So where are you in Conquest and how'd you spend?

Prev13
NicWester
8928 posts Member
With 5 days left I wanted to get a sense for the pacing of the event. I know some folks finished in, like, three days, but if you can finish in 3 days with refreshes or 13 days without refreshes, then why wouldn't you wait longer?

I'm at 381/425, I've paid for three energy refreshes. I haven't used any stims. I haven't used any consumables.

I've moved datadisks around to explore how those work and to come up with fun combinations. I think that cost me probably 50 at most Conquest Credits. Also bought some g12 Multitool salvage because you can never have enough and I wanted to see if the jawa traders refresh (they don't--once you buy something it's permanently out of stock for that jawa).

I'm not sure if I need anything out of the Conquest store, so odds are I'll be blowing my wad on G12 stuff from the jawas. Might be a good source of r5 salvage.

So how far are you, how much and where did you spend, and what will you change going forward?
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    5.2m GP, SLKR only GL.

I finished everything within the first five days including feats. The event launched just prior to "Any Energy" day, so I used that to buy the 3x 50-crystal refreshes each day of that activity. It was more entertaining than just clicking "SIM" with Fleet, Normal, or Mod energy.

I've been purchasing Stun Guns and Droid Callers only from the Conquest store.

Purchased a stim pack once or twice, no other consumables.

Like yourself I have spent some Conquest currency to try different data disk combos to earn feats or try fun teams.

Just today I used Thrawn, Gideon, Shore and Wampa against Phoenix. Did the standard buff on turn and double cooldown cards.

Constantly remove TM, spam Empire specials to maintain Fracture and Wampa just roared about 15 turns straight. Once he finally used his basic it was almost 300k.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    I have completed the event with my main 5.5M and am trying to complete it with my alt 2.4M 305/425 (though with my alt I only want the T6 crate so 360 is my goal).

I will definitely equip fewer data disks to start and wait for better ones in order to minimize the loss of conquest credits.

I also spent 3 energy refreshes, which I found completely unnecessary for Normal mode.

I need stun guns, stun cuffs and the G12 gear so I purchased those items. I would probably hoard a bit more next time. On my alt account I purchased a stim pack and could probably just wait for stamina refresh next time (I find the energy required in excess as I have only 3 usable teams in sector 5).

Overall enjoying the new mode, but it could use some tweaks and I could adjust my play a bit as well.
  • Options
    I finished up 425 two days ago. Roughly 5 refreshes total, most in the last day or so to clean up remaining feats/3* nodes. Only bought one consumable, and one stim pack.

It was fine, I welcome the additional content, but I was glad to be done with it. With the tuning what it is, I have some concerns about the scaling up on hard mode, but we'll see.
  • GunnerFCm
    154 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I'm at 405/425, have refreshed twice maybe, and only because I had some time to kill and wanted to explore. No stim packs and no consumables. 3* on all nodes. I've still got the "evade 50 times" feat to do, which is worth 15 pts, so I've just got to find 5 more from somewhere in the next few days for the red crate. I've definitely spent conquest currency on data disc management, more to try out new combos than out of pressing need, although I suspect that will change on hard mode.

edit: I feel like the balance is decent and I'm loving the new game mode. I've always been more interested in PvE and collection, and this seems to hit both. Looking forward to not completing hard!
  • Options
    I finished sector 1 with my 1.1 mil team about a week ago. Havent bought anything, refreshes or consumables. I might try to do sector 2 if I have time in the coming days. But we'll see.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    nxsk9mnmyzwk.jpg
    5pyjnsy2xlf7.jpg

No refreshes. I did move discs at the end to set up for going back to get feats to max rewards, but probably could have not done that and just used more attempts over the next few days.

I am going back now (started last night) getting as many feats and key cards as I can.

Hard is going to be interesting and more costly.
  • Options
    I am done and spent 0.
  • Options
    I finished in 3 days. I think I had 8 refreshes total, but I didn’t mind spending at the time since it was fun. However, I now regret spending (only a little) because there’s not much to do on there after you finish.

I swapped disks a few times but then stopped when I realized what it was costing. If swapping was free, I’d probably still be playing the game mode.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    374/425, all battles done, now just finishing feats for the last crate. No refreshes. Looking forward to hard mode.
  • Options
    417/425 keycards, no refreshes, no data disk movements, no consumables. Just waiting on energy to wrap up a couple more feats. 5.9mil GP, 3 GLs, $80 lifetime spend.

The game mode is fun and I like the pacing. I think other areas of the game, like PVP, needs to be reduced or scaled back. Overall game now takes too much time.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    So it looks like the refreshes are unnecessary. That's good. Removes any pressure from the event, it's a complete at your own pace thing.

Just wish I knew what to spend conquest currency on. I'll keep an wye out in the store for gear. So far nothing helpful has shown up--but I have,'t checked it regularly.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    So it looks like the refreshes are unnecessary. That's good. Removes any pressure from the event, it's a complete at your own pace thing.

Just wish I knew what to spend conquest currency on. I'll keep an wye out in the store for gear. So far nothing helpful has shown up--but I have,'t checked it regularly.

In the store, the only items I have seen worth spending on are stun guns, stun cuffs and droid callers (assuming you don’t require consumables).
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

For normal mode, sure.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    For people near the recommended threshold for Hard it seems like a good portion of the difficulty will come down to RNG with the disc nodes in Sector 1.
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    GunnerFCm wrote: »
    I'm at 405/425, have refreshed twice maybe, and only because I had some time to kill and wanted to explore. No stim packs and no consumables. 3* on all nodes. I've still got the "evade 50 times" feat to do, which is worth 15 pts, so I've just got to find 5 more from somewhere in the next few days for the red crate. I've definitely spent conquest currency on data disc management, more to try out new combos than out of pressing need, although I suspect that will change on hard mode.

edit: I feel like the balance is decent and I'm loving the new game mode. I've always been more interested in PvE and collection, and this seems to hit both. Looking forward to not completing hard!

I found the easiest way to do that feat was Jedi w/ GM Yoda vs. Nightsisters. Use GK and Hermit Yoda as well since they have skip turn abilities. Just spam Yoda's foresight ability and every time you get attacked, it counts as a dodge.
  • Options
    Completed Sector 5, 407/425, bought two energy refreshes, bought a few consumables to see how they work. Have not bought any gear from the jawas yet, they are not selling anything that I really need. Moved data disks several times to experiment. Will spend the next few days finishing up some feats to reach the final red box
  • Options
    4mill GP(I’m a hoarder) 2GL’s

Done in 4 days, max reward, no refreshes, only feats I didn’t finish were remove 700% turn meter. I didn’t have the team or data cards to come close.

I normally am the first to crush CG on stuff but a big applause for not needing every feat to get max rewards...

For those who don’t have A GL Vader is the hands down MVP of Conquest!
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    I want a GL Vader!
  • Options
    Foxer2373 wrote: »

Done in 4 days, max reward, no refreshes, only feats I didn’t finish were remove 700% turn meter. I didn’t have the team or data cards to come close.

I normally am the first to crush CG on stuff but a big applause for not needing every feat to get max rewards...

Please explain how is 4 days possible with no refreshes. There are 14 fights per sector. 14×5×15=1050 total energy minimum. We started with 144 energy, and only get 120 energy a day...

1050-144=906.

906/120=7.55...

so with no missed fights you need a minimum of 7.5 days from launch to complete without using any refreshes.
  • Options
    Refreshes. That's how.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    412/425. Sector 5 complete (no refreshes). Spent 20 credits after finishing sector 5 this morning to optimize data disks for remaining feats, otherwise just purchasing stun guns, cuffs, and droid callers from the store.

Update, now 100% complete with 4 days and 2 hours left on the event clock.
    Post edited by TheJEFFtm on
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Refreshes. That's how.
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    Foxer2373 wrote: »

Please explain how is 4 days possible with no refreshes. There are 14 fights per sector. 14×5×15=1050 total energy minimum. We started with 144 energy, and only get 120 energy a day...

1050-144=906.

906/120=7.55...

so with no missed fights you need a minimum of 7.5 days from launch to complete without using any refreshes.

You are correct I miss spoke refreshes did happen, when I started, didn’t know by the end of time was gonna be an issue, lol it was not. Curious to see the hard layout.
  • Options
    Event has been done for me the last 6 days. I refreshed a couple times cause I was having fun. Spent some credits adding different data cards (not many, like 50). Saw mk5 guns in there and bought em as well as some g12 gear I needed to relic daka up (finally!)

Otherwise I’m hoarding my currency for now until we get an idea of what’s in there and how much razor crest shards will be.

I sincerely hope they improve the conquest store and add more in demand gear to jawas like maybe some relic gear, carbanti circuit boards, etc.
  • Options
    I haven't done any refreshes, finished sector 5 yesterday and will probably get the final reward crate tomorrow. I don't remember exactly how many tickets I currently have, but I'll get the final crate once I finish the event feat requiring wins with full squads of light side heroes.

I'm glad I didn't do any refreshes early, that would have been a waste of crystals. Haven't used any currency at all, just going to wait till I'm almost at the cap and then figure out what I want to buy
  • Options
    I'm done.

I did one refresh around day4 for a couple reasons (experimenting with different teams, stamina, and how low I can let it get + I just didn't know how easy or hard Sector 5 was going to be so I wanted to give things an extra hurry earlier, just in case, because I just didn't want things to come down to the last minute).

Obviously I didn't need the refresh, but I'm not going to regret the choice now. Things are new, you know?

Seems like if things go perfectly, and you buy no refreshes, you'll kill the sector boss with about 5-6 days to go. Then I don't know for sure, but no more than a coupe days to finish feats if you need to.

We'll see how easy Hard Mode is, but I doubt the problem will be so much about losing battles during a sector, but getting to a boss you can't beat.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Last thing in my plate is the 700% feat. Just can’t seem to stick that one. Everything else is done. Ocd is going to kick in probably today or tomorrow and make me focus on that last feat lol
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Last thing in my plate is the 700% feat. Just can’t seem to stick that one. Everything else is done. Ocd is going to kick in probably today or tomorrow and make me focus on that last feat lol

Darth Vader leader, Moff Gideon (doesn't matter if he's geared, other team won't get a turn), and any characters that can give Gideon and Vader buffs to drop their cooldowns.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »

Darth Vader leader, Moff Gideon (doesn't matter if he's geared, other team won't get a turn), and any characters that can give Gideon and Vader buffs to drop their cooldowns.

I have also been adding thrawn to selectively grab TM and/or give a turn to either of them. Have not hit it yet, but plenty of time to try.
  • Options
    4 GL, 3x50 refresh (No big deal, my arena and fleet rank 1) red box prize.

Cant wait for hard mode
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    (No big deal, my arena and fleet rank 1)

3d01374b7541a5e9e920c238c09d62513fe4461f.gif