Did they just make real players random allies? RIP Inbox

CookieCrispp
555 posts Member
edited April 2016
So, as of writing this I have 75 ally requests. It's been increasing steadily since reset and I'm confused. I feel like I'm being trolled, or maybe this is just a really weird April fools joke.
None of these people are near me on my pvp ladder, nor has my rank dropped since rewards last night.

Edit: I'm fairly certain that the random ally offers for challenges and ds/ls battles are now real players. This means those people are getting ally requests post battle (or at least, the user is able to send one).
RIP inbox.

Replies

• Snake
    158 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Do you run a unique leader? Could be everyone wants to use them. 58 seems pretty insane, though.
    -Snake
  • CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I run a Rex lead. So, nothing too unique. I'm seeing what I assume are real players on my challenge random leader options.

I think CG just killed our inboxes harder than thhey made the grinding grindier.
  • CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Up to 93. I'd be more irate if this wasn't laughably funny. Maybe I should change my challenge lead to chewy or Lumi, geez.

This is by far the weirdest April fools joke I've heard of. Or this is really annoying and kinda sad.

At least now we can practice our simming by rejecting ally requests!
  • Snake
    158 posts Member
    Options
    I want to know what the number is at in the morning
    -Snake
  • Options
    At least now I'll have buttons to push ingame between sims. .-.
    And I'm not sure I want to see it tomorrow.

Also, almost all the leaders are display bugged and not the level advertised (and not the leader).
  • Options
    So, as of writing this I have 75 ally requests. It's been increasing steadily since reset and I'm confused. I feel like I'm being trolled, or maybe this is just a really weird April fools joke.
    None of these people are near me on my pvp ladder, nor has my rank dropped since rewards last night.

Edit: I'm fairly certain that the random ally offers for challenges and ds/ls battles are now real players. This means those people are getting ally requests post battle (or at least, the user is able to send one).
    RIP inbox.

I think some of the random allies are real and some are bots as I've used the random one before and got to send a friend request.

If you're using Rex as lead I'd imagine you'd get lots of requests from those using fives plus doesn't his lead work a bit like barriss with the health boost for all? If I saw a Rex lead I'd add it straight away Tbh.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »

RIP inbox.

I think some of the random allies are real and some are bots as I've used the random one before and got to send a friend request.

If you're using Rex as lead I'd imagine you'd get lots of requests from those using fives plus doesn't his lead work a bit like barriss with the health boost for all? If I saw a Rex lead I'd add it straight away Tbh.

I've assumed this too, as some of the characters available have seemed far better than the usual low star AI allies.
    I guess I've drawn the short straw for now with the bad luck spam.

Edit inbox to 107. I'm torn between doing my best to stop this now and seeing the number tomorrow.
    Also, the mail system needs a select/delete all command.
  • Options
    I just had a General Grievous on my list as a use.
    he was lvl 71
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    I just had a General Grievous on my list as a use.
    he was lvl 71

I feel so sorry for that person. And that poor poor inbox.
    This is just a really really annoying problem to have at the moment. It almost encourages running a bad lead just to avoid spam.
    And up to 120 requests now.
  • Options

RIP inbox.

I've assumed this too, as some of the characters available have seemed far better than the usual low star AI allies.

Edit inbox to 107. I'm torn between doing my best to stop this now and seeing the number tomorrow.

@CookieCrispp I'd forget the spam issue and look at the positives to this. Ultimately you can have the best and most varied allies yourself by choosing who you accept. If anything this can be a good problem to have
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

RIP inbox.

@CookieCrispp I'd forget the spam issue and look at the positives to this. Ultimately you can have the best and most varied allies yourself by choosing who you accept. If anything this can be a good problem to have
    Well, a few things. I decided to hide behind Lumi to deter the maximum number of requests. Still at 133 at the moment.
    Second, I use my friends list primarily to speed up arena fights and stuff.
    Third, most (all?) of these requests are display bugged. Meaning that most are not level 70 not are their heroes a seven star Rex. It's low levels with random leaders. So it's like chromiums. But for allies. Nobody likes that.
    Fourth, this is really sad and annoying. I liked running my weird trooper teams for challenges, but will have to run boring stuff to avoid spam. Also means I offer less useful stuff to my allies.

• GuinUK
    65 posts Member
    Options

Rex is about the most unique character I've seen - I'd love a Rex ally and I'm top 30 on my server. As a F2P the idea of getting a Premium ally is a very attractive prospect

http://swgoh.gg/u/GuinUK - 0otini - 688-542-619 - A word of advice - never read a pop-up book about giraffes.
  • Options
    Im getting over 200 a day, Id like a way to either disable it or a delete all button would be nice.
    My leader is a 4* Bariss, nothing too crazy.