Overpowered teams.

GreyJediMarvaSoro
5 posts Member
edited January 2021
This is a follow up of my earlier discussion about the fact you have to break your bank to have fun on this game, well just did a Galactic War battle and my 88,000 power Bastilla Shan Jedi team lost to a kitten 45,000 power Clone team, what the actual heck?? So your telling me I could be smashing people if I just would have chose to put my time into the clones instead of all these kitten Jedi and Separatists that you need for all these legendary characters when really you don't need them cause all you need is Ahsoka, Fives, Rex, Echo and Arc Trooper, all at Gear level VIII and you'll beat anything, I can't believe it. My Bastilla, Anakin and Mace Windu are all gear level XII 7 stars with MK V mods..... Please explain this to me.... Oh another team that can beat pretty much anything at 5 stars and gear level X is the Night sister's, another broken team to add to the list.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    You aren't supposed to do GW with one team from start to finish. What other teams have you been using?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    What earlier discussion?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I have been using my Empire Darth Vader team which includes Moff Tarkin, I have a Pheonix Squad, A Rebel Squad and a Clone Team that doesn't have an Arc Trooper. The Clone team I faced beat all my other squads and made easy work of my strongest team. That wasn't even the final battle of the table.
  • Options
    TVF, must have been removed as I can't find it now but I ranted about how you have to be a millionaire to even make a slight bit of progress within the end game.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I ranted about how you have to be a millionaire to even make a slight bit of progress within the end game.

Completely fully entirely 100% incorrect.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF, must have been removed as I can't find it now but I ranted about how you have to be a millionaire to even make a slight bit of progress within the end game.
    Or you just need to git gud.
  • Options
    Take a chill pill. It's just GW.

The million dollars is if you want everything now. Grind it out and you can have everything for free in time
  • Options
    Let me guess you're one of those F2P players that's been playing for 5 years straight everyday and now have a GP of over 20m. All I'm saying is I've been F2P since November last year and I got to about level 68 without spending money and had 1 5 star character and this was after playing it for a year straight. I got to a point where if I don't grind everyday for the next 2 years I wasn't going to progress SO I spent a bit and same thing happened again I got stuck and found myself needing to pay for things again. Everything a spend a bit of money something that I couldn't do before opens up for me to be done..
  • Options
    Good bye 😘
  • Options
    If you only had 1 5 star character and were still Level 68 after a “year straight” of playing the game, you can’t have been doing it right.

Did you play and complete your activates every day? Collect all free energy? Join a guild?

You simply cannot blame the game for that rate of progress. That’s entirely your fault.
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    This is a character collecting and resource management game. Figure out a plan and stick with it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    @GreyJediMarvaSoro, If you're stuck in a game I'd recommend to ask for help and advice on how to proceed instead of ranting and rage quitting.
  • Options
    Greyjedi, you don’t have to spend money to make progress, but you do have to spend time understanding different mechanics and interactions. The examples you use are teams that have specific kill orders to be successful against.

It’s just as important to understand how the opposite team works as it is to understand how yours is supposed to work to have success.

At the gear levels you are talking, you should have no issues with clones or nightsisters with your Jedi team (who are the other two you use) if you understand their mechanics and how best to disrupt them.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    @GreyJediMarvaSoro, If you're stuck in a game I'd recommend to ask for help and advice on how to proceed instead of ranting and rage quitting.

This. There is a wealth of information out there and people will help if the question is asked, not ranted about in a closed-off way.
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Let me guess you're one of those F2P players that's been playing for 5 years straight everyday and now have a GP of over 20m. All I'm saying is I've been F2P since November last year and I got to about level 68 without spending money and had 1 5 star character and this was after playing it for a year straight. I got to a point where if I don't grind everyday for the next 2 years I wasn't going to progress SO I spent a bit and same thing happened again I got stuck and found myself needing to pay for things again. Everything a spend a bit of money something that I couldn't do before opens up for me to be done..

Level 68 after a year? What have you been doing dude?

I started on November 2018, and by november 2019 I was level 85 lol

To date, I have 4M GP F2P
    Also, you really are excusing using G12 MACE WINDU against clones? Of course you're gonna lose dude lol

Also, rule number 1, get the good/meta teams

You can't blame no one but yourself if you have R7 Gamorrean Guard, CUP, Mob Enforcer, Jedi Guardian and Consular as your main team and you can't beat anything
  • Options
    This is a follow up of my earlier discussion about the fact you have to break your bank to have fun on this game, well just did a Galactic War battle and my 88,000 power Bastilla Shan Jedi team lost to a kitten 45,000 power Clone team, what the actual heck?? So your telling me I could be smashing people if I just would have chose to put my time into the clones instead of all these kitten Jedi and Separatists that you need for all these legendary characters when really you don't need them cause all you need is Ahsoka, Fives, Rex, Echo and Arc Trooper, all at Gear level VIII and you'll beat anything, I can't believe it. My Bastilla, Anakin and Mace Windu are all gear level XII 7 stars with MK V mods..... Please explain this to me.... Oh another team that can beat pretty much anything at 5 stars and gear level X is the Night sister's, another broken team to add to the list.

You have much to learn. Every word of what you just said is wrong. I have spoken.
  • Options
    I wish my problems were still old school Clone squads and Nightsisters. Those were the days.
  • Options
    It’s also important to note where that clone team was in the GW. If it was on node 12, I’m willing to bet it’s engineered to be much more difficult than a normal clone team because that’s how GW works.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    It’s also important to note where that clone team was in the GW. If it was on node 12, I’m willing to bet it’s engineered to be much more difficult than a normal clone team because that’s how GW works.

Except it's not? GW doesn't give special buffs. The purple nodes are harder because they draw more power. But you're still liable to run into a Jedi Consular lead on purple nodes from time to time.
  • Options
    I'm f2p for about one and a half years, and gotta say, clones are tough in the beginning... But in no way overpowered. That said, using mace in a bastilla team is just a wasted space. Get GMY and spread those buffs!
  • Options
    I would agree that if you are only level 68 after a year. I started an alt account about 7 or 8 months ago and it is level 85 with dozens of 7 star characters. Also vader, ep, thrawn, jkr, r2d2, and a five star chewie.

I will also have Darth revan shortly.

I have had gw on sim since I hit level 85. I get top 100 in arena and top 20 in fleet arena.

All of that with zero $ spent.

So when you say that you have to spend to get a 5 star character and level 68 in a year, you are simply wrong.

A couple of things point to you not knowing the mechanics.

1. You are using mace. He isn't good. So if you are using mace, you really shouldn't be.

2. You said you have 5 dot mods on your characters but that doesn't mean they are good mods. Understanding modding and correctly modding your teams make a huge difference.
  • Options
    Clones can be a really good team, especially now. Kill Fives first. Echo is a TM machine, remove him, stun him, daze him ... stop him from assisting. Rex is a time bomb, don't dawdle.
  • Options
    Wait ... are you sure that was Ahsoka on the team and not a Shaak Ti lead? Because that is a REALLY GOOD team. I mean, it is not tip-of-the-spear but it is still one of the better clone comps.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Except it's not? GW doesn't give special buffs. The purple nodes are harder because they draw more power. But you're still liable to run into a Jedi Consular lead on purple nodes from time to time.

Sorry, I meant engineered to be better than a normal clone team at his level. If it’s a node 12 clone team, it’ll be above his power level/toon level. That’s how it worked back when I couldn’t sim GW anyway.
  • Options

Picked the game back up last November ftp as well, I was at about lvl 50 when I started.
    y1123hse7u9b.png
    If you are only lvl 68 you’ve played for no more than a month or two
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    This forum can’t help but take the troll bait, sheesh.