Savage or 86

Jeff
30 posts Member
Just wondering if anyone has some opinions on who should get my focus post patch. I currently have both 6* and will have 86 7* in a week or so. I stopped getting shards for savage to focus on han in arena as I have no real tank. I am more looking for a a dos to fit in to my arena team. Current team is as follows

(L)dooku 6* max gear
Lumi 7* max gear
Sid 7* max gear
Daka 6* max gear
Phasma 7* max gear

I place around 70-30 normally but would like to consistently finish top 50. Any advice appreciated.

Replies

• Jeff
    30 posts Member
    Options
    I should add that neither are leveled or geared but I have enough mats to get one or the other up to 70 and near max gear if not max
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    Options
    Right now, IG, I'd say. But after next patch meta will shift and who knows... Maybe you should focus on other characters like 5 jedies in order to get Yoda, and decide on this issue after next update and understanding what a new meta is.
  • Jeff
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Only problem with yoda is best case I can have the toons to hit 7* is in 26 days. And that includes Eeth which I have no desire to take past where he is at. If I sub someone else I am looking at 3 months
  • Options
    86 is good, but he's great with Poggle, a higher priority target (or taunt) and turn meter manipulation, which Phasma provides. You may be able to just drop 86 in Sid's place and do better than you are now. Daka sort of works as a tank and Phasma gives TM and it doesn't take a whole lot to be better than Sid in arena. If 86 dodges and gets offense up he'll do huge damage while wasting one of their turns.

I haven't used Savage enough to know how good he can be. Teams with him on them stick out as targets to me in arena so my current thought is he isn't that good. I'll bet he's handy for GW, though. I do know that Yoda rules, so I've been farming Eeth, even though he isn't that great.
  • Jeff
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm. Thanks for the info. I might try and swap him out tomorrow and see how he does. Does anyone know if he still gets the 4.5% crit chance with his unique if he is the only droid, or is he excluded?
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    Savage gets better with the update as does 86. I suggest both habana
  • Jeff
    30 posts Member
    Options
    After further reading through the forums until they fix savage he is going to ride the bench
  • Options
    I started work on savage a whole back and then benched him. I love fighting teams with savage because he doesn't hit that hard, and with his unique ability I can swipe defense and offense up with Yoda and obliterate the whole team.
  • PardeyGirL
    193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    7* Savage and 7* Plasma and/or Poggle combo hits hard... For me.. I have 86 at 6 * for GW
    Savage loves getting hit by all n just keeps going for me till a heal suits the team..
    Quote of the Day "Put that