Looking for advice on where to go

SteamRoller
posts Member
edited January 2021
Hi there, I have been playing this game since the end of December and I am really enjoying it. However I am not sure what I should be farming currently for characters and ships.

I started with the Phoenix squad. I have a couple at 7* and the rest are on the way. Not sure when I am supposed to make the switch to empire for arena and what nodes I should be farming. I have been farming a multitude of characters and not sure what I should be focused on.

I also am completely unsure of what ships I should be farming once I get there(currently level 57). I would like to get a decent ranking in arena as a f2p player for the extra crystal

I will be grateful and appreciative of any advice given. Thank You!

Edit: Forgot my swgoh profile https://swgoh.gg/p/767131273/

Replies

• Options
    Hello. I've been playing pretty much the same time as you so will let you know my experience. I also started out farming Phoenix and had them all to 7* and around g7. Doing this you should have already unlocked both Thrawn and Palp at 5* and possibly Grand Master Yoda as well.

However, you will start to stall in Squad Arena probably maxing around rank 250 with this team as you just won't be able to do enough damage in the 5 min limit. For GW they are still okay as you can sustain your health / protection over the march, so should be able to complete the table each day.

BUT, you will soon unlock Fleet / Ships at level 60 and to start, Phoenix will be useless as you won't have Ghost & Phantom which are great, but will take a while to unlock. You have also probably stalled on Dark Side nodes tier 4. Because of this, I would highly suggest to start farming Geonosians / Separatists ASAP because 1) They have good synergy together in Squad Arena, 2) will help you advance on DS nodes, and most importantly 3) will be your best bet once you unlock Fleet to farm their ships early.

Fleet is highly dependent upon not just the ships, but the pilots of those ships including their star power, gear level, abilities, and MODS (5* level 15). And I would also suggest you shift your resources to investing in Fleet because 1) it's easier to advance to higher tiers in fleet than squad and 2) the payouts will be much more worth it as you can get more daily crystals easier and more fleet currency where the store has better options.

Then if you are doing Geos, you can focus on unlocking Padme as you go.