Imperial Troopers

ScoundrelRui
823 posts Member
edited January 2021
Hi all, I'm just after a bit of advice. My imperial troopers have never been a priority so they're pretty rubbish, but I have to relic Starck, Veers and Piett for SEE. So I was wondering who else I should gear up to complete the team?

Snowtrooper, stormtrooper and magmatrooper are 7* but low gear, and the rest need a lot of work.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Range and death are the money to join the big 3
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Range Trooper is almost a must have, slim kit but he's adding so much to the team. Last spot can be Deathtrooper or Snowtrooper, DT is more tactical while Snow offers immense firepower.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    DT is more tactical while Snow offers immense firepower.
    Which becomes irrelevant as long as you use Piett with Troopers, as after a kill they'll all hit like Snow.

DT and Range are the best picks for now and if you end up adding Gideon later on, it'll still be these 2 and it's Starck that gets removed.
  • Options
    I'd suggest storm and range.

A relic stormtrooper loaded with defence takes minimal damage and can beat gl kylo
  • Options
    I'd suggest storm and range.

A relic stormtrooper loaded with defence takes minimal damage and can beat gl kylo
    But not particularly useful on an IT team. I have relic Storm, it has a different purpose than being used with Veers-Piett Troopers.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I would go with:

main 3: Veers, Starck, Piett,

Any two of those: Range Trooper, Death Trooper, Snow Trooper

Best used with empire team: Shoretrooper.

Avoid: Magma and Stormtrooper.

I have no idea about Moff Gideon. Seems he’s better in his own team with him as the leader.

• Options
    Veers, Piett, Starck (or Gideon)is the core trio
    + Range (more buffs, more attacks)
    + DT (making him go right after Piett and Starck allows for a quick pretaunt dispell with his grenade so you can shoot down a target of choice, daze on basic is nice and the deathmark can be handy aswell)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I'm also working on troopers because of SEE, I plan on using shore and death with veers, starck and piett.
    Its a pity because piett would be great with my Vader as well.
  • f82bd
    81 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Great post. I had the exact same question. I'm leaning towards Shoretrooper as the 4th since it also has pretaunt which seems to offer some versatility outside an Imp Trooper squad. Not many toons with pretaunt and I already get a ton of use out of GBA's pretaunt.

That said, who to use for the 5th? Wait for Gideon? or...

Stormtrooper would be easiest since most have him already farmed from cantina currency, but...

It looks like a line-up with DT can also be used against Jedi Luke and DR, and it's an easier farm from the cantina than all the other options. DT gets rid of SEE retribution in a counter. And DT just looks cooler ;)

I'm currently thinking Veers Piett Starck DT and Shore, boom! How does that sound to folks???
  • Options
    f82bd wrote: »
    Great post. I had the exact same question. I'm leaning towards Shoretrooper as the 4th since it also has pretaunt which seems to offer some versatility outside an Imp Trooper squad. Not many toons with pretaunt and I already get a ton of use out of GBA's pretaunt.

That said, who to use for the 5th? Wait for Gideon? or...

Stormtrooper would be easiest since most have him already farmed from cantina currency, but...

It looks like a line-up with DT can also be used against Jedi Luke and DR, and it's an easier farm from the cantina than all the other options. DT gets rid of SEE retribution in a counter. And DT just looks cooler ;)

I'm currently thinking Veers Piett Starck DT and Shore, boom! How does that sound to folks???

Range instead of Shore
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Range instead of Shore

Yeah ok, so what you're saying is that Range's unique just super charges everything... assists, buffs, and also TM with Veers lead, got it. bummer really just like the idea of Shore ;)

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Range instead of Shore

Yeah ok, so what you're saying is that Range's unique just super charges everything... assists, buffs, and also TM with Veers lead, got it. bummer really just like the idea of Shore ;)

Shore is really good, and situationally you swap them (troopers) in/out, but I think Range is a staple on the team.
  • Options
    Range instead of Shore

If you see how much gear Shore needs, you will change your mind
  • Options
    Range is the 4th for sure.

The way the team works is Veers lead, which gives 10% tm for receiving a buff, coupled with Piett, who gives a buff to all troopers whenever any trooper takes a turn or attacks.

For example, starck goes and does his buff move, each trooper gets 2 buffs plus a stack of emperor's track, for 30% TM. Same idea if you have Piett move first.

Each assist or counter attack from a trooper will also give a stack of Emp Trap, which is where Range comes in. 50% chance to assist. So every single trooper's turn give 10% tm with 50% chance of another 10%, plus any buffs that go to the team.

All before you gain mad tm from Veers unique on a kill. Range keeps the TM train going more consistently.

5th should be gideon IMO, but snow or death work.

You don't want a tank for PvP since the other team should never get a move off.
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    DT is more tactical while Snow offers immense firepower.
    Which becomes irrelevant as long as you use Piett with Troopers, as after a kill they'll all hit like Snow.

DT and Range are the best picks for now and if you end up adding Gideon later on, it'll still be these 2 and it's Starck that gets removed.

Why does Starck get removed? I'm also pondering what to do after I complete gideon down the line. Currently got the commanders and range to relic.
  • Options
    You make two trooper teams.

One with Veers one with Gideon. There's enough troopers to satisfy the requirements of Gideon's leadership and also build a team for Veers.

Veers, Piett, Range, Storm, Death.

Gideon, Starck, Magma, Snow, Shore.

Mix and match tanks and attackers to suit who you're fighting. Range and Piett go together though. One could argue Snow with Veers for the extra TM gain...
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    I actually think Gideon is best used outside of troopers with Vader etc as counters for some of the big boy teams
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    You make two trooper teams.

Which of these two is the better NightSister counter? My IT got less developed than all my opponents Sisters.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Veers for sure. You need to out-speed their TM gain with your own. Piett fast enough to go first. Might even be worth running Snow/Death for straight up offense and no revive.