Add Fleet Battles to Conquest.

Fleets should be added to Conquest.

Alternate pathways could lead to fleet battles rather then always squad battles for those who developed ships equal to heroes.

Data Discs could have minor text changes to specify when and/or which ones double for ships as well heroes, or just make discs for ships and players can angst over which ones they want even more!

Maybe a Boss fight could be a two in one battle, where the player has to beat the boss squad fight and then a fleet battle to finish the Sector.

Not involving such an important part of our rosters in a game mode as great as Conquest sends the wrong message to players (especially new players) about Fleets and their importance in SWGOH.

I hope to see some Fleet battles added in the future!

PS: Great game mode ! I'm happy it is here despite the lack of fleets =)

Replies

• Options
    Definitely, fleet should be part of the conquest and the galactic challenges
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    i could do fleet battles but only if its like 1-2 per sector nothing too major
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

As of now you can choose to avoid battles, so having fleet involved wouldn't force it on people.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    We need more ships
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Yes to anything that adds more ships or things to do with our ships.

This mode and GCs are built with this in mind, so we are likely to see it down the road.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    We need more ships

Only if there are multiple ship nodes in a row. If there’s one every now and again stamina won’t be an issue.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »

As of now you can choose to avoid battles, so having fleet involved wouldn't force it on people.

i imagined if they added them that they would either do a row so your forced to attack one, or have it as a chock point where the path leads to that one node only
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    Fleets should be added to Conquest.

Alternate pathways could lead to fleet battles rather then always squad battles for those who developed ships equal to heroes.

Data Discs could have minor text changes to specify when and/or which ones double for ships as well heroes, or just make discs for ships and players can angst over which ones they want even more!

Maybe a Boss fight could be a two in one battle, where the player has to beat the boss squad fight and then a fleet battle to finish the Sector.

Not involving such an important part of our rosters in a game mode as great as Conquest sends the wrong message to players (especially new players) about Fleets and their importance in SWGOH.

I hope to see some Fleet battles added in the future!

PS: Great game mode ! I'm happy it is here despite the lack of fleets =)

+1 to all of this.

I'm also enjoying this game mode. Keeps me engaged every single time I log in. I'll be sad when they finally move the cadence to its normal 2 weeks on/off rotation.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    I wouldn’t mind an alternative hybrid galactic conquest down the road which would involve a space battle before land battle. Kinda like GAC 3v3 is a change of pace, not all the time space battles but having it intermittently would be cool.
  • Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    I wouldn’t mind an alternative hybrid galactic conquest down the road which would involve a space battle before land battle. Kinda like GAC 3v3 is a change of pace, not all the time space battles but having it intermittently would be cool.

like the entire sector 1 is fleets only nodes?

like were fighting our way through space to reach the planet???

SO WE CAN DEPLOY THE GARRISON?????????

CONQUEST STYLE !!!!!!!!!

giggity
  • Options
    God no. Hated ships since they were 1st put in
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

How about making ship nodes optional? The multiple paths structure of Conquest is ideal for that.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »

like the entire sector 1 is fleets only nodes?

like were fighting our way through space to reach the planet???

SO WE CAN DEPLOY THE GARRISON?????????

CONQUEST STYLE !!!!!!!!!

giggity

Are other people allowed to say giggity?
    maxresdefault.jpg

I wood also love to see some love for our smooth, hard, battle-tested vessels full of (space) seamen.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

How about making ship nodes optional? The multiple paths structure of Conquest is ideal for that.

What is with people trying to get out of playing the game?

"Remove 3v3"

"Let us not play ships"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

What is with people trying to get out of playing the game?

"Remove 3v3"

"Let us not play ships"

Dunno, I personally like ships (although they have a whole lot of flaws). This just seemed like a good idea to make both camps somewhat happy.
    As for 3v3, the biggest strike against it imo is that there is no way to practice and characters probably aren't tested for it, but that's going off topic.
  • Options
    I personally think ships are badly implemented. They act like characters. Having a character stay mostly still while waiting for its turn is one thing. Boxers bounce on the balls of their feet without moving much waiting for an opening.

But SPACE SHIPS? Just sitting there? Motionless? What is that? I know they were trying to reuse as much code as possible between squad & fleet, but the outcome is startlingly weird.

That said, I do very well in ships, and I certainly don't mind winning all the time so I don't hate the fleet mode. I just wish it looked even a tiny, remote bit like space combat.
  • Options
    I want to add my vote to adding fleet battles to Conquest. I love ships and want more ways to use my fleets.
  • Options
    There ought to be fleet nodes in conquest. But that would mess up the whole cantina design where the fleet battle tables are in an entirely different room from squad battles. I would let that slide though.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    There ought to be fleet nodes in conquest. But that would mess up the whole cantina design where the fleet battle tables are in an entirely different room from squad battles. I would let that slide though.

Fleets are already a part of GAC, which is outside the ship room.
  • Options

Fleets are already a part of GAC, which is outside the ship room.

I let that slide too!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Semi-off topic, but does anyone else find themself entering Ships when you mean to enter Conquest?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Semi-off topic, but does anyone else find themself entering Ships when you mean to enter Conquest?

Nope.

I do enter the events table some times when to get to the side bar events
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Did you used to do this with GW?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Did you used to do this with GW?

Strangely no. But I sometimes hit Events when I’m trying to go to Scavenger.
  • WiseJedi
    218 posts Member
    Options
    I really hope to see fleet battles within Conquest mode and galatic challenges. Not to mention the minimum one phase involving ships in a possible raid. There should be a deathstar raid or iconic trenchrun sequence