Places of Power Challenge Tier 3

Vin_Jalek28
11 posts Member
edited January 2021
Any suggestions on a squad to knock down this tough tier?!?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    What do you have?
  • Options
    SLKR, Kru, Hux, and someone who will die works
    I’ve also heard Drevan does it easily
  • Options
    JKL lead makes it doable with about any jedi squad.

The key is to use his leader skill to inflict the killing blow on the last adversary; then Luke will play first at the start of the next wave and you can mass stun everyone. Be aware to manage the cooldowns accordingly.

As long as everyone survive wave 1 (which could use some redo) you should be allright.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

The key is to use his leader skill to inflict the killing blow on the last adversary; then Luke will play first at the start of the next wave and you can mass stun everyone. Be aware to manage the cooldowns accordingly.

As long as everyone survive wave 1 (which could use some redo) you should be allright.

you can't use JKL in the places of power assault battle, only sith and first order
  • Options
    DRevan in my experience doesn’t really cut it in a standard setup anyway.

I use Palp(lead), works from G12 with a bit of RNG, Malak (R7), BSF (R4), DR (R4), Vader (R4).

They key is keeping Palpatine alive as the Jedi will loose health on each of their turn, more so if shocked.
    It can be done with a lot of other combinations than the above, point is to have some tanks around Palp, especially if he is not relic.
    Nihilus work well in the squad to nuke a few of the more problematic jedis, but really if you can keep palp alive damage dealers are less of an issue, survivability is key.
  • Options
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

you can't use JKL in the places of power assault battle, only sith and first order

My bad, mix it up with Ground war. Moving on ^^
  • Hortus
    627 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Palp lead + siths inflicting control effects and shock is the fastest way (enemies essentially kill himself by taking turns). With good RNG can work with low relics or even G12 on some characters but requires manual play and good tactics (saving cooldowns and preloading TM before every next wave in particular).

SLKR+KRU is autoplay but veeeeerrryyyyyy loooooooong because SLKR never uses anything but AOE and therefore not siphoning mastery (substantially faster if start every phase on manual until SLKR turn, hit with Stasis Strike once and then press auto until next phase). Can fail in the case of really bad RNG.
  • Options
    lkbmc132mr8g.png

3 stars with them
  • Options
    SLKR/KRU worked, thanks!!
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong then please? Because I’ve got SLKR at r7, ultimate, 125k health, 572 speed and he gets wiped out in phase 2 of tier 3
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Sith as well - palp r7, Vader & Malak r3, DR and bast r4 - nothing. I counted about 20 attacks before I get a turn I think
  • Options
    How is your KRU modded? I was able to get through it with SLKR, KRU + 3
    2xs5e6br3riv.png
  • Options
    Buddy wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong then please? Because I’ve got SLKR at r7, ultimate, 125k health, 572 speed and he gets wiped out in phase 2 of tier 3

SLKR modding is pretty much irrelevant there. The key to success is survivability of KRU - he must be able not to die until he get some AOE hits from stealthed jedi guards. Those hits remove turn meter and give DS characters health and protection due to SLKR unique, so KRU eventually becomes unkillable. Also for this reason avoid ANY characters which give your team TM in the starting lineup if you use SLKR.
    Buddy wrote: »
    Sith as well - palp r7, Vader & Malak r3, DR and bast r4 - nothing. I counted about 20 attacks before I get a turn I think

If you use Palp squad you may want to get pretauning tank (KRU or SET) instead of Vader to withstand initial storm.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    That worked. I put palp as one of the other 3 to get me through the first 2 rounds, he gets killed in round 2 and then KRU really bulks up in round 3. Thanks guys
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    yeah kru is the key bc you're going to be watching him take 8000 turns (counters) while your super fast slkr sits there.

we really need a sim, or better yet a GC-like "beat this tier and all are done" thig. And by that I meant both of those things
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Kru with over 100k health, auto basic, walk away, pick phone up in 20 mins, switch to auto all abilities, put phone down for 30 mins, pick phone up and manually get some stacks in p8 then put on auto and walk away.

Kru heals for 4million on every hit he takes, so other than time it’s easy.