2021 Pack Costs

WhosTheBossk83
34 posts Member
edited January 2021
2020 (Oct/Nov)
3xtvqsn7z40s.jpeg

2021 (first day of the new year!! :o )
k583q3v6m0ze.jpeg

So is this doubling the price for the same pack gonna be something that lasts the whole new year?

Great start to 2021 CG!!!

Sincerely,

The community that keeps your game in business ;)

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Well, aside from the price increase, I prefer them being on crystals, that way I can consider acquiring them in a F2P matter instead 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Well, aside from the price increase, I prefer them being on crystals, that way I can consider acquiring them in a F2P matter instead 🤷🏻‍♂️

A small silver lining to a blatant loss of pack value
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    4.99 pack vs a free pack with 2-3 days of in game currency...... the free one seems like a better value to me, not a loss in value.
  • WhosTheBossk83
    34 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    4.99 pack vs a free pack with 2-3 days of in game currency...... the free one seems like a better value to me, not a loss in value.

Semantics Kyno, semantics ...
    Post edited by WhosTheBossk83 on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

...no not really. It is literally a better deal, as anyone can get it for free.
  • WhosTheBossk83
    34 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

OK, let’s just get down to it since you seem to be so persistent – speaking “literally” for real this time:

You stated an opinion, not a fact, so you shouldn’t use the word “literally“. What you are “literally” doing is arguing the meaning of the word “value”, which is semantics 😘. Finished being cheeky — my opinion is that the value of the pack is less because you get less for more. Done
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

OK, let’s just get down to it since you seem to be so persistent – speaking “literally” for real this time:

You stated in opinion, not a fact, so you shouldn’t use the word “literally“. What you are “literally” doing is arguing the meaning of the word “value”, which is semantics 😘. Finished being cheeky — my opinion is that the value of the pack is less because you get less for more. Done

One cost real money, with no other way to get it.

One can be purchased with an in game currency, that can be earned daily for free.

Those are facts. Those facts make it a better deal, that is not an opinion.

A better deal, because it is accessible to more players without using any real money in the game.

You are judging this by being purchased by real money, which is fine, but not the only way to buy the second pack.
  • Options

You stated in opinion, not a fact, so you shouldn’t use the word “literally“. What you are “literally” doing is arguing the meaning of the word “value”, which is semantics 😘. Finished being cheeky — my opinion is that the value of the pack is less because you get less for more. Done

One cost real money, with no other way to get it.

One can be purchased with an in game currency, that can be earned daily for free.

Those are facts. Those facts make it a better deal, that is not an opinion.

A better deal, because it is accessible to more players without using any real money in the game.

You are judging this by being purchased by real money, which is fine, but not the only way to buy the second pack.

I still disagree and consider the pack of less value (there’s that semantics thing again 😘). I overtly stated this is my “opinion”, a word you clearly do not understand along with a few others (literally and semantics). Try your hardest to understand the word “done“ this time. Done!!!
  • Options
    This is clearly a matter of perspective... related to an opinion.

If I was f2p, maybe kyno's explanation makes sense. However... for all the people who are not f2p, this is a slap in the face and double the price, almost making it a barely worthy deal. It used to be a worthwhile pack. Is the goal with this pack to help f2p players? If that's the case, you're way off because they don't waste their crystals on lower level gear like this anyway.

If the pack is for whales who are just trying to save a couple bucks from buying the pieces straight out, then again, the value system is way out as most of them by their crystals.

Kyno, aren't you a moderator? Are you a f2p player and don't even support the game you work for?
  • Options
    *off, not out
    *buy, not by
  • Options
    Are you wanting to discourage whales from buying things? Because it's working with this kind of M.O.
  • Options
    Lastly, how many f2p players can make 1200 crystals in a few days? Most i know are in the 200-500 range at best in arena.
  • Options
    2-3 days of in game currency would only be possible for top 20 payouts in both fleet and arena. This would take most f2p more than a week, and they'd likely rather get the specific piece they need.
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    FredoKY wrote: »
    If that's the case, you're way off because they don't waste their crystals on lower level gear like this anyway.

Low level gear? Kyros? Carbantis? Stun cuffs? Stun guns? Gold eyeballs? lol, just, lol

And sadly yes, not a lot of us can make that amount of crystals in a few days, but there are, and for example in my case, I got to buy one, I get to earn 1,200 crystals in 2-3 days indeed, I get top 5 on fleet arena, and that's everything I need to earn a good amount of crystals, but at the end I'm F2P

Now, the best scenario is obviously a good value pack which you can pay off on crystals, but hey, I'll take it as it is rn

• Options
    FredoKY wrote: »
    2-3 days of in game currency would only be possible for top 20 payouts in both fleet and arena. This would take most f2p more than a week, and they'd likely rather get the specific piece they need.

It is technically possible for a f2p player to get 1000+ crystals per day.