2a06owoynq.jpg
    yfn49zodwm8u.jpg
    2hxaobimta8b.jpg
    72vja1mmlk4t.jpg
  • Options
    Use GMY as 5th modded for speed. Tenacity Up and Foresight are lifesavers against Sith Empire. Mod Padme for speed as well. Make sure GK has at least one protection primary mod (helps survive Malak's drain).
  • Options
    Use GMY as 5th modded for speed. Tenacity Up and Foresight are lifesavers against Sith Empire. Mod Padme for speed as well. Make sure GK has at least one protection primary mod (helps survive Malak's drain).

Doesn't foresight get removed by DR's unique before/at each SE character's turn?
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    A relic Ahsoka with courage should be able to 1shot g12 Malak with whirlwind.

Courage is doing nothing to Malak. And it's 'Protective Maneuver'.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    I can beat malak with my shaak clones. It isn't pretty, and doesn't always work though
  • Black_Libra
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Kingly wrote: »
    I am using shaak clones against him I don’t have any revans i am working towards SEE slowly while others using darth revans with malak aswell as padme teams

As a Shaak Clone arena main, did you mod your Fives for offense and speed? My team is a lousy G12 zzShaak and Arc, R4 zRex and R7 zFives and zEcho, but once the sacrifice is triggered they'd run circles over R7 Malak, even after getting fear. You need to trigger Malak's 2x absorb health (which should trigger Fives), and start blasting. But take note that this is a 50-50 RNG, it doesn't always work but it certainly could.
  • Options
    Kingly wrote: »

As a Shaak Clone arena main, did you mod your Fives for offense and speed? My team is a lousy G12 zzShaak and Arc, R4 zRex and R7 zFives and zEcho, but once the sacrifice is triggered they'd run circles over R7 Malak, even after getting fear. You need to trigger Malak's 2x absorb health (which should trigger Fives), and start blasting. But take note that this is a 50-50 RNG, it doesn't always work but it certainly could.

My fives is modded with offence and defence