Conquest

Prev1
RyanLee1989
10 posts Member
edited March 2021
So i just tried it and i kinda have a few questions... Who is this mode for? Def ain't for casuals or new players. I been playing for close to 3 years, got close to a grand invested and im getting smashed. I have two decent teams, main team is DR gear 12 all abilities max beside conqueror and leader, bastila in max everything relic 4, hk and darth vader is almost maxed with gear 11... How am i not making it passed the 4th battle on normal? Why is every team i face 3 times stronger then me? Starting to think this game is designed to irritate you too the point where your blowing your paychecks trying to advance... At this point im stuck for prob about 6 months to gather gear... Great game mode EA...
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Each battle has modifiers, you should check those out.

Each successful battle burns stamina of the toons used, so they lose effectiveness if you use them in a row.

The base of this game mode is 2M GP, and it's designed to be progressive, as you develop you will go further and further.
  • Options
    Wait, 3 years with $1000 invested and your best team is a mix of G12 and G11 with one relic? Not sure where your money has been going...my F2P alt has been going less time and my DR team is fully relicd and zetad.
  • Options
    Awesome, so what am i doing wrong then?
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    Options

Idk, you tell us lol

2 years here with 501st and GAS at R7-R5, both Revans, halfway through to get SLKR

I'm on sector 3 alredy btw
  • Options
    Thank you kyno, maybe its just not my time yet and i should keep trying to gear up... And mario and firefox, you guys are so cool. Wish i could level up and gear up as fast as you guys. But thanks for taking the time out of your day to criticize my, i def deserve any kind of criticism i receive... Have a good day...
  • Options
    The mode seems like a mix of original G-War with the whole roster & using toons feel, combined with the zone modifiers from G-Challenge events.

As Kyno mentioned, the game gives you a % bar on your characters when you zone in.

You'll want to rotate out between teams to keep them all 80-100%

Good news is, I noticed when I played again the 2nd day all teams were back up to 100% even if they were 70-80 the day before.

And yes, the game is designed to irritate the crude out of you & make you spend.

I hate it & I'm currently approaching 2 years of wasted time trying to recoup 90 days of $$ spent in a perfect example of the Sunk Cost Fallacy. But that's probably a bit off topic, lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The mode seems like a mix of original G-War with the whole roster & using toons feel, combined with the zone modifiers from G-Challenge events.

As Kyno mentioned, the game gives you a % bar on your characters when you zone in.

You'll want to rotate out between teams to keep them all 80-100%

Good news is, I noticed when I played again the 2nd day all teams were back up to 100% even if they were 70-80 the day before.

And yes, the game is designed to irritate the crude out of you & make you spend.

I hate it & I'm currently approaching 2 years of wasted time trying to recoup 90 days of $$ spent in a perfect example of the Sunk Cost Fallacy. But that's probably a bit off topic, lol.

I think people correlate development/progress with spending, and that's not always accurate. It is much more of a connection in a meta shift or a quick released toon, but still not necessarily true.

A game mode like this is very casual and friendly, and if its irritating you, that may be a more personal feeling/issue, because there is not much if anything in this game mode that needs to be rushed to you csnt live without over the time it takes to develop to do better. It also helps players develop and do better.....
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

I'm not trying to be a ****, I want to help, but what you say is legitimately confusing to me. If you really have spent a thousand dollars over three years and only have two powerful teams, what did you spend that money on?

Anyway, the key to Conquest is depth and patience. Patience is knowing you're probably not going to complete it on the first go. Also patience in the sense of knowing the event lasts 2 full weeks, has global feats for keycards that can be earned from all battles anywhere in Conquest, board-specific feats that can be a hieved only on that specific board, and boss feats that can only be achieved against a boss. But all those feats can be done on multiple tries, so even if you top out at, say, node 8 on board 2, you can farm previous nodes to finish up feats and earn a few more keycards.

Depth is having more than two teams and understanding how datadisks work to make your weaker teams more viable. You don't want to have to ride one team through large chunks of the event because then you're kneecapped by Stamina. Doing 4 nodes with 4 different teams is more efficient than doing 4 nodes with 1 team--at that point you're limited only by energy, not stamina.

Share your roster with us, if you feel like it, maybe we can give you more specific advice. But all we know is what you told us--Darth Revan doesn't even have all his zetas and Vader is only g11. After three years of play, that would be considered a pretty weak free to play roster.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    I been playing for close to 3 years, got close to a grand invested and...I have two decent teams

Sounds like you spent really poorly.
  • Options
    I’ve been playing this game since a few months after it launched. I am at 5.7M GP.

I won’t finish sector 2. It’s stupid hard for “normal” difficulty. No Razor Crest for me
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve been playing this game since a few months after it launched. I am at 5.7M GP.

I won’t finish sector 2. It’s stupid hard for “normal” difficulty. No Razor Crest for me

XDDDD
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options

I'm at 3.6 and I will almost certainly finish sectors 3-4. There's 0 reason you cannot as well.
  • Options
    RTS wrote: »

I'm at 3.6 and I will almost certainly finish sectors 3-4. There's 0 reason you cannot as well.
    There is a reason and a cure...

Nute! 50cc’s of Git Gud - stat!
  • Options

oh so you've posted elsewhere. 3.6 mil. finished sector 2 this morning. No GLs. No DRevs, Gen Sky, Malak...I'll show you mine: https://swgoh.gg/p/462634522/

Now you show me yours.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

What are you doing with all that GP, relic 7 Ugnaught and CUP?!? :D

3 years, 5.2m GP, halfway through sector 5 and only had to break out my GL for SEE at the end of sector 4 so far.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Alt is 1.5 years in, under 3m, Starting sector 3.

I have a confuse.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ive been playing for a little under a year and I'm about to beat sector 1. probably wont be able to get further
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Options

My 850k GP ticket alt with a g13, 2 g12s and a g8-10 Geo team is in sector 2. Won't make it to 3, but still...

What are you doing with that 5.7m GP?
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options
    4m, debating on staying on T6 or easily get T7. If anything, normal difficulty definitely needs a buff
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    MikKro wrote: »
    4m, debating on staying on T6 or easily get T7. If anything, normal difficulty definitely needs a buff

Also they forgot to give us homework.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

aren't we supposed to be getting a pop quiz too?
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options

Huh?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Huh?

Never heard the tale of the person that makes things harder for the rest of the class?

This mode isn't just for you. Lower level people are complaining it's too hard. There needs to be balance.
  • Options

What’s t6 and t7?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

What’s t6 and t7?

Prize crate?
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options

Huh?

Never heard the tale of the person that makes things harder for the rest of the class?

This mode isn't just for you. Lower level people are complaining it's too hard. There needs to be balance.

Got it, but CG did recommend 2m GP for it and a lot of the complaints are below that or rare cases like the 5.7m above
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Huh?

Got it, but CG did recommend 2m GP for it and a lot of the complaints are below that or rare cases like the 5.7m above

If normal mode is too easy for you, then hard mode is your mode. They don't need to make normal mode harder.
  • Options
    But why would Normal need a buff, MikKro? Just wait until the exhibition Conquest is over and work the Hard mode. let the people who are struggling or needing to pace themselves to conserve stamina on just a couple squads keep to the Normal mode.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options
    You guys are taking a random comment way too seriously
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I sincerely doubt 5.7M account struggling in sector 2.

My alt is 2.4M and already reached sector 3. https://swgoh.gg/p/323533964/