All over the place, need help

Hi

So I started recently to play and so far I've collected just what I thought to be interesting.
Now I'm interested in getting a real team instead of just putting my strongest chars togheter.
But I'm kinda lost. Where should I put my focus into?

https://swgoh.gg/p/354758866/characters/

Any tipps and advices are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Options
    choose either separatists or Phoenix once you decide I will give you a detailed farming guide
  • Options
    I like count dooku, so I'll go with seperatists
  • Options
    Sep are good to and you can start down a path to obtaining Padme. Long journey but Sep will be a good team starting for Arena and to beat DS nodes
  • Options
    Sep are good to and you can start down a path to obtaining Padme. Long journey but Sep will be a good team starting for Arena and to beat DS nodes

This. And DS nodes are harder. Geos are best
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Options
    Work on your Boba, Vader and Dooku. They are so much better in the long run. Vader Merciless Massacre is one of the best moves ever, and Dooku has easy counters, ability block and stuns. Boba is just a killing machine who can constantly revive himself, and is one of the better Bounty hunters. Phoenix is great for early game too. They are easy to gear and star up. Also, don't go for chopper. He might be easier than Sabine, but dude, Chopper is basicly just a taunt. Sabine is armor shred, multiple strong hits, and a exposing, staggering AOE. Her AOE's zeta is amazing, like Vader's special 3 zeta and Hera's play to strengths zeta. Just amazing. Bye for now,
    -Fett Kenobi80
  • Options
    Work on your Boba, Vader and Dooku. They are so much better in the long run. Vader Merciless Massacre is one of the best moves ever, and Dooku has easy counters, ability block and stuns. Boba is just a killing machine who can constantly revive himself, and is one of the better Bounty hunters. Phoenix is great for early game too. They are easy to gear and star up. Also, don't go for chopper. He might be easier than Sabine, but dude, Chopper is basicly just a taunt. Sabine is armor shred, multiple strong hits, and a exposing, staggering AOE. Her AOE's zeta is amazing, like Vader's special 3 zeta and Hera's play to strengths zeta. Just amazing. Bye for now,
    -Fett Kenobi80

1) Go for chopper 7* and sabine just 2*. His unique makes all phoenix allies tankier and his assist is so helpful e.g. stopping Thrawn from getting a turn, when zeb staggers him.

2) Vader is amazing. Dooku is super. Boba is good. But NOT in the same team. Focus on certain teams, not certain characters.

3) DON'T GET ANY PHOENIX ZETAS (this is to you to @Fett_Kenobi80).
  • Options
    Thank you all for your help. I've changed my mind and will go for Phoenix at the beginning. Is Sabine worth getting at the beginning? Or should I start with a focus on Kanan, Ezra, Zeb, Hera and Chopper?
  • Options
    Thank you all for your help. I've changed my mind and will go for Phoenix at the beginning. Is Sabine worth getting at the beginning? Or should I start with a focus on Kanan, Ezra, Zeb, Hera and Chopper?

You have to think about your long term goals. Content creators are now going back to Phoenix and claiming its the path to a Galactic legend (SLKR or SEE). That might be true if you are extremely disciplined for 14 - 18 months (you need to get into a good guild early) and forgo being competitive in most game modes, but I doubt most people will ever reach that point in free to play. I don't understand how one achieves decent crystal income in the first 6 months and what your fleet will look like if you start with Phoenix.

The 'starting meta' is still Geos in my mind and I don't see anything changing now, you need to get yourself a competitive fleet as early as possible for the crystal income and Geos are the best bang for your energy. Once you are getting yourself ~400 - 700 crystals per day with a top ~10 in fleet farming Phoenix becomes easy, then you can do 3 refreshes per day of Cantina energy and knock out Ezra and Hera from farming and Chopper from Cantina curency you get from farming Ezra and Hera. Zeb (GW store) and Kanan(SA store) are the last two pieces you need and you can do it all after farming Geos and it will take half the time it would have if you started with Phoenix from the beginning.

• Options
    That's very solid advice from @cl3537_swgoh that I would go with.

Me personally I am in 4 weeks into the game, and for the first 3 weeks I was F2P and farming Phoenix. During this time I managed to progress to level 60, 7* Ezra, Hera, Zeb, Chopper and 6* Kanan (nearly 7*), which allowed me to unlock Palp and Thrawn, plus GM Yoda & R2 during those 3 weeks (5* only). It's a very solid approach and allows you to unlock a lot of key characters pretty quickly.

The downside of this approach was that DS nodes became extremely hard after tier 4, Squad Arena gets challenging as that PS squad can't do lots of damage quickly so stops progressing fast, and then once I unlocked Fleets these PS pilots were useless as it would take time to unlock the Ghost and Phantom, which are great ships but longer farms.

I ended up buying the Hyperdrive Bundle on week 4, but if I could have started over as F2P I would have gone with Geos. I am a fan of the Rebels series and PS which is why I chose them, and not at all of geos, so that for sure had something to do with my decision, so absolutely take the path that you will enjoy.
  • Options
    That's very solid advice from @cl3537_swgoh that I would go with.

Me personally I am in 4 weeks into the game, and for the first 3 weeks I was F2P and farming Phoenix. During this time I managed to progress to level 60, 7* Ezra, Hera, Zeb, Chopper and 6* Kanan (nearly 7*), which allowed me to unlock Palp and Thrawn, plus GM Yoda & R2 during those 3 weeks (5* only). It's a very solid approach and allows you to unlock a lot of key characters pretty quickly.

The downside of this approach was that DS nodes became extremely hard after tier 4, Squad Arena gets challenging as that PS squad can't do lots of damage quickly so stops progressing fast, and then once I unlocked Fleets these PS pilots were useless as it would take time to unlock the Ghost and Phantom, which are great ships but longer farms.

I ended up buying the Hyperdrive Bundle on week 4, but if I could have started over as F2P I would have gone with Geos. I am a fan of the Rebels series and PS which is why I chose them, and not at all of geos, so that for sure had something to do with my decision, so absolutely take the path that you will enjoy.

Important, this is. I would farm ship-geos and Phoenix then Empire/Sith (core 3, tarkin, BSF). Pogo as your 2nd GW store item, and Nute as your 3rd Squad Arena farm.
  • Options
    This aims for an Empire team, Geo team, and Padmé eventually