Two class of players now: Those who pre-crafted, and those who didnt

Prev13
Go_Blue
95 posts Member
The biggest problem with the new update, and one I'm sure was not intended, was that it creates two separate classes of players:

Did you precraft gear? Then you can move on to level 9 with a lot of toons. That's a giant advantage.

Did you not precraft gear? You won't be able to move on for weeks until the next update makes the new gear available, and then however long it takes to craft after that.

I'm not immune from this. When I read this yesterday I crafted 3 MK 5 Arakyd Droid Callers. So I can now update Poggle, Savage, and QGJ, but others won't be able to. And I'm sure people crafted furnaces, where the rest of us are locked. This isn't even a F2P v. P2P issue (I'm F2P). I'm sure lots of whales didn't precraft.

I'm not thrilled we have to craft and grind even more gear (it is almost unbearable at this point), but if everyone were on the same playing field, then at least it's the same for everyone. But now, some people have a distinct advantage, based on an unintentional loophole opened by the Devs

That should never happen.

Replies

• Options
    yeahh i really wish i had 1 more day to pre craft... gonna take WEEKS where as the precraft for like 10 of each(minus the furnaces) woulda taken like 1-2 days depending how well i did in the arena(for energy refreshes).
  • Zen
    126 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't pre gear, but not because I'm an **** who didn't read all of the threads warning people to do so, my connection went down until the update obviously

But yeah, it's my own fault because I had the opportunity to do so, but look it's not the end of the world. I'll just have to take it on the chin and farm the 50 radios when they get released.
  • Options
    I'm perfectly happy. I see no issues. Patience!
  • Options
    I don't think many people had the chance to do this, without spending a lot. Good on you if you did though.
  • Options
    Please don't be misled. The official announcement was released a day before the level raise. One day can be helpful, but not by all that much.

• Options
    I was able to get 5 of the droid callers but no furnaces. Oh well. It won't be too long until we're in this same boat for lvl 90.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Please don't be misled. The official announcement was released a day before the level raise. One day can be helpful, but not by all that much.

@FashionFett come on man, a single day? That helped no one! They seriously need to communicate better i'm not even angry I was expecting something of this nature! PS i'm not being rude but you must know it was almost instantaneous.
  • Options
    Lucky enough that I at least have my arena team gear all crafted with a few spares. Going to be rough on the others though
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Getting the droid callers for my RG and QG is a huge advantage. It's 600 HP plus what you gain in gear IX. I suspect by the time I can use the GS (50 days) the new gear will be available so not much advantage for that one. If you got the furnaces to you can have all members of your arena team a gear level ahead.

So it only takes 5 pre crafts to make a big difference.
  • Options
    I agree that this is by far the worst decision made on this game, and I am someone who has supported everything from the time I started playing in mid-December. In particular there are some characters who cannot advance to the next gear level without obtaining these items, which were ridiculously hard to farm before the update, and are now impossible to do so. The fact that it came with only one day's warning is that much more disgusting.

If the point was to reward P2P players then this is entirely the wrong way to go about it. Gear is a grind regardless, and paying players do not receive much of advantage other than having more chances to get the gear pieces due to an abundance of crystals. As one of the other posters mentioned, I doubt even whales who hadn't already farmed these items would have been able to in the rather small window of time.

I am maintaining faith that there was a good reason and direction for this choice, but right now I admit I'm pretty incensed.
  • Options
    I didn't pre-craft anything and I really don't care. I see how EA is trying to make me reactive and jump through stupid hoops for nothing, I'm not going for it. I'll play the game in the way I like and just enjoy the ride.

I'm not going to blow my crystals farming this crap, this is bunk and I'm not even doing it. Let my characters stay at Level 7 with Gear then, this isn't a game, it's a joke cash grab scam...
  • Options
    They obviously don't care about fairness,otherwise we wouldn't have had people with gear 8 9 and 10 Greedos locked to that cap.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    With some having pre crafted gear and others not, throw in the fact that some gear is not farmable makes this update a complete mess at this point

If you just took a base arena team of QGJ, Geo, Lumi, Sid, RG or whoever that had the 50 gear pieces added, most characters did

That's 250 pieces of gear someone has to farm that a person who pre crafted did not, and it wasn't even a day notice, which wouldn't have helped anyway

What's the drop rate on that purple gear, like 20% if you're lucky, look how much energy and refills that equals

Brutal
  • DarthGozu
    283 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Post edited by warmonkey1024 on
  • Options
    Read thread yesterday that someone had crafted 3 callers so I checked and was able to do 2.
    Thanks for the tip
  • Options
    Next week they will give those out for free to Android players.
  • Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    I don't know what kind of fukhead at CG came up with this genius idea of diluting existing crafts with an extra pile of 50 not even yet implemented ****, but the only thing it inspires me is app deletion. I think I spent enough money in this game while it meant new content but this change that came this month stinks like extortion.
    Agree with OP, only a collection of assclowns can come up with a game update like this, splitting the player base into those who pre-crafted and those who can't craft the same level of gear any more until the new items are implemented.
    There are plenty of games available anyway, so for me, if this is no April fool and is actually an intended change, I'll move on to something else, mortal combat x most likely.

Agree 100%. Extremely poor decision to **** off your elite player base. Once I get to 80 I might be done. This game has wasted enough of my money and my life.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    I refuse to be put into a category, I will log in everyday and play the game regardless of what I think about the Dervs. Chances are I will still be top 5 in the arena daily even though I did not pre-craft. It is not a game of pvp, we fight against an AI (and a very poor one) so defeating them will not be any harder. I can not count how many times I beat teams with 3k+ more power than mine and I can not see that changing.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Next week they will give those out for free to Android players.

You mean they didn't already?
  • bboi
    47 posts Member
    Options
    I refuse to be put into a category, I will log in everyday and play the game regardless of what I think about the Dervs. Chances are I will still be top 5 in the arena daily even though I did not pre-craft. It is not a game of pvp, we fight against an AI (and a very poor one) so defeating them will not be any harder. I can not count how many times I beat teams with 3k+ more power than mine and I can not see that changing.

Think about the difference a G7 and a G8 Rey makes or why GS has been considered so OP (hint his gear level). Now apply the same principle to an entire team or a majority of a team.
  • Options
    So basically we're gonna find out who was able to gear up real quick with the massive shift in arena that's about to take place?
  • Stok3d
    140 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have $1000's invested into this game and like many of you take this game seriously. I have 40+ 7* lvl 70+ and am one of those that utilize Aurodium Packs to stockpile hundreds of extra Mk IIIs. Long story short, I have been stockpiling, strategizing, and preparing for this day for quite awhile. What I didn't do was precraft... Is it practical that that something as trivial as this should cost me 1000+ purples and severely stunt an advantage that "whales" have committed to?

I'm an upbeat guy and it takes a lot to make me feel as I do now. Honestly, I feel like someone just kicked me in the nuts. It is not justifiable that assembling the materials one stockpiled should have any advantage impact what-so-ever... Absolutely ZERO.

What I believe the proper solution is to just undo it. Simply make those who have pre-crafted to require the additional contents for the new recipes. It would also be a nice gesture to send out say +500 shards to help offset expenses F2P ppl may have made on refreshes.

Am I the only one who sees it so black and white? Am I off-base?

• Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Stok3d wrote: »
    Am I the only one who sees it so black and white? Am I off-base?

No and no.
  • Options
    What is this term, "whales"?
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    luckily i crafted Four of MK 5 Arakyd droid caller. After the updated they add 50purple. I saved 200 Purple!!! that is crazy..
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    I managed to craft 3 items but even that seems a rather unfair advantage. They gave 1 day warning. Not very cool.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    I crafted 3 callers and 1 fusion. But I didn't have anyone else to see higher lvl items to make... Or so I thought. Forgot Greedo was gear nine, I missed out on 2 mk 6 Nubians. Funny how that's really gonna bite later. Now I need 100 mk x. That sounds like a lot of energy....
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    if all this is an April fool's joke tomorrow and they revert it, I'm going to have a good laugh
    mighty chlorians
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    reizse wrote: »
    if all this is an April fool's joke tomorrow and they revert it, I'm going to have a good laugh

im beginning to think this is the case so im not going to go apespit over the changes.... yet

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    yep...staying neutral until it's 100% confirmed.
    mighty chlorians