TW matchmaking revamp

pånøs
152 posts Member
edited February 2021
Hello,
What's the consensus for a potential TW matchmaking revamp? Maybe something like GAC since it is already there?
This time we got matched with (non-sandbagging) opponents having a total of 45 GL vs 25. What the hell are we supposed to do?
Instead of producing more toons and more packs, maybe fix the things that are kinda broken?

Replies

• Options
    pånøs wrote: »
    Hello,
    What's the consensus for a potential TW matchmaking revamp? Maybe something like GAC since it is already there?
    This time we got matched with (non-sandbagging) opponents having a total of 45 GL vs 25. What the hell are we supposed to do?
    Instead of producing more toons and more packs, maybe fix the things that are kinda broken?

Don't hold your breath. CG isn't the best at understanding competitive integrity. Either that or they are just lazy. Our guild has 9 GL's to 1 this time. When one side doesn't bother even clicking into the event you have major issues.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    So, you're saying that your opponents built stronger rosters than you? Why shouldn't they have the benefit/advantage?
  • Options
    The should have matched with someone at their level?
  • Options
    If you are at their GP without them sandbagging (as you pointed out yourself), you are at their level but used your resources as a guild worse.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Guilds with relic phoenix and jawas should only be matched up with other guilds that have relic phoenix and jawas.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    If you are at their GP without them sandbagging (as you pointed out yourself), you are at their level but used your resources as a guild worse.

Lmao, just because we have same gp doesnt mean we need to get matched. There are other closer to us guilds to matched against.
  • Options
    Who cares, it’s just tw
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Lmao, just because we have same gp doesnt mean we need to get matched. There are other closer to us guilds to matched against.

You're right. You don't need to. You also don't need to build strong rosters. You have a choice. It's all up to you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

No but it does mean you can be matched to gether and it's all part of the system.

You can guide your guild on what teams to invest in and do better in both GAC and TW if that is the focus you want to have. It's all about choices, and those choices have meaningful effects on what will happen in the future.
  • Options
    And that system needs tweaking. Until I guide 50 people to make counter and/or get gl what? Outmatched due to this brilliant matchmaking where it doesnt consider gl? Things evolve, matchmaking hasn't. All I am saying.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    And that system needs tweaking. Until I guide 50 people to make counter and/or get gl what? Outmatched due to this brilliant matchmaking where it doesnt consider gl? Things evolve, matchmaking hasn't. All I am saying.

If you care about TW, yes, you should be building counter teams to popular defensive teams and guiding your guild to do the same. No matter what changes are or are not made that is the way.
  • Options
    Are you telling me make 20 counter teams because the algorithm is defect?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Have counters ready for the teams you encounter.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Since your focus in this post is GLs, that would only be 4 counter teams.

But yes I am saying this:
    Waqui wrote: »

And this:
    Kyno wrote: »

If you care about TW, yes, you should be building counter teams to popular defensive teams and guiding your guild to do the same. No matter what changes are or are not made that is the way.

This game is about choices, and many players who cannot "do it all" pick and choose what is their favorite or most enjoyable game mode and craft their choices and focus around that. This is a much better plan then to expect the game to change to suit your play style.
  • Options
    We won, they played bad. Though no matter how many counters we make, +20 difference is too much. My personal take is that matchmaking should be revamped, one reason is the GL, and plenty of reasons as other have pointed in the pinned thread. As i said, things evolve, matchmaking needs to.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    We won, they played bad. Though no matter how many counters we make, +20 difference is too much. My personal take is that matchmaking should be revamped, one reason is the GL, and plenty of reasons as other have pointed in the pinned thread. As i said, things evolve, matchmaking needs to.

Your rosters could evolve too.
  • Options

That didn't age well lol.
  • wharp
    214 posts Member
    Options
    No matchmaking base on only GP is stupid as hell, it is just a number nothing else, the MM is not fair and never it will be. To be fair, it have to take into account at least battle history such as win/loss ratio and/or other mean. They just added the 2 loss rules, it is just a baby step, but they take way too long to add it.

I am glad that EA lost its SW game developpement exclusivity.
  • Options
    If your guild is matched up against another that is ridiculously outgunning you, just post total 💩 teams and collect the rewards at the end. Neither side is going to have fun and it’s not even competitive at that point. MM should be competitive and if they can’t figure it out then game the system so your guild gets the opposite in the next few TWs and you will be the ones with a ridiculous advantage eventually.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

It still holds. Have counters ready for the teams you encounter.
  • Options

:facepalm:
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

:facepalm:

...or don't. It's all up to you. Your choice.