6X Mod Slicing Stats

Prev1
6fu9bfivmzh6.png

This is the totality of my new slicing so far. Got 11/46. Decently close to %25 one would expect. Assuming you are also chasing the last speed hits, how does yours look?

Replies

• Options
    Not neccessarily interested in speed only (looking to complete my speed/protection hybrid mod set on my JML) but every mod I sliced had speed on it and could've always upgraded it, so no mods with alrdy (5) speed or (4) speed ones that did hit it and I sliced it up further.
    With that being said I'm currently at 12/46 (= 26.09%) so very close to the expected outcome aswell. However there were 1 or 2 mods that alrdy had a secondary sitting at (5) so on these 1-2 mods I had a 33% chance for speed bumps.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Not neccessarily interested in speed only (looking to complete my speed/protection hybrid mod set on my JML) but every mod I sliced had speed on it and could've always upgraded it, so no mods with alrdy (5) speed or (4) speed ones that did hit it and I sliced it up further.
    With that being said I'm currently at 12/46 (= 26.09%) so very close to the expected outcome aswell. However there were 1 or 2 mods that alrdy had a secondary sitting at (5) so on these 1-2 mods I had a 33% chance for speed bumps.

Ah interesting, so those mods with 5 hits on other secondaries aren't really high speed mods but ones you value overall? I'll get to doing that at some point, but first want to clear up the full potential of everything 20+.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Ah interesting, so those mods with 5 hits on other secondaries aren't really high speed mods but ones you value overall? I'll get to doing that at some point, but first want to clear up the full potential of everything 20+.

I still have so many high speed (4) ones that I think it's gonna take a looong time untill I could do slicings for my fun projects (and there are constantly new good ones added to the list with mod farming). So I just decided to do my JKL circle mod and then do my JML fun project.

zqav5pf4i19v.png

Circle started with (5) on offense (unfortunately only 1 speed bump and 3 on CC); on the square mod I'm not sure if I hit the (5) on %prot before I tried to slice speed or if it was the last roll that got me the (5) on %prot - I just know it started with (2) on speed and (3) on %prot; the triangle one alrdy had (5) on protection and 6 base speed after slicing to 6E so I gambled there and hoped for as many speed bumps as possible and got lucky and unlucky at the same time - glad I got 3 bumps, a bit sad that it was only +12 from 3 bumps.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Options
    "speed hits" are great but there are other secondaries. Perhaps most importantly, it's possible to expend immense resources chasing a last speed hit and only getting +3 speed or some other min-increment slice, which just sucks.

My favorite mods to slice are the potential "god mods"--CD triangle, good speed slices, good offense secondaries.
  • Options
    8/46, fml. 🙄
  • Options
    2/26 one was +3 im raging every time I slice
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    12/41 speed drops. I try to make sure I “like” at least 2 other secondaries so that I have 75% chance of dropping a useful stat.
  • Options
    I do not count. Also Legend91 you seem to be slicing bad mods.
  • Options
    TaTaKaS wrote: »

Don't worry, I alrdy got my +186 speed set on DR.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Only team you use?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Only team you use?

The only team where I really want to make sure that I go first if I decide to do a mirror. Possibly outspeeding a Rex for defense purpose is also nice.

The other teams key chars are decently modded aswell (thx to speed mod farming - in fact I shifted focus from speed mod farming to 6E farming a long time ago) so I thought it would be a good time to go for my JML slicings (and the JKL circle).
  • Options
    11/50 now. 3 purples on the verge of burning. I don't mind my overall outcomes. Golds without a hit hurt though.

svtddxrkhuzx.png
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    13/45. Fairly happy with results.

1691b66k6ouu.jpeg
  • Options
    Are you upgrading your mods after you hit 5 upgrades on speed? If so, it will lower the overall percentage for upgrading speed.

This is difficult to track because there’s an inherent bias in it. Most people won’t move a mod from 5a to 6e unless it already has high speed. For instance, I had some 5a mods that had already hit speed 5 times, so I would get 0 for whatever when I upgrade them further than 6e.
  • Options
    Unless by mistake I hope noone is doing that. I lock the ones that are done to not ever do it. We need more mod markers.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    I am not. I am aware of the 5 drop max, though I know not everyone is. I am still going for speed drops, but I’ve chased “lesser” mods a couple times. I also see that many could/do have more 5 drop speed mods thus differences in drops and desired drops will happen.
  • Options
    Besides peeps that also chase improvement in non-godspeed mods (pretty viable option as well) I think almost all of us are doing the same thing=consolidating the top speed mods of their roster still. At least everyone around me are doing that. Soon 20+ improvements will start depleting.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    18/73 now.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    18/63
  • Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    Options
    I’m currently sitting at 1/53. I hate 6 dot slicing 😂
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Yung_Hen wrote: »
    I’m currently sitting at 1/53. I hate 6 dot slicing 😂

Just a single speed bump? That's an incredibly bad stat.
  • Options
    20/74

Although it started out with a 11/13 or something similar so my luck started to go quite a bit downhill after that.
  • QuickGoneJim
    192 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    6fu9bfivmzh6.png

This is the totality of my new slicing so far. Got 11/46. Decently close to %25 one would expect. Assuming you are also chasing the last speed hits, how does yours look?

Less than 10%.

Edit: Correction. I miscalculated. It’s 16%.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    30/121 now. Got perfectly even.
  • Options
    I'd saved up 320 mk2 salvage to slice from 6e to 6d.

32 rolls returned 8 speed increases.

Bang on 25%
  • Options
    Annoyingly I also had a load of more advanced mod materials.

On 3 mods that I rolled from 6d to 6a which was 12 rolls in total none rolled a speed so I didn't get the max speed from those mods.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Annoyingly I also had a load of more advanced mod materials.

On 3 mods that I rolled from 6d to 6a which was 12 rolls in total none rolled a speed so I didn't get the max speed from those mods.

Yeah, thermal exchange comes in excess...I guess for everyone.

l4g8lipkp90a.png

• Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    28/105
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Out of 20 golds I managed to make 11 burnt at 4 speed bumps (which is where they had started)
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    9 of 15 of my gold 6A mods are flops on speed drops.