WAT Unique

SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited March 2021
I know this has been discussed before on Uniques vs Leader abilities, and many have pointed out the inconsistent inconsistencies, but did CG ever give an official reason as to why WAT’s unique persists after his death? Yes, I know they wrote “blah blah blah” in his kit, but they never, from my understanding, explained why they treat WAT differently to all others (Barriss anyone?).
SnakesOnAPlane
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    And Kylo, his kit shows “defeated during his turn and can’t be revived” - don’t say after his turn they can’t be. 😜

And if he dies then why can’t you revive them after? See, his unique persists after death. 😆
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    No idea lol
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Options
    If they get killed during hi turn they can never be revived again in this battle. His unique triggers during his turn and not afterwards.
  • Options
    Thats like saying all the damage someone does shoulf be reverted when he dies
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Thats like saying all the damage someone does shoulf be reverted when he dies

Uniques not persisting after death is the rule CG wrote, not us.

But the flip side to your argument: That’s like saying any other typical revive shouldn’t give them more than 0% HP? You want them to become a NS Spirit or Jedi ghost? That’d actually be cool!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I know this has been discussed before on Uniques vs Leader abilities, and many have pointed out the inconsistent inconsistencies, but did CG ever give an official reason as to why WAT’s unique persists after his death? Yes, I know they wrote “blah blah blah” in his kit, but they never, from my understanding, explained why they treat WAT differently to all others (Barriss anyone?).

Can you be more specific?

Wat’s overseer unique should expire if he is defeated and the unit is bugged if it’s not expiring after his defeat

Are dark side droid and separatist allies not losing +30% max protection? Or is the +30% Critical Avoidance not expiring while they have Heal over Time from Wat after he is defeated?
  • Train
    56 posts Member
    Options
    If you are referring to Mass Manufacture, the unique provides Wat additional abilities. The abilities provide the tech to other characters. Ability effects persist after death. Overseer on the other hand provides a benefit directly through the unique and that benefit should be lost if Wat dies (which I’m 99% sure it does). It is consistent in this case.

If JKA does his AOE, gives everyone offense up, and then dies, the offense up doesn’t disappear from his allies. In the same way Wat’s tech doesn’t disappear as it’s a locked buff provided by an ability.
  • Options
    Unique…Death…Gotta go!

Re Barriss
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Unique…Death…Gotta go!

Re Barriss

Oh you’re trolling

Thought his unique was bugged but it’s SOAP being SOAP

Next time put more effort into it