Squad Arena help

https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/characters/ for those on mobile website (in my signature too).

I have come to a stalemate around 1,000-2,000 now and trying to work out how to go forward.

I have my Bastila L team, and Palp L Empire team.

Bastila L, GMY, Ezra, Jolee, Hoda/OB

Palp L, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin, Snowtrooper

I also am 2 toons away from CLS: OB 89/100 and Snowtrooper 67/100 (for R2).

I am 4 toons away from JKR for my Bastila L team: Jolee 34/100, Z 18/100, Mission 28/65, T3 51/100.

I have geos as an option, and Padme 5* but no GK/JKA for her yet.

For CLS, I am 123/145 on Han, and for Padme, I am 131/145 on GK.
My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

Replies

• Options
    Btw I face lots of Palp L Empire / Sith w/ or without BSF, Bastila L, JKR L, Geos, and rare Padme teams. Often there are mish-mash auto-select teams under g12 Boba L with 4 other g12s that don't necessarily synergize.
  • Options
    Also, whilst on the topic of Squad Arena, my alt https://swgoh.gg/p/768169135/ is looking for help. Who can it beat? There are MBA reqs under Mando L, Seps, Phoenix w/out Sabine, and NS.
  • Options
    Your main has some room for improvement mod-wise. F.ex. I would move the arrow mod from Embo to GMY, cross from farmboy to GMY and also level the square mods on Leia and NS spirit and triangle on geo soldier to see if they can boost GMY's damage further. I assume he's your main attacker (even with Ezra at g12). Also, you should mod Jolee. Health with speed secondaries.

Your empire team also lacks some mods.

I know, that building your characters also requires credits but as soon as you get one good mod set you can just move them around between your characters when you change your team (while still farming more/better mods). It's worth the investment. I'm sure you will be able to reach top-1k by moving some mods around or leveling/slicing mods you already own.
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    DK_Raiders wrote: »
    Your main has some room for improvement mod-wise. F.ex. I would move the arrow mod from Embo to GMY, cross from farmboy to GMY and also level the square mods on Leia and NS spirit and triangle on geo soldier to see if they can boost GMY's damage further. I assume he's your main attacker (even with Ezra at g12). Also, you should mod Jolee. Health with speed secondaries.

I know, that building your characters also requires credits but as soon as you get one good mod set you can just move them around between your characters when you change your team (while still farming more/better mods). It's worth the investment. I'm sure you will be able to reach top-1k by moving some mods around or leveling/slicing mods you already own.

Thx. I hate mods, but have been working on them as much as possible e.g. Vader and partway on BH for Chewie and FB Luke and ST Han (currently on Bossk) for CLS. Bastila L was my 1st proper Squad Arena team and I rlly didn't give a kitten about mods then so left those.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    I will use this advice, but Empire or Bastila or Geos? Which are best for arena?
  • Options
    I thought you had previous experience with this game before:
    ad6q4c6rgtwo.jpg
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    DK_Raiders wrote: »

Thx. I hate mods, but have been working on them as much as possible e.g. Vader and partway on BH for Chewie and FB Luke and ST Han (currently on Bossk) for CLS. Bastila L was my 1st proper Squad Arena team and I rlly didn't give a kitten about mods then so left those.

Mods are 90% of the battle.

Bastila lead should be a hard counter to Palp lead, so with mods you should be eating through those. Against JKR you'll either need CLS or DR.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    You could honestly probably run Padme on offense without GK for a while until you encounter tougher teams, but you have no Anakin or Ahsoka.
  • Options
    I thought you had previous experience with this game before:
    ad6q4c6rgtwo.jpg

If I stop, do I not get lenience sir
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    You could honestly probably run Padme on offense without GK for a while until you encounter tougher teams, but you have no Anakin or Ahsoka.

I have Ahsoka, GMY, R2 and rlly that’s it for decent GR. I use Lumi with them but that’s just for GAC
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/characters/ for those on mobile website (in my signature too).
    I have come to a stalemate around 1,000-2,000 now and trying to work out how to go forward.
    I am 4 toons away from JKR for my Bastila L team: Jolee 34/100, Z 18/100, Mission 28/65, T3 51/100.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but if you are looking to improve in the arenas, you need to pick one team. Not 5.

Of those teams listed, I would go with either JKR or Padme. Whichever you choose, that team is the only thing you are putting resources into gearing. I would pick Revan, much faster for you.

Do AT LEAST one energy refresh on Mission/the droid until they are done. Your goal right now is to unlock JKR. Put gear into your Jedi; you will get them all to gear12/13 ASAP. HYoda will be fine around gear 9 for now, 11 eventually. He doesn't need much gear, just enough so he doesn't get killed by a random AoE.
    Your next arena team should be: JKR, Bastila, Jolee, GMY, HYoda. (yes, ik you have ezra geared, but eventually, HYoda will be more valuable.)

The reason I'm not saying stick with Vader is: your empire team is gear 8. That's not good enough for squad arena. Sure you have one gear 12, but that's obviously not cutting it right now.

Hope that helps
  • Options

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but if you are looking to improve in the arenas, you need to pick one team. Not 5.

Of those teams listed, I would go with either JKR or Padme. Whichever you choose, that team is the only thing you are putting resources into gearing. I would pick Revan, much faster for you.

Do AT LEAST one energy refresh on Mission/the droid until they are done. Your goal right now is to unlock JKR. Put gear into your Jedi; you will get them all to gear12/13 ASAP. HYoda will be fine around gear 9 for now, 11 eventually. He doesn't need much gear, just enough so he doesn't get killed by a random AoE.
    Your next arena team should be: JKR, Bastila, Jolee, GMY, HYoda. (yes, ik you have ezra geared, but eventually, HYoda will be more valuable.)

The reason I'm not saying stick with Vader is: your empire team is gear 8. That's not good enough for squad arena. Sure you have one gear 12, but that's obviously not cutting it right now.

Hope that helps

I'm giving options. Empire was developed for GAC and R2. Jedi was passion. Geos was for GAC and in turn Padme. CLS was becaue I was planning to eventually get there, and JKR is for my passion.

Ok, JKR it is. I'm one toon away from CLS now, but that's ok, I can pause it.

I'll try for 1 refresh, but considering the amount of crystals I get per day, it's not the easiest. I understand my Empire team, I really use it as a suicide squad where Vader remains and just whacks down geos/CLS/Bastila zetaless.

JKR is the way I guess. I g12ed Ezra cos I needed a decent damage dealer. Got OB and GMY 7* today, so he's back to doing decent damage. I'm mod-farming for GMY so he'll be better soon. I'm also aiming to g12 GMY today, before going and farming more stun guns for Bastila g12. Then for my Jolee, and I'll save up for JKR. I'll get to work on Hoda too. Thx.
  • Options

Hope that helps

I'm giving options. Empire was developed for GAC and R2. Jedi was passion. Geos was for GAC and in turn Padme. CLS was becaue I was planning to eventually get there, and JKR is for my passion.

I'll try for 1 refresh, but considering the amount of crystals I get per day, it's not the easiest. I understand my Empire team, I really use it as a suicide squad where Vader remains and just whacks down geos/CLS/Bastila zetaless.

JKR is the way I guess. I g12ed Ezra cos I needed a decent damage dealer. Got OB and GMY 7* today, so he's back to doing decent damage. I'm mod-farming for GMY so he'll be better soon. I'm also aiming to g12 GMY today, before going and farming more stun guns for Bastila g12. Then for my Jolee, and I'll save up for JKR. I'll get to work on Hoda too. Thx.

Okay, I see what you're saying. I totally understand the want to have so many teams, but for arenas that's not going to help that much.

CLS can hold for now. I know he's super awesome and everything, but I would circle back to him and Chewie once you're finishing up JKR team gearing.

That refresh is super important. Try and do it when you can. Also, do both the regular and fleet energy battles for zaalbar and jolee. That will speed up the process significantly.

You can probably find ways to use Ezra still. Against some teams, he might be more useful than HYoda. Plus, he's 7 stars so he can be used in raids. Yes, you really need to work on your mods. Get all 5 dot mods on him, 6 dot when you can. Get a speed arrow, offense primary cross, crit damage/offense triange. You need to work on your mods. Make sure you use all your mod energy each day, and sell all of your sub-5-dot mods for some extra credits to upgrade some new 5 dot mods. Gear 12 Yoda is good. Does your guild do Heroic sith raid? You should be. That will help you get him relic.
  • Options

Hope that helps

Okay, I see what you're saying. I totally understand the want to have so many teams, but for arenas that's not going to help that much.

CLS can hold for now. I know he's super awesome and everything, but I would circle back to him and Chewie once you're finishing up JKR team gearing.

That refresh is super important. Try and do it when you can. Also, do both the regular and fleet energy battles for zaalbar and jolee. That will speed up the process significantly.

You can probably find ways to use Ezra still. Against some teams, he might be more useful than HYoda. Plus, he's 7 stars so he can be used in raids. Yes, you really need to work on your mods. Get all 5 dot mods on him, 6 dot when you can. Get a speed arrow, offense primary cross, crit damage/offense triange. You need to work on your mods. Make sure you use all your mod energy each day, and sell all of your sub-5-dot mods for some extra credits to upgrade some new 5 dot mods. Gear 12 Yoda is good. Does your guild do Heroic sith raid? You should be. That will help you get him relic.

Sure ik. I think I’ve developed enough teams at a good enough lvl for div 9 GAC.

CLS is on hold. Just did T3 + 1 disappointing refresh (only 1 drop of 2 shards after refresh).

Z from Fleet and Jolee from Normal atm as can’t reach Jolee fleet and farming Wicket for 3po on side + STUN GUNS (rlly helping) and Bossk for fleet. Also farming Vulture Droid for fleet.
  • Options
    We do hSTR but I can’t get top 10 as we call in a merc who’s only free when I’m at school. Everyone else hits. Currently we accidentally started raid without him and it’s ending in a few mins ... going to be a fail
  • Options
    Sounds good. Just keep pushing towards JKR then you'll be set.