FOST

Just wondering why there is so many who say FOST is not a viable character. He is hard to farm but very easy to gear up. Decent health and for me at just 2*/Gear 8/Level 65, he can crit over 3k with advantage. I imagine at 5-7 stars he should at least be usable with Phasma lead.

Knowing that he's not an arena squad member, what's so bad about him other than farm time?

Replies

• Options
    He is a one of a few characters who add nothing to a team, can he be a filler character yes but not someone you build a team around. His attack does average damage, second skill is a self only buff, using it means you go a round without damage from him. Counter is nice but with low damage it does not hurt the other team (when maxed). He really needs one of 2 things, either groups buff or his unique ability needs to offer more than just counter damage (maybe a debuff or turn meter reduction).
  • Options
    Would he be ok on the following team? I've also heard that FO officer is pretty decent.
    Phasma lead
    Barriss
    Lumi
    FOTP
    FOST/FOO
  • Options
    It's not that he's bad, it's just that he doesn't fit with the meta very well. Damage and speed is what you need to succeed. And he lacks both. Hopefully with the upcoming game change, more slower characters will be viable to use. I have mine at 6*, and he crits around 3.5k, his speed is 111. One of the good thing he currently has going for him is that you can actually lvl him up to gear 9 right now. A lot of popular characters have been blocked from moving up to 9 after they added the additional ingredient to some gear pieces.
  • Options
    Thanks for the insight everyone. Maybe I am not seeing him have offense up or something, but I am fairly sure I have seen him crit for over 3k at just 2 stars with advantage. Does he just not scale well, or am I off?

I know he isn't an arena A Squad member. But I feel like he should be a good addition to GW B squads or a first order team. I just hate to invest time into him if the bad perception about him is true.
  • Options
    Speakender wrote: »
    Would he be ok on the following team? I've also heard that FO officer is pretty decent.
    Phasma lead
    Barriss
    Lumi
    FOTP
    FOST/FOO

I really want to run a similar team in GW, and maybe arena:

Phasma (L)
    Kylo
    FOST
    Rey
    Lumi

Maybe tag in Daka if I need a second healer in GW. I have all of the pieces except FOST, but fear he may not be worth the investment.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    He is not the new hotness.

All characters are viable.

If you want a full FO team, he is necessary.

People like to say things are bad, it makes them feel important.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »
    It's not that he's bad, it's just that he doesn't fit with the meta very well. Damage and speed is what you need to succeed. And he lacks both. Hopefully with the upcoming game change, more slower characters will be viable to use. I have mine at 6*, and he crits around 3.5k, his speed is 111. One of the good thing he currently has going for him is that you can actually lvl him up to gear 9 right now. A lot of popular characters have been blocked from moving up to 9 after they added the additional ingredient to some gear pieces.

You also fail to mention his worthless special.
  • Options
    I'll have him at 6 stars level 8 gear in the next 2 days and I love him for GW. I think he's great with a Phasma lead. His special sucks on defense but he hits way harder than Fives
  • Options
    5* here. Haven't benefited him yet, as FOO still in the works. I will be giving detailed info of a full FO team once everyone is 6* minimum.
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »
    HaloWars29 wrote: »

You also fail to mention his worthless special.

It does seem pretty worthless, but seems practical. If you didn't have someone in your squad that gave Advantage up to your squad like Phasma, then FOST wouldn't be attacking at his full potential, he becomes more useful with advantage, it boosts his speed down chances from 45% to 90%, which seems pretty useful to me. But in the current meta, where battles can literally end in less than 30 seconds, every move counts. So often times using your move to self-buff is more detrimental than it is beneficial.
  • DarthMegaBex
    568 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    He's getting a buff tho. Datamines show he will add defense to all and self adv buff. That's the reason I'm farming him lol.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22657/datamined-new-fo-abilities
  • Options
    I have him 7* gear 7 and he is great in the a Tank challenge as well as GW fodder. Very solid.
  • Options
    Will keep plugging away then. I'm not refreshing his nodes so it will be a bit of a time investment for me. Might as well start on FOO after I finish Daka I guess. First order team in a few months :D. Thanks everyone!
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Good health but no taunt is a waste.
    He's getting a buff tho. Datamines show he will add defense to all and self adv buff. That's the reason I'm farming him lol.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22657/datamined-new-fo-abilities
    The current defense setting isn't that useful. That makes him still mediocre even after this buff.
  • Options
    Will keep plugging away then. I'm not refreshing his nodes so it will be a bit of a time investment for me. Might as well start on FOO after I finish Daka I guess. First order team in a few months :D. Thanks everyone!

Good luck! I'm also farming a FO team, for sure do FOTP and FOST early, cause they take forever to farm.
  • Options

Race you >:3
    Although I'm leading at 3-4* now lol

• Options
    LMYYYKS wrote: »
    Good health but no taunt is a waste.

The current defense setting isn't that useful. That makes him still mediocre even after this buff.

Hoping that defense buff happens at the same time as adv buff plus FOST buff. Knowing EA...