Galactic Challenge Schedule seems odd

How come Scoundrel are cropping up three times as the Player faction before the end of January but factions like Resistance and First Order aren't cropping up at all?

It seems odd and also unfair. It hurts players who have invested in Resistance and First Order as their primary factions.

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Work on your scoundrels
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Work on your scoundrels

I have several reliced scoundrels, thanks. But this isn't just about me.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    Work on your scoundrels

That post is relevant to anyone that have invested in resistance or first order as primary factions :smile:
  • Options
    Work on your scoundrels

That post is relevant to anyone that have invested in resistance or first order as primary factions :smile:

But it's not a helpful post, is it? It's a snide comment about "I'm OK because I'm a better player, yah boo sucks". It doesn't address the situation, it doesn't respond to the points raised, it doesn't help.
    It's just designed to belittle others.

But this is not about other players having weak Scoundrel collections, it's about the Galactic Challenge Schedule repeating some factions and ignoring others. Why not talk about that rather than try to turn this into an ego boost?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    How is it belittling?

We just had Resistance & FO this week, so repeating them again would just double your complaint about same factions being repeated over and over again

If your post is going to complain about one faction being repeated, the obvious solution is to gear up that faction, its not an ego boost, its a solution post

The GC schedule pretty much covers 10 factions in the following month. Requiring 12 different factions would mean less players have chances of getting max rewards because that would be stretching everyone too thin

Having the same faction repeated each month more than the others means that if you made the right investments, this month works in your favor

Repeating one faction over others is fine, it helps players from not having 10+ factions each month, it shortens the needed factions needed for max rewards each month to < 10 factions

It comes across as an ego boost only if you see it that way
  • Options
    hey don't worry about it. unless you have beskar mando you can't get the top box of rewards for any scoundrel GCs. So someone's top scoundrels will do worse than someone with meh scoundrels but who has bought Beskar Mando.
  • Options
    How come Scoundrel are cropping up three times as the Player faction before the end of January but factions like Resistance and First Order aren't cropping up at all?

It seems odd and also unfair. It hurts players who have invested in Resistance and First Order as their primary factions.

Well, they just did resistance and now FO - and you know what? That hurts those of us who don't haven't invested in those squads. Especially under the new loot box system. I guess i'm screwed both ways as I have a couple scoundrels up there, but not nearly 5.

I guess I should be asking more more Sith Empire or Jedi...
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    The only thing really strange is how BAM (beskar armor Mando), is ham-fisted into the mix.

Scoundrels and especially bounty hunters seems to be the resource earning factions. Galactic challenges seem more scoundrel, especially to allow for light side. Whereas other, older events seem more dark, bounty hunter. Maybe it’s me, but if they could do it over so there was a better way of dichotomizing them, they would have to make it more obvious. Currently too much overlap

Other factions are added to allow some wiggle room
  • Options
    Okay, let's look at it like this ...
    What if the next schedule has 4 instances of Resistance and 0 instances of Sith?
    Would "work on your Resistance" address the full situation?

What if the schedule after that has 4 instances of First Order and 0 of Rebel?
    Would "work on your First Order" address the full situation?

My concern is not just about the lack of Resistance and First Order and the ubiquitous presence of Scoundrels in this specific instance. It's about giving far more rewards to players with strong particular factions in any instance. Again, this is not just about me and my collection. This is about being fair to everyone. And if the current schedule becomes the norm, it's not fair.

So just dismissing it as "work on your scoundrels" and ignoring the underlying problem? Yes, that's dismissive. Because it's "I'm alright right now so why should care?" Well you may care next time when it's majority Tuskens but hey, work on your Tuskens, right?
  • Options
    Its not fair at all. Anyone with only one strong faction basically needs to hope for that faction to come up to have even a chance at getting top rewards here. If that faction happens to also coincide with a mando feat then youre screwed.
  • Options
    Relic tuskens as primary investment never gets to shine.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    What if the next schedule has 4 instances of Resistance and 0 instances of Sith?

My concern is not just about the lack of Resistance and First Order and the ubiquitous presence of Scoundrels in this specific instance. It's about giving far more rewards to players with strong particular factions in any instance. Again, this is not just about me and my collection. This is about being fair to everyone. And if the current schedule becomes the norm, it's not fair.

So just dismissing it as "work on your scoundrels" and ignoring the underlying problem? Yes, that's dismissive. Because it's "I'm alright right now so why should care?" Well you may care next time when it's majority Tuskens but hey, work on your Tuskens, right?

Correct.

They will move around factions and we will see themes. Right now we are seeing a push from the Mando show, that means having more scoundrel events.

I'm sure they will use this to help push and promote many factions over time. They will likely not push well developed factions as often or as hard.

So again, yes, if you want rewards from an event that pulls from different factions, work on the factions needed.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Correct.

They will move around factions and we will see themes. Right now we are seeing a push from the Mando show, that means having more scoundrel events.

I'm sure they will use this to help push and promote many factions over time. They will likely not push well developed factions as often or as hard.

So again, yes, if you want rewards from an event that pulls from different factions, work on the factions needed.

so less jedi, sith, res, fo and more ewoks, jawas, tuskens? That's going to be terrible.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Correct.

so less jedi, sith, res, fo and more ewoks, jawas, tuskens? That's going to be terrible.

To some extent, yeah.
  • Options
    Beskar Mado, brand new paywall...
  • Options
    They've said from day 1 that GC was developed to encourage players to round out and develop their rosters...if you have only invested in one or two factions then of course it's going to cause problems. If they wanted top rewards to be achievable by every player out there, they might as well throw out the event and just give weekly loot boxes.

The repeating I am going to wager is based off it being a holiday break, with no one working to rotate things. And before everyone says they could have set it to rotate before running for the door, keep in mind that they just increased GC from once a week to twice a week two days before the break. If they had waited until after the break to launch it twice weekly people would complain about that.

The way I see it, if they run the same faction twice a week, it's still double the rewards you would have gotten before on the once a week rotation, even if you don't have a strong faction for that week.
  • Options
    I honestly don’t know if this is CGs fault or certain players expectations or a combination of both.

For me if GCs were actually a fun new game mode and not just more of the same old with annoying modifiers thrown in it wouldnt matter about the rewards at all.
    I’d rather play something I enjoy but sadly I don’t find GCs fun or engaging at all so just want to finish them as quickly as possible and collect the rewards whatever they are. Doesn’t even matter that the last loot box isn’t that much better I just want to unlock it and be done with it.
  • ne_alenska
    123 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    sbl69ld2w569.jpg
    Finally... my old rebel team took the red box for me
    Thanks CG! Ha Ha~
  • Options
    I think the big issue is not knowing what factions will be needed and if/when they may be needed again.

Scoundrels are needed right now. But unless you're a kracken, by the time you get the mando scoundrels team maxed (and from the feats you need the mando scoundrel team), it may be another faction next month and scoundrels may not be needed again for a long time.

A repeating schedule similar to assualt battles would be better so you would know that finishing a faction would lead to the longterm increase in rewards.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    cboath7 wrote: »

Well, they just did resistance and now FO - and you know what? That hurts those of us who don't haven't invested in those squads. Especially under the new loot box system. I guess i'm screwed both ways as I have a couple scoundrels up there, but not nearly 5.

I guess I should be asking more more Sith Empire or Jedi...

Dude, just do ur GLs. Will get there eventually!!
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

Same reason for the **** Beskar Mando feats. They're trying to browbeat everyone into spending for Beskar Mando.

Mystery solved.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I feel that most players will not do well every time these come up. Just get used to the level 4 or 5 box and be happy if you do better. Slowly work on you whole roster and you will one day hit everything. It will take time though.