QoL Suggestions & Rewards Structure

Creme
32 posts Member
edited February 10
Been a while since I've been on the forums but this is an attempt to provide some constructive feedback instead of just complaining about the current state of the game, which I do plenty of within my guild.

These have probably already been brought up but nothing has been said or done to address them so ~here we go again~.

Ok so QoL first.

1. Modding has become such a crucial part of this game and I don't have the mod depth to optimize every single one of my units, despite farming mods hard ever since they came out. So, for different game modes, especially with the introduction of challenge rancor, I'm frequently forced to build sets for different teams using the same mods. It's nice that we can build and store sets but this becomes tedious having to apply each individual set and then have to revert everything back to it's default unit, again individually. We already have tabs to separate groupings of mod sets by events, or tags, however you choose to organize. The only thing missing is the ability to apply all mod sets in a given group at once. I want to pop my rancor mods on my SLKR team for phase 1? One click. I want to apply all mod sets in a group at once? One click.

2. Ship fleets. Please grant us the ability to pre-set fleets. For the love of all that is holy. You tease us with the squads but make us click individual ships every time we want to load a fleet. Really screws me when I'm clicking in a rush and I take my sep ships in with nego. With the introduction of r8 I'm forced to flip back and forth between fleets on my arena climb more lately and again, it's become quite tedious.

Rewards Structure.

This is obviously an opinion as some people like the current structure of rewards, but I always look for room for improvement. I believe every cooperative guild event should consist of two sets of rewards. 1. Blanket rewards for the guild completing the event, like TB and TW payout. 2. Individual rewards based on contribution to complete said event, i.e. raids. Both of these structures individually already exist, but I believe the combination of the two is the best solution for every single guild event: TB, TW, and raids.

This would encourage the guild as a whole to work together to complete the event to the best of its collective ability AND encourage healthy competition within the guild for additional rewards. Right now, raids payouts are off balance. Obviously we all know HSTR drops outside top 10 are hot garbage and that trend has continued with challenge rancor. If the entire guild drops 10 mil damage exactly, 40/50 of them are getting garbage. Flatten the distribution of rewards for just completing the event (blanket rewards, like #10 payout for OG rancor), but keep the individual scoring structure as well as a bonus for people who do more. This is the healthiest way to ensure fairness in rewards and promote intraguild competition. Likewise, this would benefit TB and TW because the sole blanket rewards have created vegetables. People who just skate by doing the bare minimum and getting the same as everyone else. Keep the blanket rewards as they are, but add in additional bonuses for territory points contributed, combat mission waves completed, etc. Individual incentive promotes contribution and blanket rewards incite cooperation. Best of both worlds.

I welcome thoughtful conversation.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • Strongly agree with the first two suggestions.

    While I dont dislike the general idea it would still create another problem wile solving one. Many TB phases just dont have high enough requirements that every player gets a shot at them. By handing out competitive TB rewards you would creat a new source of conflict within a guild.
  • Kyno
    31082 posts Moderator
    One point of interest, on #2, this is a bigger issue than many realize due to how ships are built within the system. I and many other also wish they would add this feature, but it seems like it may not get as a high a priority as we would all like.


    They would need to undo the update they made to TBs if they were going to do this. The update they made that locks the nodes and deployment once you hit 3 stars, would really make a competitive layer there very unfair. But that's not to say they couldn't make a few changes to make that work out to some extent.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    One point of interest, on #2, this is a bigger issue than many realize due to how ships are built within the system. I and many other also wish they would add this feature, but it seems like it may not get as a high a priority as we would all like.


    They would need to undo the update they made to TBs if they were going to do this. The update they made that locks the nodes and deployment once you hit 3 stars, would really make a competitive layer there very unfair. But that's not to say they couldn't make a few changes to make that work out to some extent.

    That's a really good point about phases not being further playable once they're maxed out. So maybe it wouldn't quite be as feasible for TB.

    I do however think there would be a bigger benefit for TW. Full clears are pretty difficult nowadays so that shouldn't be a major issue. Would encourage people to hop in frequently and attack often. Also would encourage folks to be more efficient with their attacks, as that dictates how many banners they acquire.

  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    Creme wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    One point of interest, on #2, this is a bigger issue than many realize due to how ships are built within the system. I and many other also wish they would add this feature, but it seems like it may not get as a high a priority as we would all like.


    They would need to undo the update they made to TBs if they were going to do this. The update they made that locks the nodes and deployment once you hit 3 stars, would really make a competitive layer there very unfair. But that's not to say they couldn't make a few changes to make that work out to some extent.

    That's a really good point about phases not being further playable once they're maxed out. So maybe it wouldn't quite be as feasible for TB.

    I do however think there would be a bigger benefit for TW. Full clears are pretty difficult nowadays so that shouldn't be a major issue.

    Are they?

    That's completely dependent on your guild and your matchups.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Creme wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    One point of interest, on #2, this is a bigger issue than many realize due to how ships are built within the system. I and many other also wish they would add this feature, but it seems like it may not get as a high a priority as we would all like.


    They would need to undo the update they made to TBs if they were going to do this. The update they made that locks the nodes and deployment once you hit 3 stars, would really make a competitive layer there very unfair. But that's not to say they couldn't make a few changes to make that work out to some extent.

    That's a really good point about phases not being further playable once they're maxed out. So maybe it wouldn't quite be as feasible for TB.

    I do however think there would be a bigger benefit for TW. Full clears are pretty difficult nowadays so that shouldn't be a major issue.

    Are they?

    That's completely dependent on your guild and your matchups.

    I knew you'd show up and make some nitpicky comment. In my 280 mil GP guild constantly matched up between 270-320 mil active GP, yes full clears are few and far between. Maybe after the entire length of the TW but not like it used to be where you'd full clear in 1-2 hours, or like in TB where you can max phase 1 of DS geo in less than 24 before people get in.
  • HTWarrior wrote: »
    Strongly agree with the first two suggestions.

    While I dont dislike the general idea it would still create another problem wile solving one. Many TB phases just dont have high enough requirements that every player gets a shot at them. By handing out competitive TB rewards you would creat a new source of conflict within a guild.

    I was thinking the individual "competitive" rewards for TB could also be more PVE focused. Like "completed 20-26 combat mission waves" and have some sort of tiered structure based on individual involvement. I've never been a huge fan of intraguild rankings anyways tbh.

    That, or they could give us some actual "Achievements" instead of these stupid quests to unlock GLs. Like every 100 combat mission waves completed we get a dump of 200 crystals and set bigger milestones that grant heftier rewards."5000 combat mission waves completed, 500 crystals.", "20,000 combat mission waves completed, 2000 crystals." for example. Anything that would encourage individuals to contribute to their best ability would be a plus.
Sign In or Register to comment.