Joining GAC by mistake

ddlooping2
1046 posts Member
edited February 2021
I hadn't received any notification of the result of my last battle so I decided to go in to have a look for myself.
I pressed the button to enter only to realised I had joined instead.
The next GAC, both my DRV and Bastilla Fallen will be mod-less.

I truly wish there was a way to exit and join again. :|

Replies

• Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    I hadn't received any notification of the result of my last battle so I decided to go in to have a look for myself.

that is a LONG overdue QoL we need. we can do it with TW so why not GAC?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »

As they have explained, the matchmaking works differently, that is why it can happen in one and not the other.
  • Options
    Ok, but they have not explained why they can't add a simple "confirm" button, or the like. It's ridiculous that they've haven't done this. There's a confirm button to use ship building materials on ship upgrades towards the end of each upgrade (as well as other "confirm" buttons throughout the game), but not here to join GAC (which is a one-week commitment that is linked to a 4 week commitment so it's a very big deal to hit that "join" button when a mis-timed join can ruin 4 weeks of commitment to GAC). So, why is there not a "confirm" button to join GAC?
  • Options
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ok, but they have not explained why they can't add a simple "confirm" button, or the like. It's ridiculous that they've haven't done this. There's a confirm button to use ship building materials on ship upgrades towards the end of each upgrade (as well as other "confirm" buttons throughout the game), but not here to join GAC (which is a one-week commitment that is linked to a 4 week commitment so it's a very big deal to hit that "join" button when a mis-timed join can ruin 4 weeks of commitment to GAC). So, why is there not a "confirm" button to join GAC?

I believe this is on the backlog, but its not as simple as it sounds.

Yes it is, and that should help us all remember to either click or not when we mean to. As always Sith happens, but even a confirm button wont change that (not to say it wont help)
  • Options
    Matchmaking in GAC occurs when we join. Matchmaking in TW doesn't occur until the lock. So we can't leave in GAC because we're already matched up....even though we don't see it on our side yet.

The reason that the GAC system was changed from rosters being locked at the close of the timer is because errors were occurring which allowed people to switch mods for offensive teams during the GAC. People could literally swap their best mod sets in there for every battle. They were unable to successfully prevent that issue from continuing to occur so they chose to change the system to lock rosters upon joining instead. I'm sure we've all prematurely joined a GAC bracket at least once but the issue with people being able to swap mods during the GAC was a much bigger problem than someone occasionally not paying attention and joining a GAC before they intended to.
  • Options
    Matchmaking in GAC occurs when we join. Matchmaking in TW doesn't occur until the lock. So we can't leave in GAC because we're already matched up....even though we don't see it on our side yet.
    Not exactly.

The matchmaking process supposedly starts when you click join but it definitely does not end there.

If you join a GA at the start of the 24 hr window and subsequently claim feats to get promoted up a league towards the end of the 24 hr window then you will get matched with a bracket full of players from the higher league. I know because I did it deliberately to see what would happen.
    The reason that the GAC system was changed from rosters being locked at the close of the timer is because errors were occurring which allowed people to switch mods for offensive teams during the GAC. People could literally swap their best mod sets in there for every battle. They were unable to successfully prevent that issue from continuing to occur so they chose to change the system to lock rosters upon joining instead.
    No. The mod switching was a user interface problem which was fixed separately.
  • Options
    At the very least, please add a "Confirm" button. I think that would solve the problem 99% of the time.
  • Options
    Or just start the matchmaking when the join period ends. But this would probably blow up the servers.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn