Sabine getting endless bonus attacks

Prev1
I’m no expert, so maybe this is how it should be, but is it normal for Sabine to get endless bonus attacks until the character she’s attacking is dead? I didn’t think she was that powerful. I had this first when she easily took out my darth vader (my Vader is relic 3, all abilities maxed with decent mods, Sabine was gear 12). Any advice would be much appreciated! 🙂

Replies

• Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sabine is attacking repeatedly due to the modifier for rebels
  • Options
    Oh ok thanks
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Random thought. If she gets 5 hits In on her first attack and they all crit, does she attack 5 more times (with each attack dealing damage 5 times)? With the 1st of 5 new attacks also having a 75% chance to call a new attack on each damage? If so she could escalate quickly.
  • Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    Random thought. If she gets 5 hits In on her first attack and they all crit, does she attack 5 more times (with each attack dealing damage 5 times)? With the 1st of 5 new attacks also having a 75% chance to call a new attack on each damage? If so she could escalate quickly.

I dont know how it stacks exactly, but yes, she gets a ton of attacks
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options

I’ve no idea of the math you’re doing here, but the rebels with that buff all escalate quickly.

Han doesn’t only shoot first, he keeps on going first over and over.

I imagine on the higher up sectors these buffs are a frikin nightmare.
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »

I’ve no idea of the math you’re doing here, but the rebels with that buff all escalate quickly.

Well the buff says whenever they score a critical hit during their turn they have a 100% chance of attacking again. Depending on the tm and debuffs of her target she can deal damage up to 5 times on a single attack. So, it seems that means her single attack can call up to 5 more additional attacks which would all deal damage 5 time each.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options

Padme and/or Kenobi - problem solved.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Vengence
    1102 posts Member
    Options
    Just get the anti buff data disc 😂
  • Options

Well the buff says whenever they score a critical hit during their turn they have a 100% chance of attacking again. Depending on the tm and debuffs of her target she can deal damage up to 5 times on a single attack. So, it seems that means her single attack can call up to 5 more additional attacks which would all deal damage 5 time each.

Yea but it says the chance is reduced to 25% after the first attack. I suspect she’s getting 25% on each crit of her basic (so up to 5 attempts). My first attempt against her, she killed one unit from this chain with her first attack and then another unit with her second attack. After that, I decided to just kill her first.
  • Options

Yea but it says the chance is reduced to 25% after the first attack. I suspect she’s getting 25% on each crit of her basic (so up to 5 attempts). My first attempt against her, she killed one unit from this chain with her first attack and then another unit with her second attack. After that, I decided to just kill her first.

It's reduced by 25% each attack. But the first attack hits 5 times, so 5 hits with a 100% chance of triggering a new attack, meaning 5 new attacks all dealing 5 hits. The 1st of which has 5 hits with a 75% chance each of calling a new attack. At least that's my theory. I haven't actually let her get any hits in myself.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    It's reduced by 25% each attack. But the first attack hits 5 times, so 5 hits with a 100% chance of triggering a new attack, meaning 5 new attacks all dealing 5 hits. The 1st of which has 5 hits with a 75% chance each of calling a new attack. At least that's my theory. I haven't actually let her get any hits in myself.
    That's all wrong.. Every hit after the first is having a 25% chance to trigger the effect if it is critical. So if she hits 5 times and the first is a crit the following 4 don't have any effect whatsoever as the first already made sure to trigger a second attack chain. If any hit of this second volley is a crit she's having another 25% chance to trigger it and if it triggers all following hits in the same chain are doing nothing regardless if crit or not.
    So if she's having only a single crit in every volley and this one is triggering the effect you will have more holes than any cowboy in any western film.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I thought I’d share what just happened in conquest. Sabine did her aoe attack (5 crits). This prompted a basic on Starck which missed. She then continued the chain of basics with 4 crits, 4 crits, and then dead Starck. So this opening aoe seems to have given her 5 bonus basics. I’m guessing each hit of each basic has a 25% chance of prompting another basic attack.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    There certainly seems to be something up with the 25%. Even Kanan, Zeb, Chopper, and Hera are getting long strings of attacks on a regular basis. Confirmation bias is totally real, but you know what I mean when it happens.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Whatelse73
    2164 posts Member
    Options
    JainaSolo wrote: »
    I’m no expert, so maybe this is how it should be, but is it normal for Sabine to get endless bonus attacks until the character she’s attacking is dead? I didn’t think she was that powerful. I had this first when she easily took out my darth vader (my Vader is relic 3, all abilities maxed with decent mods, Sabine was gear 12). Any advice would be much appreciated! 🙂

There's a disc for "defensive buffs" that adds crit immunity to characters. Throw that on and you can get through the phoenix teams easily because if they can't crit, they can't keep attacking.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    JainaSolo wrote: »

There's a disc for "defensive buffs" that adds crit immunity to characters. Throw that on and you can get through the phoenix teams easily because if they can't crit, they can't keep attacking.

During their turn lol
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    There certainly seems to be something up with the 25%. Even Kanan, Zeb, Chopper, and Hera are getting long strings of attacks on a regular basis. Confirmation bias is totally real, but you know what I mean when it happens.

Actually between this and the OR multi attacks, I can't fight those teams on my old phone. It lags too much and I time out unless I use a GL.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Actually between this and the OR multi attacks, I can't fight those teams on my old phone. It lags too much and I time out unless I use a GL.

On highest difficulty I time out even with GLs, they can’t kill me but their long streaks of attacks just soaks up the time. I think we shouldn’t have a timer in conquest mode.
  • Options
    That's all wrong..

Every hit after the first is having a 25% chance to trigger the effect if it is critical.

So if she hits 5 times and the first is a crit the following 4 don't have any effect whatsoever as the first already made sure to trigger a second attack chain.

If any hit of this second volley is a crit she's having another 25% chance to trigger it and if it triggers all following hits in the same chain are doing nothing regardless if crit or not.

So if she's having only a single crit in every volley and this one is triggering the effect you will have more holes than any cowboy in any western film.
  • Options
    You can do the same to her with bb8 and a resistance lead buddy if you have booming voice. Though for some reason it only works if its just the two of them.
  • IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    One of the recent modifiers in gc gave the same buff to rebels. I tried my phoenix and they didn’t get more than a couple of extra turns, so I’m pretty sure the conquest one is borked. Fyi my sabine and ezra are both r5 and crit chanced up the wazoo.

Lost my r6 malak to her along with many others. Utter bull.

• Options
    alexweefs wrote: »
    That's all wrong..

Every hit after the first is having a 25% chance to trigger the effect if it is critical.

So if she hits 5 times and the first is a crit the following 4 don't have any effect whatsoever as the first already made sure to trigger a second attack chain.

If any hit of this second volley is a crit she's having another 25% chance to trigger it and if it triggers all following hits in the same chain are doing nothing regardless if crit or not.

This is all wrong.

If you read my example, Sabine missed on her second attack (first basic attack after aoe). She got 0 crits on that attack as a result (0 times 100%= 0 times 25%). She then did a second basic on my unit. This then continued until my unit died.

If the ability was working as written, she should not have attacked after missing on the first basic.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

On highest difficulty I time out even with GLs, they can’t kill me but their long streaks of attacks just soaks up the time. I think we shouldn’t have a timer in conquest mode.

Either that or simply drop the multi-attack chain buffs that can go on and on. I had one where I was attacked 27 times in a row (yes, I counted - no I don't have a vid) Luckily I was running Rey, so no losses, but still. That's just clock-eating silliness.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Stuns and dazes are both my friend and your friend, friend.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I would love to see the actual math from CG on this.

I had her start shooting on a full power Relic-5 Bossk & never stop shooting till he was dead.

I actually put my phone down because it went on for so long, like 2 minutes straight, it was pretty ridiculous actually.
  • Options
    I would love to see the actual math from CG on this.

I had her start shooting on a full power Relic-5 Bossk & never stop shooting till he was dead.

I actually put my phone down because it went on for so long, like 2 minutes straight, it was pretty ridiculous actually.

I had a Sabine do the same thing. I put the phone down, got a drink, she was still slaying. I wish my Sabine did that!
    7xcvvjp9ip14.jpeg
  • DBofficial125
    42 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

It's worth noting there appears to be a bug in it. Rebels get another turn if they crit. Sabine continues to get extra shots even when she misses. It only stops with a non-crit connect, the miss is counting as a crit.
  • Options

It's worth noting there appears to be a bug in it. Rebels get another turn if they crit. Sabine continues to get extra shots even when she misses. It only stops with a non-crit connect, the miss is counting as a crit.

Maybe its a critical miss?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Snowbird13 wrote: »

Maybe its a critical miss?

Then she should roll a d20....

• Options
    That whole modifier is broken. After the first bonus attack, the chance is supposed to be reduced to 25%. Yet I've seen every phoenix character get like 10 - 12 attacks in a row with that modifier in effect.