Best RNG you've had in the game

Prev1
Title says it all. I want to hear some awesome stories about RNGesus blessing us with a 330 shard pull, a timely dodge in GAC, etc.

I'll go first.

Chewbacca Legendary Event. Cruised through Tiers 1-6 with no problems and had been playing Tier 7 for 30 min or so. My team was Boba (L), Dengar, Cad Bane, Greedo and Zam(?). I didn't have Bossk at 7* at as he had just been released. I started another attempt and it soon felt like it didn't have a real great chance at succeeding. Things get a little fuzzy here but I remember my wife calling me for help with something. Since the run was unremarkable, I set it to Auto and put it down, and proceeded to help my wife.

I come back 10 minutes later...

"VICTORY" the screen says. I wish I knew what feats my lowly crew of BHs pulled off while I was gone during those fateful 10 minutes, but I guess I'll never know. What I do know is RNG smiled on me that day B)

What are some great RNG stories you guys have!?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    I got 5 Y-Wing blueprints and 3 Greef Shards on the same sim.
  • Options
    12.5M from credit heist
  • Options
    From what I saw and read the GAS event for the final teir was a real ball buster. So I settled in for what I thought would be hours and hours of agonizing game play. The heavens must have shined there light down upon me because I totally cruised right through and got GAS within 15 minutes. Not in a million years did I ever imagine that would happen.

Nice! I spent a solid 6 hours on that last phase.
  • Options
    Back before the bronzium pack shards were adjusted, I had 48/50 shards to unlock General Veers. I got two shards in back to back bronzium packs and could have unlocked him then and there, but instead I kept opening packs. A couple packs later I opened a full Veers. Back then if you opened someone you had unlocked you only got some tiny amount of shards. Made farming him up to 7* a lot faster!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I remember that. They gave you like 10 shards or something...
  • Options
    Seeing my Vulture droids miss 10 times in a row. Yes I counted. Lost the fight cause of it.

2% dodge can eat it.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarDog89 wrote: »
    I remember that. They gave you like 10 shards or something...

It was a little less than half of whatever it took to unlock.
  • Options
    I once had back-to-back 5v5 GACs without a terrible 3v3 in the middle.
  • Options
    It was 1/2 the shards, rounded down. So a "full" Veers would drop 50 shards to someone who hadn't unlocked him & 25 to someone who had. With no node refreshes that was a full 2 weeks earlier to 7* than it would have been otherwise.

As for me, I was doing the JKL event & trying each tier a couple times before seeing what was working & what wasn't & then formulating a new strategy & adjusting mods to fit that strategy.

For t3 I had mods that I considered junk in early 2017. I mean they were **horrible** mods. Random set bonus, random primaries. +26 speed total on ROLO. About the same speed for Captain Han, though at least he had a lot of health (as a healer should) instead of completely random set bonuses.

Sent in my crap on a first attempt, not having read any strategy guides, not having watched any videos, just experimenting with my crap before deciding how I wanted to approach it.

...and, I won. First attempt. Other people will struggling with t3 & t6 (and I at least had try a little & do a small amount of remodding on t6), but I couldn't even offer advice. I mean, what was I supposed to say? put the worst mods you can imagine on ROLO, go in without any idea what you're doing, & just let RNG win it for you on the first try?

I actually thought it was an easy tier until people came along later to beg for help.
  • Options
    JKL event
    beg for help.

Help me forums, you're my only hope.
    GL: "zetas?"
    Me: places zeta...
    Yes Rolo zeta trivializes T6.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    At the end, my 200th run (give or take) of the GAS event last phase

Being specific on how many things needed to happen at the way they did just for me to finally complete it was A LOT of RNG

Made it with G12 droids, B1 R5 and Asajj R2

Not zetas on Asajj or Magna
  • Options
    250 crystals for completing dailies. Couldn't believe my eyes when I clicked...Only took about 20 attempts to get GAS and Malak was easy (I think I over geared my toons). C3PO had good RNG for me (again, over geared Ewoks). Finding the grind for SLKR isn't giving good RNG on gear sims though.
  • Options
    A month ago I got 5/5 shards from my daily Mon Mothma shard grind. The first time in 5 years I got a jackpot when doing the daily character grind.
  • Options
    I needed 15 shards for my BSF to get to 7* to unlock DR and I got 5 shards 3 days back to back
  • Options
    When I went to sleep at 2am (I have my reset at midnight) and in the pre 6am, pre 12pm, pre 6pm and post 6pm slots I got my 10 Logray shards - 40 Logray shards (and Dengar shards) in 1 day. My 10k guild currency went down to 6.4k but was worth it :)

Also when I did a 3rd refresh (rare) for FBL and got 30/30 shards for the 15 sims.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Options
    ...and, I won. First attempt. Other people will struggling with t3 & t6 (and I at least had try a little & do a small amount of remodding on t6), but I couldn't even offer advice. I mean, what was I supposed to say? put the worst mods you can imagine on ROLO, go in without any idea what you're doing, & just let RNG win it for you on the first try?

I actually thought it was an easy tier until people came along later to beg for help.

I know how that goes haha. Guildnates would ask for my strategy after I unlocked chewie. I had nothing to offer to them as far as advice.
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »
    At the end, my 200th run (give or take) of the GAS event last phase

Being specific on how many things needed to happen at the way they did just for me to finally complete it was A LOT of RNG

Made it with G12 droids, B1 R5 and Asajj R2

Not zetas on Asajj or Magna

I think my characters were just about the same gear level as yours, and it took me just about as long!
  • Options
    GAS event. After hours and hours looking for the right RNG, I was down to Asajj and Droideka, both in the red. GAS with 1 hit left. Droideka fires off damage immunity. GAS takes 2 turns in a row, attacks Droideka both times. Asajj kills GAS. Legitimately had my heart racing.
  • Options
    From what I saw and read the GAS event for the final teir was a real ball buster. So I settled in for what I thought would be hours and hours of agonizing game play. The heavens must have shined there light down upon me because I totally cruised right through and got GAS within 15 minutes. Not in a million years did I ever imagine that would happen.

Same here lol.
    Beat the Padmé tier in 2 tries and the finals tier in about 4 tries.
  • Options
    For me this speed secondary arrow with offense primary

kf7xe5cp227k.jpeg

• Solus_Imperius
    232 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    MukkaMatt wrote: »

kf7xe5cp227k.jpeg

It's beautiful
    Congratulations
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    MukkaMatt wrote: »

kf7xe5cp227k.jpeg

And now you can slice it for even more offense.
  • Options
    Nice Arrow mod, here's my best one after the new slicing mats. I guess RNG was pretty good to me here too...q9beo7yk4nkd.jpg
  • Options
    That's insane, Star dog. I've never seen a +29 secondary.

Guess it was 3x +5 and 2x +6, then +1 for going from 5A=>6E. That is some very, very good luck to get 2 x +6 rolls on the same mod.
  • Options
    I have a new best RNG, I did the acklay mission today, and lost everyone exept alpha and sun fac, I thought I was lost, but the jedi decided to go all in on the acklay, they attacked me I think once or twice with their basic, all the other attacks of the 4 jedi went to the acklay. And I managed to win
  • Options
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    I have a new best RNG, I did the acklay mission today, and lost everyone exept alpha and sun fac, I thought I was lost, but the jedi decided to go all in on the acklay, they attacked me I think once or twice with their basic, all the other attacks of the 4 jedi went to the acklay. And I managed to win

Wait, what? The other team attacks the acklay? I've NEVER seen that. Are you kidding me? Those b-holes always go after me. Every. Single. Time.
  • Options
    It’s a crazy rumor, but apparently sometimes you can get attacked by Mace Windu capital ship in Geo Dark side! I always thought it was Kenobi negotiator and his identical twin Kenobi Negotiator who always attacked you in those missions.
  • Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    Sanderzas wrote: »

Wait, what? The other team attacks the acklay? I've NEVER seen that. Are you kidding me? Those b-holes always go after me. Every. Single. Time.

The 4 jedi attacked the acklay almost every time

• Options
    This.
    0ki8fanhlhvz.png