Galactic Conquest Start Time

Once again CG you fail to recognize your game is enjoyed by people in various time zones.

GC officially kicks off while many people are sleeping. Resource management is important to this game. My early understanding of stamina within GC also leads me to believe that being able to use stronger teams early into GC will give them time to gain stamina faster.

Would it not be possible to allow players to start the two week GC at their convenience within a 12 hour window?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Unfortunately that is not likely.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    OP have you thought of moving to the west coast of the usa?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I'm in Australia and it will start at the same time as I start work, so it is what it is.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    Once again CG you fail to recognize your game is enjoyed by people in various time zones.

GC officially kicks off while many people are sleeping.

but do you have any data to support whether many of the players who have SWGOH installed will be sleeping at 11 AM PST when GC launches?

Fortunately, you have 2 weeks to complete it
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm in Australia and it will start at the same time as I start work, so it is what it is.

I'll be at work when it starts, I'll try to sneak in one quick battle. The first battle is usually the easiest and since the energy refresh rate is same as cantina, i can be done with work or almost by the time i get the energy back
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder if the event lasted 3 months if we'd still get this complaint.

50/50 odds.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 13jkelly
    104 posts Member
    Options
    You have 2 weeks to complete it you’ll be good.
  • Options
    Miketo28 wrote: »

GC officially kicks off while many people are sleeping. Resource management is important to this game. My early understanding of stamina within GC also leads me to believe that being able to use stronger teams early into GC will give them time to gain stamina faster.

Would it not be possible to allow players to start the two week GC at their convenience within a 12 hour window?

Are you aware of the fact not everyone lives in the time zone so what's night time for you is mid day for others? Also, it's PVE. Who cares when it starts?
  • Options
    would it be hard to make it start at the same time as arena? we all choose a convenient time for arena, why not use it as the start time?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have been trying to look at the numbers and honestly, I dont think stamina will be your issue, in the context if the problem you are posing.

If you run 8 battles = 120 energy.
    That's 24 hours to refresh.

Stamina at 2% per hour refresh rate means that even if you did this with only 2 teams (each reduced to 60%), you would still refill stamina first before you refilled energy.

Stamina refreshing concurrently makes you always out pacing energy, as long as you can do multiple attacks at each instance. Which means play style and ability to play are bigger factors then when it starts.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    would it be hard to make it start at the same time as arena? we all choose a convenient time for arena, why not use it as the start time?

Yes since its a global event

Kinda like how GAC and TW and TB don't start the same as your arena
  • Options
    I guess since this first go will be a trial run any issues arising from actual gameplay will be taken care of after CG review the data.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    German prime time or riot!!!1!11
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Removed a few comments let's keep this on topic
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I wonder if the event lasted 3 months if we'd still get this complaint.

50/50 odds.

You know actual odds don't matter here. 2 x 0 is still 0.
  • Options
    Launches at 8 pm here, usually right in the middle of the football round... ramble ramble ramble
  • Options
    It starts right now!!
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Miketo28
    206 posts Member
    Options
    Game mode is awesome.

Toons take five hours to restore their stamina back to 100% after one use. So considering this isn't a guild event or PvP, but an individual PvE I am not understanding how allowing each player to have the freedom to start their two week clock at a time convenient to them within a specified time period is a bad idea.
  • Options
    Might not be a bad idea, might just be difficult / impossible to implement.

I mean, it took them 2 years to fix the Teebo stealth bug.