How about more, but different KOTOR characters: the Rakata??

It would be awesome to kinda change paths a bit from the jedi, the sith, mercenary, and the republic in general. How would you guys feel about the Rakata? What would you say their abilities would be? How would they contribute to the game?

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Unless they are (re)canonized in some upcoming project, I don't think we will see them here. Non-canon video games themselves are a bit of a stretch (we probably got KOTOR stuff only because Carrie wanted it), I wouldn't hold my breath for the backstory of those games.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Unless they are (re)canonized in some upcoming project, I don't think we will see them here. Non-canon video games themselves are a bit of a stretch (we probably got KOTOR stuff only because Carrie wanted it), I wouldn't hold my breath for the backstory of those games.

Wait, Carrie? Who? Carrie Fisher?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Machinist wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Wait, Carrie? Who? Carrie Fisher?

No, Carrie Gouskos, better known here as CG_Carrie. She was one of the top dogs at CG for a while.
  • Options
    Not everyone loved (or even liked) KOTOR. I think there is plenty of KOTOR content as it stands.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Not everyone loved (or even liked) KOTOR. I think there is plenty of KOTOR content as it stands.

Not everyone loved or even liked the sequels but here we are with 4 GL’s
  • Options
    Don't think we should go back to KOTOR, but focus more on newer media. Getting The Mandalorian characters was awesome. I also hoped for Jedi Fallen Order characters but I'm afraid it won't happen since it's been quite a while now since its release. But who knows, it can still come, or when Fallen Order 2 comes.
  • Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »

Like it or not, but at least they're tied to the very core of star wars (the movies). Another fun fact: despite not being a GL, a KotoR char is still one of the strongest (if not the strongest) lead in the game...
  • Options
    Still plenty of characters I would like before we go back to KotOR again.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

And at least one of them has a KOTOR character as his best lead. And the 3 sequels are more recent installments in the Star Wars universe than a video game that was released almost 20 years ago.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options

Like it or not, but at least they're tied to the very core of star wars (the movies). Another fun fact: despite not being a GL, a KotoR char is still one of the strongest (if not the strongest) lead in the game...

Thanks for the fun fact ?
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options

And at least one of them has a KOTOR character as his best lead. And the 3 sequels are more recent installments in the Star Wars universe than a video game that was released almost 20 years ago.

Was just using your own argument against you, more of a joke than anything
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    There are some great characters from canon novels, comics, and games that they could introduce. Could get people interested in those mediums. Best picks: Doctor Aphra, Cal Kestis, and Eli Vanto.
  • Options

Meh much better than Jar Jar and a bunch of atrocious prequels content.
  • Options

Meh much better than Jar Jar and a bunch of atrocious prequels content.

I realize this may come as a complete shock, but not everyone thinks the same way you do.

• Options

Yes, and it just makes because Darth Revan was one of the most influential sith lords in the legends. Revans teachings were continued long after The Order of Revan dissolved.
  • Options

Totally, i hate the sequels. George Lucas despises them, and didnt even show up to the premieres of tlj and tros. Even some of the actors dont want to act in Disney star wars movies
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options

Totally, i hate the sequels. George Lucas despises them, and didnt even show up to the premieres of tlj and tros. Even some of the actors dont want to act in Disney star wars movies

I remember watching all the mark hamill interviews where he clearly wasn’t too happy with how they dealt like Luke and thinking oh god what have they done
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

I remember watching all the mark hamill interviews where he clearly wasn’t too happy with how they dealt like Luke and thinking oh god what have they done

No, no one thought that. That’s why everyone went into the movie with sky high hopes. That’s why the movie is so controversial: Critically, the film is a big success. But it’s a terrible Star Wars movie, leaving most Star Wars fans with disgust for it.

That being said, they are aware that not everyone likes the sequels, but we have GL sequel characters because those characters were easy to market when Disney had just marketed them. I was surprised to see that not everyone wanted KOTOR content either, but there were people.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

No, no one thought that. That’s why everyone went into the movie with sky high hopes. That’s why the movie is so controversial: Critically, the film is a big success. But it’s a terrible Star Wars movie, leaving most Star Wars fans with disgust for it.

That being said, they are aware that not everyone likes the sequels, but we have GL sequel characters because those characters were easy to market when Disney had just marketed them. I was surprised to see that not everyone wanted KOTOR content either, but there were people.

Well thanks for telling me what I thought, can’t believe I got my own thoughts wrong. I also went in with high hopes because it’s Star Wars and I always will. I know why we have sequel GL’s, I never said we shouldn’t have sequel GL’s and I also understand that some people like different parts of Star Wars and that’s okay
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Well thanks for telling me what I thought, can’t believe I got my own thoughts wrong. I also went in with high hopes because it’s Star Wars and I always will. I know why we have sequel GL’s, I never said we shouldn’t have sequel GL’s and I also understand that some people like different parts of Star Wars and that’s okay

Well good. Also, I didn’t tell you what to think, I accused you of lying. I would love to say that I could see the signs of disaster as well.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options

Well good. Also, I didn’t tell you what to think, I accused you of lying. I would love to say that I could see the signs of disaster as well.

I have to agree with @Gouj4
    I became very concerned once I saw Mark’s comments and obvious disagreement. I went in nervous, but hopeful.
  • Options
    Eweff wrote: »

I have to agree with @Gouj4
    I became very concerned once I saw Mark’s comments and obvious disagreement. I went in nervous, but hopeful.

Unfortunately... it all turned out to be trash. Disney and Kennedy, despite their promise to do justice to SW, decided to promote todays political nonsense, and then insulted and cursed out SW fans who disagreed with the introducing of the political nonsense.