Dark Trooper - New GL incoming?

Prev1
So we get Dark Trooper. Maybe as an Marquee like Piett, 3Pac or Momo. And if CG follow their previous candence with GL releasing, we probably get them in the next 5-6 weeks. But which GL could require Dark Trooper? Any thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    If there is a GL coming up, it will probably be between empire and galactic Republic
  • Options
    An awesome choice for GL in the period of Imperial Remnants in my opinion would be Grand Admiral Rae Sloane. Also, I love her, please CG add her to the game?
    But since she's only in comics and books so far, I doubt they will add her unfortunately...

Otherwise for the next GL, the best candidates are Dark Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi from episode 3. Problem with this is that all the toons we got recently aren't from their era at all, and I'd be surprised if they add GL without requiring to relic new toons...
  • Options
    I think it's a tad too soon for new GLs. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm more inclined to say we see a new Epic confrontation character that's in the Malak/GAS/JKL vein. Likely using Troopers and Mandalorians to unlock
  • Options
    I think it's a tad too soon for new GLs. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm more inclined to say we see a new Epic confrontation character that's in the Malak/GAS/JKL vein. Likely using Troopers and Mandalorians to unlock

Incorrect. It is reasonable to expect hints about new GLs very soon. My vote is master Kenobi and mecha maul. Suitless Vader is stupid.
  • Options
    That could be right, especially we had Sabine last month and this month the Phantom II as monthly reward. I guess there is something big in the pipeline which will includes Mandalorians and the new Empire toons.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options

This is my bet as well. Probably to get bo katan
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    DarthAsajj wrote: »
    An awesome choice for GL in the period of Imperial Remnants in my opinion would be Grand Admiral Rae Sloane..

So a GL that I'd imagine many players have never heard of?
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    An awesome choice for GL in the period of Imperial Remnants in my opinion would be Grand Admiral Rae Sloane. Also, I love her, please CG add her to the game?
    But since she's only in comics and books so far, I doubt they will add her unfortunately...

Otherwise for the next GL, the best candidates are Dark Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi from episode 3. Problem with this is that all the toons we got recently aren't from their era at all, and I'd be surprised if they add GL without requiring to relic new toons...

Not an awesome choice at all. Nobody will know them. A small niche even know the name Sloane. Looking at the current GL, who appear as main characters in the main movies, it’s only going to be someone huge.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone thought about a ship GL?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think Dark Trooper will lead to a GL right now. It's still too early to get a Mando GL, there will imo be one (or two, since GLs come in pairs) with deason 4. We may get an Imperial Remnant legendary, although I'm at a loss about who could it be when Gideon is a marquee. Maybe it's all a slow setup for something in s3.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    I don't think Dark Trooper will lead to a GL right now. It's still too early to get a Mando GL, there will imo be one (or two, since GLs come in pairs) with deason 4. We may get an Imperial Remnant legendary, although I'm at a loss about who could it be when Gideon is a marquee. Maybe it's all a slow setup for something in s3.
    Don’t get how there could be a Mando GL, would be weird, think the best we should get with Mando is GAS/DR/Malak level, but to put him as a Galactic Legend alongside Luke Skywalker, Palpatine, Rey and Kylo would be strange cos he just couldn’t compete with them

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Don’t get how there could be a Mando GL, would be weird, think the best we should get with Mando is GAS/DR/Malak level, but to put him as a Galactic Legend alongside Luke Skywalker, Palpatine, Rey and Kylo would be strange cos he just couldn’t compete with them

I agree that he is not GL material now, but how about if he becomes Mandalore at the end of the story? That's worthy of a GL, imo. Remember, it's not only about raw power (in fact, relative character power is at best a guideline here), but more about galaxy-wide recognition. We might get an Epic event in-between, though. There is still a beskar spear Mando to add.
    The way I see it is OG Mando (normal farm) - Beskar Mando (journey) - Spear Mando (journey continued or epic) - possibly s3 Mando - Mandalore (GL, with maybe Thrawn as a counterpart).
  • Options
    I am hoping for a confrontation to unlock Red 5.
  • MasterSeedy
    5039 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Since you can't force someone to relic a ship, I'd love a Red 5 event that requires you to have literally every single ship in the game at 7* to unlock the event, and then at least one really nasty fleet to defeat the event, probably more than one nasty fleet (like fight seps, GRs, Empire, and then Rebels to fight your way through multiple eras of ships to eventually gain Red 5).

I'd love to field Ackbar, Red 5, Han's Falcon, and Biggs and have my opponents quake in fear.
  • Schwartzring
    1425 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I really hope this isn't the case, but, here's my guess for next Epic/GL type events.

DarkTrooper/Gideon/Imp Remnants........
    Sabine/Phantom-II as monthly charaters.........

All = Epic Version Thrawn from Ahsoka/Mando-S3.

Possibly GL of Thrawn v/s Groku/NewEzra/NewAhsoka

Just saying.... I'm calling it now, so I can look back in 6 weeks & see if I was even close.

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Since you can't force someone to relic a ship

Not with that attitude you can't!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I really hope this isn't the case, but, here's my guess for next Epic/GL type events.

DarkTrooper/Gideon/Imp Remnants........
    Sabine/Phantom-II as monthly charaters.........

All = Epic Version Thrawn from Ahsoka/Mando-S3.

Possibly GL of Thrawn v/s Groku/NewEzra/NewAhsoka

Just saying.... I'm calling it now, so I can look back in 6 weeks & see if I was even close.

I don't think they would add a character from a show that isn't even shooting yet. Don't get me wrong, I do think that we will get Thrawn GL, just not at this point.
  • Options
    Don’t count out Boba Fett. Everyone in the Galaxy knows his name and face. I’d love to see a GL Boba Fett or Jabba for my bounty hunters
  • Options
    An epic confrontation Bo Katan requiring conquest currency to take to 7*? Imperial remnant/mando’s needed for the event?
    That’s my prediction anyhow
    797-722-718
  • Options
    GL grogu confirmed :)
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    An awesome choice for GL in the period of Imperial Remnants in my opinion would be Grand Admiral Rae Sloane..

So a GL that I'd imagine many players have never heard of?

Right? I’m not sure why people think GL’s will be anything other than the major characters from the films. I would bet my money on Master Kenobi and Lord Vader as the next two GL’s. They come in pairs and these two are massive characters and could be made into a pretty awesome GL event. Mustafar battle anyone?
  • Options
    snoke gl xD
  • Options
    oooo thats a really good idea....leia and snoke. We need more leias that are actually good.
  • Options
    I don't think they would add a character from a show that isn't even shooting yet. Don't get me wrong, I do think that we will get Thrawn GL, just not at this point.

Valid point, I was getting ahead of myself, that is more like a year away, lol.
  • LordDirt
    5005 posts Member
    Options
    Tags we have now without GLs:

LS

501st
    Bounty Hunter
    Clone Trooper
    Droid (doubtful)
    Ewok (doubtful)
    Galactic Republic
    Jawa (doubtful)
    Mandalorian
    Old Republic
    Phoenix
    Rebel
    Rebel Fighter
    Rogue One
    Scoundrel
    Smuggler

DS

Bounty Hunter
    Droid (doubtful)
    Empire
    Geonosian
    Imperial Trooper
    Mandalorian
    Nightsister
    Old Republic
    Scoundrel
    Separatist
    Sith Empire
    Tusken (doubtful)

They always come in two and one DS and one LS. A few of those categories have way too few characters to even think of having a GL at this time. With Andor and Ahsoka shows coming and the GLs being all from Disney so far it might give us a hint to who we might get.

Maybe Phoenix and Empire? Rogue One and Empire? Rebel and Empire? Figure we might hear about new Gls in April or after.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Rouge One is probably doubtful unless if the Cassian show is a hit
  • Options

So you're saying don't worry about the rouge without first making sure you have a good foundation?
  • Options

JKL was not an Epic Confrontation. It was a Journey Continues. Just to clarify.
  • Options

So you're saying don't worry about the rouge without first making sure you have a good foundation?

Precisely. They only made slkr and rey, etc. because of the fact that the sequels were out and were (kinda) a big hit.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options

Precisely. They only made slkr and rey, etc. because of the fact that the sequels were out and were (kinda) a big hit.

Wooosh