Conquest store [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Why? How does others hoarding effect how you play the game?
    It doesn't.
    And why would you impose the way you prefer to play on others?
    It's not about me but them. People are hoarding and hoarding and at some point they will realise that it hurts them more than it helps. Or they will start complaining that they can't "catch up" on other players while sitting on tens of thousands unused currency. All i do is asking to prevent things like this.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    u9mtjo5tnpei.png

asa5vcf8qmd6.png

• Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    It doesn't.
    It's not about me but them. People are hoarding and hoarding and at some point they will realise that it hurts them more than it helps. Or they will start complaining that they can't "catch up" on other players while sitting on tens of thousands unused currency. All i do is asking to prevent things like this.

Then maybe those specific players should stop hoarding? As for a limit on GET currencies, why? If people don’t want to spend it, they should be able to play/hoard as they see fit. The limit in the new store is fine (until it isn’t, it could be too low of a cap etc), but that shouldn’t spread to the other stores imo.

To be clear, I’m not hoarding GET currencies. I played in small guilds for a long time so I still need the capital ship shards and I need a lot of gear for my SLKR farm. If they release a new character needing GET1, I am ok to wait. But that doesn’t mean everyone needs to play like I am.
  • Options
    It doesn't.

How does it hurt them? And even if it did, why do you care?

And who is complaining that they can't catch up whilst they're sitting on unused currency? Can you find me evidence of someone who is doing this?

All I ask is people are left to play the game as they wish, whether that's hoarding store currencies or building massively lopsided rosters like yours.

• Options
    Why? How does others hoarding effect how you play the game? And why would you impose the way you prefer to play on others?

I'd have to speculate "bu77hurt whale dislikes that F2P have a chance of competing with his credit card via efficient resource management," but that's just conjecture.
  • Options
    Why? How does others hoarding effect how you play the game? And why would you impose the way you prefer to play on others?

I'd have to speculate "bu77hurt whale dislikes that F2P have a chance of competing with his credit card via efficient resource management," but that's just conjecture.

Don't think Kisakee is a whale, so it must be something else.
  • Bel
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    nf149bzwx1nx.png
    Armourer
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    No you are only allowed to play the way OP wants, which btw includes ignoring LS toons and LSTB.
    Challenge accepted. Show me a quote where i command people to play the exact way i do. I'm waiting.

Sorry if the wait was too long.
    A very nice way to keep people away from hoarding and to actually play the game as it is meant to, excellent done CG. Now bring in limits for other currencies too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Oh here's some more!

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Nice, wonder if she'll have a node or be store exclusive

Ps. What a mess of a merge
    Post edited by MikKro on
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    vtkxflxm394x.png
    2d7oy875f993.png
    n7h0smra5r9l.png
    iibkb9ii3g43.png
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    MikKro wrote: »
    Nice, wonder is she'll have a node or be store exclusive

Hey, be glad there isn't a single megathread for all things related to Conquest.
  • Options
    This is really minor, but why is the conquest store listed after the shard shop in the shipments menu? The shard shop has always been last and it’s bothering me.
    3v3 FTW
  • Options
    Probably because it's the newest
  • Options
    MikKro wrote: »

Mostly this.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    6xdx0rcvdpbq.png
  • Options
    Antario wrote: »
    A very nice way to keep people away from hoarding and to actually play the game as it is meant to, excellent done CG. Now bring in limits for other currencies too.
    023f8jk4jt6v.jpeg

What's wrong with hoarding? This is a collection game. And nobody shall dictate you what you collect. Some people enjoying collecting toons. Others enjoy seeing 1 billion credit everyday they log in to the game.

IMO hoarding has hurt the game a ton, and I have also advocated for currency limits. It's a reason that nothing significant ever gets added to a new store. They don't want to instantly give it to everyone who has hoarded. It's a reason the prices on things continue to grow and grow, because they want people with hoards to still have to spend money. I've always been amazed that they continue to reward hoarding, and am glad they've finally taken a step to limiting this with the new currency.
  • Options
    At the moment, hoarding for this store doesn’t matter as it’s mostly trash.
  • Options
    khdelboy wrote: »

Hoarding is a big reason why it's trash. But It's not just stores even. Why do you think CG added kyrotechs? Because they couldn't add a new character without a significant amount of people having hoarded all the gear already. So they added something new (to ease the gear crunch! Lol). CG can see all the resources out there and they plan accordingly.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Oh here's some more!
    Still waiting for the general "Ignore the LS and only play DS" quote.
    That in fact IS a reason for people to hoard.
    Antario wrote: »
    023f8jk4jt6v.jpeg

What's wrong with hoarding? This is a collection game. And nobody shall dictate you what you collect. Some people enjoying collecting toons. Others enjoy seeing 1 billion credit everyday they log in to the game.

IMO hoarding has hurt the game a ton, and I have also advocated for currency limits. It's a reason that nothing significant ever gets added to a new store. They don't want to instantly give it to everyone who has hoarded. It's a reason the prices on things continue to grow and grow, because they want people with hoards to still have to spend money. I've always been amazed that they continue to reward hoarding, and am glad they've finally taken a step to limiting this with the new currency.
    People only see disadvantages if you suggest limiting something and ignore the big picture or are unable to see it. I wish more could understand.

Don't think Kisakee is a whale, so it must be something else.
    Yes, it is something else. I do care for the game and the people playing it. In my eyes unlimited hoarding is bad for everyone and the health of the game and as i like to have some more years of fun with it i suggest changes to keep playerbase and game alive.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    @Kyno
    My comment got eaten, please free it.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    For the sake of clarification, it will take several rounds of Conquest to unlock Razor Crest. Also, Armorer shards will not be in the store. The current rewards shown in the store were intended as placeholders and the ability to see the rewards after refreshing was a bug.
  • Options
    Agreed, I was about to say the same thing. They have added several currencies and stores because of hoarding.
    For the sake of clarification, it will take several rounds of Conquest to unlock Razor Crest.
    This is not surprising. Glad you got this out in the open before the event to quell some of the inevitable complaints.
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    baffles me that there are so many complaints over a game mode that isnt even playable yet

"literally unplayable"
  • Ultra
    11597 posts Moderator
    Options
    For the sake of clarification, it will take several rounds of Conquest to unlock Razor Crest. Also, Armorer shards will not be in the store. The current rewards shown in the store were intended as placeholders and the ability to see the rewards after refreshing was a bug.

Safe to assume post-hotfix are still placeholder items?

We'll see the real items once the event goes live on monday?
  • Options
    Also, Armorer shards will not be in the store.
    Great, the only interesting character on that shop has been removed, why am I surprised.
    The current rewards shown in the store were intended as placeholders.
    Hopefully this means better gear/characters will be rotating there and not be exchanged with the same useless gear as always
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Safe to assume post-hotfix are still placeholder items?

We'll see the real items once the event goes live on monday?

That is my understanding, yes.
  • Options

Hoarding is a big reason why it's trash. But It's not just stores even. Why do you think CG added kyrotechs? Because they couldn't add a new character without a significant amount of people having hoarded all the gear already. So they added something new (to ease the gear crunch! Lol). CG can see all the resources out there and they plan accordingly.

Wat? Lol

People started hoarding because CG kept putting in more gear bottlenecks and higher gear reqs for characters, events, etc without alleviating old ones first. With all the power creep that’s gone on, there’s been little to no equitable gear economy relief. They added kyro techs from a pure money stand point. If they’re limiting currency/hoarding now because that’s the only way F2P then they better start alleviating day one gear crunches then.