Crystal Packs Over Charging

Unrulyondamic
17 posts Member
edited January 2021
I’m just wondering why the $49.99 crystal pack costs more than $70? 😳u563oy45vokw.jpeg
Post edited by Unrulyondamic on

Replies

• Options
    This is the 2nd time now.......
  • Options
    Weird.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Could be the exchange rate?
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe you bought more than just one pack?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    x51q127d55p3.png
    Nope. Would have over 14k crystals had it been two packs. I’ve bought a 49.99 chest before and it charged me correctly. It’s a crap shoot to spend $ on this, when I’ll never know if I’m gonna get charged the amount this game advertises
  • Unrulyondamic
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    9ednu2geamgh.png
    And just to make sure I’m not losing my mind... Got charged $0.10 per crystal. Even if I paid tax on it, it would still be nowhere near $74.70... I’m curious if this has happened to anyone else, and if a community wide PSA should be issued..
  • Options
    I'd guess an exchange rate error myself.

I did a little searching and the closest i got was 50USD equals a bit over 70 in New Zealand currency.
  • Options
    I guess I could’ve specified that I live in US.
  • Options

Submit a ticket to EA help, you might even be able to talk to them online through their monstrously confusing help site to get this fixed. If they don't, request a refund from apple for the charge. That should get them to wake up and fix whatever is working wrong.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Submit a ticket to EA help, you might even be able to talk to them online through their monstrously confusing help site to get this fixed. If they don't, request a refund from apple for the charge. That should get them to wake up and fix whatever is working wrong.

I’m gonna give this a shot and hopefully provide some feedback to this post... was definitely curious to see if it had happened to anyone else
  • Options
    The extra is for the QoL update. They did say it wasn't free...
  • Options
    MikKro wrote: »

Seriously? Then why not update the price up front if that is the case? I know that’s not a question you need to answer. But they are advertising a price of 49.99 and charging 74.70. That’s false advertisement. Anyone else care to purchase that chest and screen shot what they are charged at this time of purchase ??
  • Options
    jusjiua8oilb.jpeg

To throw salt in the wound 😂. Apple charging an extra $10.66 to boot. So a crystal chest for $49.99 has now actually costed a total USD amount of $85. This is the worst purchase/result I’ve ever experienced
  • Unrulyondamic
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    jusjiua8oilb.jpeg

To throw salt in the wound 😂. Apple charging an extra $10.66 to boot. So a crystal chest for $49.99 has now actually costed a total USD amount of $85. This is the worst purchase/result I’ve ever experienced

Bruh, you’ve bought more stuff, and not necessary from this game. Apple often sends in a single batch for the final settlement. I highly doubt EA has overcharged you.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Looks like your tax rate is ~6.75%. Is that correct?

$9.99 + 6.75% = $10.66
    ($49.99 + $19.99)+ 6.75% = $74.70
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    MikKro wrote: »

Seriously? Then why not update the price up front if that is the case? I know that’s not a question you need to answer. But they are advertising a price of 49.99 and charging 74.70. That’s false advertisement. Anyone else care to purchase that chest and screen shot what they are charged at this time of purchase ??

You missed a bad joke.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I thought it was a good joke, but badly missed by OP; But my girlfriend says I'm not funny at all, so there is that.
  • Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    I thought it was a good joke, but badly missed by OP; But my girlfriend says I'm not funny at all, so there is that.

Sadly, I think there's a lot of us here that can relate.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    el_mago wrote: »

Sadly, I think there's a lot of us here that can relate.

What girlfriend?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    jusjiua8oilb.jpeg

Bruh, you’ve bought more stuff, and not necessary from this game. Apple often sends in a single batch for the final settlement. I highly doubt EA has overcharged you.

Ok, so I’m a total N00b. Not only did I miss the now obvious joke, I was also not aware that Apple handles charges on a single batch. That makes perfect sense. I don’t check my bank account regularly enough to not have caught on... we can all go back to 😂 at poor jokes. 😁
  • Options
    That's a poor job on apples part if they're bundling charges and not showing what was bundled. That's how you get customer issues like this.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    jusjiua8oilb.jpeg

this
    cboath7 wrote: »
    That's a poor job on apples part if they're bundling charges and not showing what was bundled. That's how you get customer issues like this.

and this.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Now that you got all of us involved I think it's only fair to know what the rest of it was spent on :sunglasses:
  • Options
    There's still the issue of items being incorrectly priced. My in-game store also shows the $9.99 pack at $19.99 and the $4.99 pack at $9.99.
  • StarSon
    7442 posts Member
    Options
    Sandybard wrote: »
    There's still the issue of items being incorrectly priced. My in-game store also shows the $9.99 pack at $19.99 and the $4.99 pack at $9.99.

If your game shows it as $19.99 it is a $19.99 pack not a $9.99 pack.
  • Sandybard
    156 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Well before today, the pack of 1340 crystals was $9.99 and the pack of 610 was $4.99. Now they're $19.99 and $9.99 respectively. The pack of 2800 is still $19.99. if they were going to raise prices, they'd do it across the board. They wouldn't double the price of a pack to make it the same cost as another one for less than half the crystals.
  • StarSon
    7442 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Well before today, the pack of 1340 crystals was $9.99 and the pack of 610 was $4.99. Now they're $19.99 and $9.99 respectively. The pack of 2800 is still $19.99. if they were going to raise prices, they'd do it across the board. They wouldn't double the price of a pack to make it the same cost as another one for less than half the crystals.

Well I'll be darned.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/240752/mispriced-crystal-packs-in-store
  • Options
    You can bet they would be fixing this issue a lot faster if the deal was good for the player and they were selling the 20s for 10...
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    You can bet they would be fixing this issue a lot faster if the deal was good for the player and they were selling the 20s for 10...

I mean, it’s just a visual bug.