Galactic Conquest feats

Prev1
With the datamine pulling out a bunch of feats requiring things like:

- Recover at least 500,000 points of Health
- Evade at least 50 attacks
- Inflict at least 100 debuffs on enemies
- Inflict at least 200 Damage Over Time effects on enemies
- etc, etc

Will we finally get counters for this type of stuff?

It's a pain in GC's but you can just redo it with no penalty other than your wasted time but in conquest we are going to be spending energy for each battle.
https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.

Replies

• Options
    How about remove Feets altogether? Why do you now have to put these in literally everywhere? Have you even polled the community of their opinion? I am pretty sure more than the majority feels Feets are not fun.

Having said that Conquest looks like it does not need Feets at all. If you want to spice things up (even after all those Data disks, consumables, stamina etc.) you could do so in a fun way. For example: "To win the battle you have to last for N turns." Or: "To win take out the opposing character X". But do NOT do: "To win remove 10000% TM before the enemy team is dead." That's just not fun. Understood?
  • Options
    str2019 wrote: »
    How about remove Feets altogether? Why do you now have to put these in literally everywhere? Have you even polled the community of their opinion? I am pretty sure more than the majority feels Feets are not fun.

Having said that Conquest looks like it does not need Feets at all. If you want to spice things up (even after all those Data disks, consumables, stamina etc.) you could do so in a fun way. For example: "To win the battle you have to last for N turns." Or: "To win take out the opposing character X". But do NOT do: "To win remove 10000% TM before the enemy team is dead." That's just not fun. Understood?

First of all "literally everywhere" is patently false.

Secondly, what you are describing is what we in the industry call "feats", which is apparently what you are railing about as being "literally everywhere".

Lastly, being "pretty sure more than the majority feels feets (sic) are not fun" is (ready for it?) anecdotal, at best.

Please, good sir, get your act together!

• Options
    If they haven’t gotten counters instilled for feats then keep them out of Conquest until they’re in the game. Simple
  • Options
    feats are not fun.
  • Options
    I'd rather not debate whether feats are fun or not, pretty sure they are not going anywhere but feel free to go whine in another thread.

I just want to know if/when we are going to get a counter.
  • Options
    Antario wrote: »
    feats are not fun.

CERTAIN feats are not fun, overall, I am enjoying them. The biggest problem has been stated many times before, as well as in the thread...counters. We really really need a way to track the status of feats in battle....especially when there is energy involved. GC's are different since you can go in over and over again, I don't want to burn conquest energy only to miss out on a feat because I thought I cleared it.
  • Options
    There will be no counter, you know it, I know it. Just get a piece of paper and a pencil!
  • Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    I'd rather not debate whether feats are fun or not, pretty sure they are not going anywhere but feel free to go whine in another thread.

I just want to know if/when we are going to get a counter.

If we do not give a strong enough opinion against the feats now they will become a permanent part of the Conquest mode. They are a way for CG to control our success rate and it's in every player's best interest not to allow this tool in their toolbox. If you don't I can imagine them creating feats requiring purchasing of crystal-priced Data Disks (or their newest characters, or whatever) to be able to complete them. I can do that (but I rather just straight pay the crystals than waste time doing the accompanied feats) but can you?

The game mode will become about being able to complete the feats rather than being able to complete the course. Because it's just so much easier, or lazier, to lock players out of rewards with the feats than cleverly designing a course that is actually challenging. I understand people are right now focused on whether they can personally pass the current iteration of the Conquest mode but that's unimportant. No matter what they are going to tune the mode so that they achieve their target numbers.

It's difficult to see things that are beyond the horizon but this is an issue that has to be raised now. Conquest from the looks of it can work fine without the feats altogether. They have already made sure only people interested in feats & optimizing points / rosters can compete in GAC. They have already given us a good sample of what to expect of feats from how they are leaving people out of rewards in the GCs. On top of this, another mobile game that recently built a game mode solely on such feats got the community to unilaterally hate it. Do you really want to see what is going to happen with them in Conquest too?
  • Options

If we do not give a strong enough opinion against the feats now they will become a permanent part of the Conquest mode.

And if we do, they will become it anyway.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They will not be removing feats from the game mode, no there will not be a counter in the release of the game mode.

Hopefully we will see this introduced at a later time.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Shucks, I was really hoping they were gonna nail this release. Thanks for the update Kyno.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    The lack of a counter is terrible.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They will not be removing feats from the game mode, no there will not be a counter in the release of the game mode.

Unfortunate. My guess is that regardless of how good the basic game mode people will fixate on this because it will likely have a significant impact on their ability to achieve the best rewards they can due to losing energy every attempt. Not to mention the frustration of thinking you completed the feat, finishing the battle and realizing that you in fact did not and still have no idea how much you missed it.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The lack of a counter is terrible.

Well, to be fair, this is the first time the player base has ever asked for any kind of counter for anything. [/drippingsarcasm]
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    So, we got the GCs, where people complained about the lack of a feat counter.
    Now, we get Conquest, where we can't just endlessly retry like in GC because of the energy, and still no feat counter. Really, CG? This is supposed to be your new flagship mode?
  • Options
    Please wait one more week and build in a counter, it's worth the wait! Feats without counter are a bad dicision to bring it out like this.
  • Options

Lol
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    Please wait one more week and build in a counter, it's worth the wait! Feats without counter are a bad dicision to bring it out like this.

It's probably too late to delay it at this point, so we will have to endure at least one run without the counter. Hopefully it will be implemented in the final version, but considering how long have GCs been here with no counter in sight, I'm not getting my hopes up...
  • Options

Rebellion is built on hope...
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options

Rebellion is built on hope...

....and gets crushed by The Empire.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Options
    How about remove Feets altogether?

if we remove feets, then how will we walk?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Unfortunate. My guess is that regardless of how good the basic game mode people will fixate on this because it will likely have a significant impact on their ability to achieve the best rewards they can due to losing energy every attempt. Not to mention the frustration of thinking you completed the feat, finishing the battle and realizing that you in fact did not and still have no idea how much you missed it.

Not as an argument against a counter, but even in GCs it doesnt have a significant impact on the ability to achieve the feat, and therefore the prize box.

The feats seem to be large scale, and when checking the feats, there is a counter there, just not one in the battle itself. Sorry, that was not stated in my first post.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Not as an argument against a counter, but even in GCs it doesnt have a significant impact on the ability to achieve the feat, and therefore the prize box.

The feats seem to be large scale, and when checking the feats, there is a counter there, just not one in the battle itself. Sorry, that was not stated in my first post.

Except GCs aren't constrained by energy and stamina and you can try any number of times. When every battle costs something, you want to have all the information to avoid blunders. It's more than just convenience here.
  • Options

I see your point with the feats being bigger and taking more than one battle, and that does lessen the impact of not having in battle counters, however, it does not alleviate the issues stated above....GC feats are completely different due to the unlimited amount of attempts you can do to achieve the feat. Wasting energy due to not completing a feat that you thought you hit is going to detract from the overall game mode as ImaSmakya said. I really hope they take this feedback on board and make a counter. There already is a counter, so in theory, it should be that hard to make it visible (I know nothing about coding, so I could be way off)
  • Options
    There will be no counter, you know it, I know it. Just get a piece of paper and a pencil!

You mean put effort into your own success instead of it being given? How absurd dear holotable hero. :smile:
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Please for the love of our sanity/phone structural integrity CG!

431449347b84a111a0c920718613e605.gif
    FULL COUNTER!
  • Options
    exile038 wrote: »

You mean put effort into your own success instead of it being given? How absurd dear holotable hero. :smile:

Care to tell us how we can calculate the amount of health recovered when the feat doesn't count health recovery that goes over max health, but the numbers that show up in game doesn't take that into account? If your characters are always hovering near full health and then get healed up, it's literally impossible to calculate...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Except GCs aren't constrained by energy and stamina and you can try any number of times. When every battle costs something, you want to have all the information to avoid blunders. It's more than just convenience here.

Again not an arguement against a counter, but the times where it doesnt help out number the times it does.

Just like the conversations about GAC score, if you go in with the strategy to max the number needed, you will always benefit. If you need 6 stuns and there is only 1 person left in the red, knowing that does nothing.

But yes this was the exact point brought up recently about this game mode highlighting the need for this, as it could cost the player refreshes and other costs. I 100% agree.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I see your point with the feats being bigger and taking more than one battle, and that does lessen the impact of not having in battle counters, however, it does not alleviate the issues stated above....GC feats are completely different due to the unlimited amount of attempts you can do to achieve the feat. Wasting energy due to not completing a feat that you thought you hit is going to detract from the overall game mode as ImaSmakya said. I really hope they take this feedback on board and make a counter. There already is a counter, so in theory, it should be that hard to make it visible (I know nothing about coding, so I could be way off)

They are not in match feats (isolated to 1 battle) they are per sector and event, so any progress made in a single battle is not lost. But if you fall short in a battle where you could have made it had you "tried more", is a relevant case.
  • Options
    Another issue with not having a counter is when the feat description is vague and can include/exclude actions that a player would consider should count but the game will not count because of internal game logic constraints.
    If you have an instant feedback showing if it did count or not the player can adapt instantly to understand the developer intended behavior.
    This is an issue in GC and will be so in this game mode as well.