How to fix the raid rewards

Itsa_me_Malario
1308 posts Member
edited March 2021
The current raid system in this game works just like any other mmorpg, you need certain amount of people to dedicate time and effort to beat multiple boss, at the end of the raid everyone gets the same reward for participating and beating the raid, here we also need everyone to participate for the raid but then 80% of the guild members get scraps, even though they do just as much damage as the other 20%. This isn't healthy, why would half the guild even participate in the raid when they know all they gonna get is peanuts?

Right now they are 220 aeromagnifiers up for grabs, only 57 of those are giving to the 25 members while the other 163 is givin to the other 25 members, this should change into a single loot box for beating the raid, 5 aerpmagnifiers should be givin to each member and a purple gear box just like the Sim version of the raids.
Raids are group efforts, most of the guilds that can complete the raid, need all of their members to participate, just like a TB and TW it's a group effort so the entire group should be rewarded not just the few that got better rng then the other 50% of the guild

The fix to this would be giving everyone in the guild the same reward, just like how the Sim works, we don't, raids in any mmorpg gives equal reward to all participants since you need everyone to accomplish it, this should be the same here

Replies

• Options
    This is one of the core greasy tactics of CG (and a lot of mobile games, in general). Virtually every aspect of the game has you competing with other people, whether with strangers in Arena or your own guild members in raids, for a limited pool of resources that are ridiculously top-loaded, which I can only assume is to encourage (flying) whales. (Sorry, I'm a Gojira fan).

Adding simulations to ALL raids could help, but look how long it took to add the sim option to HAAT. And do most guilds even utilize it? I've heard that a lot don't, and I haven't seen many (any) posts on if it's worthwhile or not, as of yet. Getting back on track..

To play devil's advocate, I do see problems with a system where loot is evenly distributed no matter what (Oh, hi communism) - people who don't put in effort would be as equally rewarded as those who put in 110%, which might cause some players to lose motivation to improve and some might just go on autopilot (and I imagine this would **** off the other players who actually put in effort, too).

As you might imagine, I don't have any concrete ideas for alternatives. The only idea that holds any water would be if reward ranks were more evenly balanced and not such a heavy emphasis on the top 5%, that might some.

Also, since you brought up MMORPG's... In the ones I played, mainly EverQuest and old WoW (and Anarchy Online, DAoC, Ultima Online, etc. etc. Way too **** many!), we would have massive raids (in EQ, early raids were often 100+ players. The normal raid size was 72! That was 'fun' coordinating) and only 3-5 pieces of loot would drop.. Thankfully just the act of killing dragons and bosses while socializing with friends / strangers was usually rewarding in itself, but once in a while people would get mightily cheesed. "I haven't gotten loot in X *beep* raids, and you give *THEM* the Cut-off Jean Shorts of Invisibility?!" /gquit

The later games I played where everyone would get rewards from raid bosses, or some sort of currency to spend on items at some store outside of the raid helped solve that 'issue', but then it always lacked the feeling of achievement / excitement from the older raids too. IE: "I'm just 100 currency away from my next upgrade!" versus "Oh sweet baby Jebus - we just killed Lord Nagafen and I got the freakin' Cloak of Flames!". The first sentence is something you'll forget in a few weeks, while the 2nd is something you'll probably remember for many years, if not the rest of your life.

Sorry if I was being a tad salty, went on way too many tangents and didn't offer any new helpful ideas.