High Level Gear 10+

KickinGrass
10 posts Member
edited February 2021
Hey y’all.

I have occasionally spent some cash but very rarely. I am a little lost. I am casual I suppose. But for examples I have all of the Kotor characters at lvl 85 and some even fully zeta. I don’t have relics but I have pretty upgraded mods. I have serval squads this way. I am in a solid guild. And I play arena regularly. But there isn’t any store or nodes in which to earn this gear. I think I’ve played every single one out there and I cannot get higher tier gear. When I hit the find option all it brings up is paid bundles or raids and I never get what I need in raids.

I cannot win or be at the top of heroic guilds if I can’t get better gear. See my problem? Am I missing something? I own hundreds of all the available gear in every shop and can’t progress it seems without spending. I’ve been playing for over a year and I don’t know what else I could be doing. I Sim everything. I’ve beaten galactic war. I beat all the challenges. And I’ve finished nearly every node.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Shipments from time to time have g12+ gear. Most (if not all) gear can be found on a battle somewhere.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Options
    So the answer you’re going to get is “hoard harder” “whale harder” or “manage resources better”

Bottom line though is that you’re hitting another bottleneck. This game has had gear bottlenecks since day one and has done little to alleviate those while adding more choke points over time.

It sounds like you’re at the point in the game where you have JKR as your best team. My advice is get them to G12. Zeta JKR fully, zeta Jolee. Also make Hyoda your 5th. The team is best with JKR, Jolee, GMY, Bastilla and Hyoda. Zeta’d on JKR, Jolee, GMY (non lead) and Hyoda. Only zeta Bastilla for her lead or to increase her overall power for DR/Malak.

Your core teams at this point should be JKR, DR/Malak, Padme, GG. All those unlock future toons such as GL’s and epic confrontation toons like GAS. Focus on one team at a time and realize that it’ll take time unless you spend. However to catch up to the current GL metas as well as relic levels will require massive monetary investment. Take your time. Don’t overspend because you’ll get **** in to that feeling of spend to keep up.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So the answer you’re going to get is “hoard harder” “whale harder” or “manage resources better”

Bottom line though is that you’re hitting another bottleneck. This game has had gear bottlenecks since day one and has done little to alleviate those while adding more choke points over time.

It sounds like you’re at the point in the game where you have JKR as your best team. My advice is get them to G12. Zeta JKR fully, zeta Jolee. Also make Hyoda your 5th. The team is best with JKR, Jolee, GMY, Bastilla and Hyoda. Zeta’d on JKR, Jolee, GMY (non lead) and Hyoda. Only zeta Bastilla for her lead or to increase her overall power for DR/Malak.

Your core teams at this point should be JKR, DR/Malak, Padme, GG. All those unlock future toons such as GL’s and epic confrontation toons like GAS. Focus on one team at a time and realize that it’ll take time unless you spend. However to catch up to the current GL metas as well as relic levels will require massive monetary investment. Take your time. Don’t overspend because you’ll get **** in to that feeling of spend to keep up.

Yeah I have been running Bastilla as leader with JKR, GMYoda, Jolee, and Juhani.

I also have a decent squad with Carth leader, Zaalbar, Mission, T3-M4 and canderous.

I also have a bounty hunter squad and the 501st.

And I have a lesser dark side squad. Maybe I’m just playing the Darth Revan journey badly but haven’t gotten him.

I don’t have Padme. Good advice though all around.
  • Options
    What gear specifically are you looking for? Other than a couple pit exclusive pieces(and 1 tank raid I think) virtually all salvage pieces have a node somewhere in the game.
  • Options
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    What gear specifically are you looking for? Other than a couple pit exclusive pieces(and 1 tank raid I think) virtually all salvage pieces have a node somewhere in the game.

One that I need is Mk V stun gun that I need for pretty much everyone above lvl 10. I can’t get it anywhere except the pit raid challenge but after completing it several times I can’t get it. Unless I need to be a top contributer maybe? But none of my characters are good enough to compete without getting better gear.
  • Options
    Wait for it from pit, or buy the salvage from the guild store. That piece is a pain
  • Options
    Wait for it from pit, or buy the salvage from the guild store. That piece is a pain

Indeed. I have so much salvage idk what to do with it. I have hundreds of everything in the store.
  • Options

One that I need is Mk V stun gun that I need for pretty much everyone above lvl 10. I can’t get it anywhere except the pit raid challenge but after completing it several times I can’t get it. Unless I need to be a top contributer maybe? But none of my characters are good enough to compete without getting better gear.
    There are lots of places to obtain Mk V stungun salvage...
    * Shipments / Weekly Shipments
    * raids
    * Guild Event store, Shard store
    * Fleet node
    * Dark Side nodes
    * various event rewards
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

* raids
    * Fleet node
    * Dark Side nodes
    * various event rewards

Sorry but you’re wrong. Maybe in some events I haven’t seen or been able to play because of characters. But I’ve finished all the dark side nodes and there isn’t a single one. They are never in shipments. NEVER. I’ve been waiting for over a year. They are never in the shard store and I have so much salvage I could rebuild the razor crest.
  • Options
    qk5u0sd2zbj7.png
    o0d8xvv6e6c0.png
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

* raids
    * Fleet node
    * Dark Side nodes
    * various event rewards

Sorry but you’re wrong. Maybe in some events I haven’t seen or been able to play because of characters. But I’ve finished all the dark side nodes and there isn’t a single one. They are never in shipments. NEVER. I’ve been waiting for over a year. They are never in the shard store and I have so much salvage I could rebuild the razor crest.

Make sure you are clicking all the way down to the salvage. You are almost never going to see a fully crafted stun gun except in shopments and weekly shipments, but that will cost a nice chunk of crystals. The salvage (that you need 50 of) shows up in all the places people have mentioned, including all those darkside nodes.
  • Options
    qk5u0sd2zbj7.png
    o0d8xvv6e6c0.png
    qk5u0sd2zbj7.png
    o0d8xvv6e6c0.png
    qk5u0sd2zbj7.png
    o0d8xvv6e6c0.png

That’s salvage not the whole thing which as I’ve already stated is what I’m looking for and is impossible to find unless you buy it.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

* raids
    * Fleet node
    * Dark Side nodes
    * various event rewards

Make sure you are clicking all the way down to the salvage. You are almost never going to see a fully crafted stun gun except in shopments and weekly shipments, but that will cost a nice chunk of crystals. The salvage (that you need 50 of) shows up in all the places people have mentioned, including all those darkside nodes.

It’s not ever in shipments. Only in raids which you can’t earn unless you pay to be at the top or access better gear to have better characters. But yes it seems salvage is the only way.
  • Banr_05
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    You can farm the salvage from certain battles as well. A good one is the hard battle with the wicket shards.
  • Options
    qk5u0sd2zbj7.png
    o0d8xvv6e6c0.png
    qk5u0sd2zbj7.png
    o0d8xvv6e6c0.png
    qk5u0sd2zbj7.png
    o0d8xvv6e6c0.png

That’s salvage not the whole thing which as I’ve already stated is what I’m looking for and is impossible to find unless you buy it.
    You don't need to buy the whole thing,.just farm the salvage and build it. Faster, easier and cheaper since you get Carbanti salvage 3x a week through challenges. :D
  • Options
    Yeah @KickinGrass you will almost never find a full stun gun in shipments or anywhere, certainly not on nodes. Another good place to farm stun gun salvage is the bsf node.
  • Options
    Yeah @KickinGrass you will almost never find a full stun gun in shipments or anywhere, certainly not on nodes. Another good place to farm stun gun salvage is the bsf node.

Bsf node?
  • Options
    bastila shan fallen
  • Options
    I do not buy full M5 stun guns, I craft them.
    50 M5 stun gun salvage + 50 M3 carbanti salvage = 1 m5 stun gun.
    I mean, you CAN buy a full gun but they cost 2541 crystals, there is one in my daily shipment right now.

As for the rest, you just have to buy them up a little at a time from guild store, guild event store, championship store, and shard store. For a long time I played by the rule that I never bought anything but g12 finishers (the upper left tile) from the championship store because that stuff is very hard to find. You can also buy gear bundles for real money in the data card store, but it does not go very far and then your grocery budget may suffer ...
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Oh wait, there are also 4 full guns in the weekly store. They are in your store too. Right now. Go look.
    wasv1b92n6y8.png

(edit: took the pic out of the middle of the words)
  • Options
    Oh wait, there are also 4 full guns iwasv1b92n6y8.png
    n the weekly store. They are in your store too. Right now. Go look.

so expensive tho lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Buying full pieces is those who can afford to wait or just do it. The name of the game is farming for things like that, just the salvage.
  • Options
    I do not buy full M5 stun guns, I craft them.
    50 M5 stun gun salvage + 50 M3 carbanti salvage = 1 m5 stun gun.
    I mean, you CAN buy a full gun but they cost 2541 crystals, there is one in my daily shipment right now.

As for the rest, you just have to buy them up a little at a time from guild store, guild event store, championship store, and shard store. For a long time I played by the rule that I never bought anything but g12 finishers (the upper left tile) from the championship store because that stuff is very hard to find. You can also buy gear bundles for real money in the data card store, but it does not go very far and then your grocery budget may suffer ...

Yeah a bit too expensive but you explained something, I need more carbanti because that’s what I’m missing I am sure. A major issue with this game is that there is no comprehensive way to manage your materials. I have so much gear I’ll never use. And I wish I could break it all down and see crafting recipes for what I need.

I don’t spend money on it but I’m about to give up since I can’t progress or finish the journeys to get OG characters. Gets boring if your aimlessly grinding without seeing success.
  • Options
    I wish I could break it all down and see crafting recipes for what I need.

? You just click on the thing you need in the character window, you can see everything that goes into it. Just click on all the components. Click all the way down until it shows you where they are. But surely you already know this?

Roster progress really does slow way down at higher gear levels. The major gripe with this game is that the rare bits you need at lower gear levels are still needed at higher gear levels. Carbantis, stun guns, stun cuffs, kyrotechs, etc. are ALWAYS in need.

You must sharpen your focus if you want relic gear levels. Aimless grinding will not get there. Pick a character and ONLY gear them until you get what you want. Along the way, collect what carbantis, guns, cuffs, kyros that you can. When that character is where you want it, move to the next.
  • Options
    I wish I could break it all down and see crafting recipes for what I need.

? You just click on the thing you need in the character window, you can see everything that goes into it. Just click on all the components. Click all the way down until it shows you where they are. But surely you already know this?

Roster progress really does slow way down at higher gear levels. The major gripe with this game is that the rare bits you need at lower gear levels are still needed at higher gear levels. Carbantis, stun guns, stun cuffs, kyrotechs, etc. are ALWAYS in need.

You must sharpen your focus if you want relic gear levels. Aimless grinding will not get there. Pick a character and ONLY gear them until you get what you want. Along the way, collect what carbantis, guns, cuffs, kyros that you can. When that character is where you want it, move to the next.

Right but you can’t can’t sell gear or look at all of the characters you might want to apply the gear too, often multiple characters need the same materials for different things. But right you’re saying focus on one at a time.