Jedi Knight Luke Leadership?

JaVinci
10 posts Member
edited January 2021
Just trying to figure out what’s going on here. Can the speed alteration from JKL’s “Return of the Jedi” be resisted? Enemy was Carth (L) Mission and Zaalbar.

v1fp0clcxzoy.png
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    It can’t but I’ve noticed that enemies with lower base speed than luke will sometimes not recieve the effect
  • Options
    SHAD0W4576 wrote: »
    It can’t but I’ve noticed that enemies with lower base speed than luke will sometimes not recieve the effect

This is what's happening. Mission has lower base speed than JKL.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    What I'm doing is assembling a 2nd set for JKL with as low speed as I can get for arena, ABs etc, and utilizing a bunch of characters that call assists (Revan, Bastille, Jolee, Huda etc) and then as fast of an offense set as I can get for raids.

The slower set will help for situations like this, the faster set will allow you to maximize damage in raids or other situations (GL, mirror matchups etc) where his leadership isn't helpful.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SHAD0W4576 wrote: »

Yep this. They dont get the icon if they are not affected, and if they are slower they are not affected
  • Options
    Just have one super fast non-OR Jedi on the team, say, Hermit Yoda. Use Heroes Arise on their very first turn. Boom. Speed reduction done with a super slow JKL. I run him at only +33 so far and it's been awesome.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Just have one super fast non-OR Jedi on the team, say, Hermit Yoda. Use Heroes Arise on their very first turn. Boom. Speed reduction done with a super slow JKL. I run him at only +33 so far and it's been awesome.

What's your Hoda at speed wise?
  • Options
    I have my shaak ti at 339 and Luke only at +41 with a ton of protection and offense and they are together on defense for 3v3 gac. If you cannot outspeed shaak then you need a Han team capable of extremely high damage or a GL to get through that team. I could go higher for shaak but I prefer my fastest set on DR...
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @RTS Unfortunately my JKLS is only G8 so I can't deploy him on Jedi missions in LS Geo TB but when I do, or when I use him in other PvE, its my fastest set on Hermit which puts him at 361.

I nuked CT3 of Ground War with G8 JKLS using this strategy.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @RTS Unfortunately my JKLS is only G8 so I can't deploy him on Jedi missions in LS Geo TB but when I do, or when I use him in other PvE, its my fastest set on Hermit which puts him at 361.

I nuked CT3 of Ground War with G8 JKLS using this strategy.

That's fantastic, this next AB will be my first time trying it with the slow set. Unfortunately my Jolee is trash, and GMY is only g12 so I can do CT1, but haven't gotten farther so far, slow set may help.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    CT 1-3 it's all about surviving the opening set of turns by the enemy, after that you just keep following repetitive strategy with JKL.

I ran JKLS lead, JKR, GMY, HY, GK.

You set it up with one last enemy in the red, and ensure you end each wave using Heroes Arise (and make sure his Mass Stun is off cooldown) so JKL starts the next wave with full TM. He'll go, reduce the speed of everyone, stun them all, and you take 5+ turns each before they even move once.

Repeat 7 times for profit.

Just make sure going into Wave 4 EVERYBODY has their mass assist calls ready to drop on Grievous. Mark him with Revan (hopefully you have him) and then wreck everyone else after.